USA is NOT a Christian Nation

First off, I never replied to these posts because I had needed a break from debate.

This is in reference to This Thread.

Specifically the below posts:

incorrect.

demonstrably incorrect

Post 20

PENNSYLVANIA CONSTITUTION

The foundation of the US Constitution. You should read up on the founding of Pennsylvania and the Quakers. That document was written based on the Quakers core beleifs. The link above is a good starting point.

Post 21

First of all,

Quakers=Christian. You cannot say demonstratably incorrect than not demonstrate. Your argument is thrown out, I won the debate.

Secondly there is a theoretical separation. Thats all and thats it.

Post 23

And now the rebuttal:

Gaf, the foundation of the U.S. Constitution was actually ALL the constitutions of the States. Some may have had more of their own added than others, but that doesn't negate that the document was not based upon just one specific State constitution.

Secondly, the "moral set" of the nation's Constitution and laws may have come from Quaker "core beliefs", but that doesn't make them christian beliefs. Quakers do not speak for all denominations. That would be akin to making polygamous marriage legal and basing it on christian beliefs, just because some mormons believe it.

It's also like saying that Honour Killings are Islamic beliefs/traditions, when they are not.

Where do I find Habeus Corpus in the Bible? Freedom of quartering troops in the home? Right to trial by your peers? What biblical beliefs and laws can we find in the United States Constitution, or its Amendments?

Separation of Church and State, the WALL, is Thomas Jefferson's interpretation of the First Amendment. Thomas Jefferson WAS a Founding Father. Consider it Canon. Why do people debate the First Amendment's meaning based upon the writings and findings of people today when the man who was there to see the ink wet on the document has specifically stated what it was meant to mean.

Bible Time: some of the Ten Commandments

8 You shall not make for yourself an idol, whether in the form of anything that is in heaven above, or that is on the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

9 You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I the Lord your God am a jealous God, punishing children for the iniquity of parents, to the third and fourth generation of those who reject me,

Violations of the First Amendment, Freedom of Religion

11 You shall not make wrongful use of the name of the Lord your God, for the Lord will not acquit anyone who misuses his name.

Violation of Freedom of Speech

14 But the seventh day is a sabbath to the Lord your God; you shall not do any work—you, or your son or your daughter, or your male or female slave, or your ox or your donkey, or any of your livestock, or the resident alien in your towns, so that your male and female slave may rest as well as you.

I see no law against working on Saturday (the real Sabbath) nor Sunday.

I do, however, see a law against owning slaves.

Lastly, I give you the official word of the Founding Fathers:

Authored by American diplomat Joel Barlow in 1796, the following treaty was sent to the floor of the Senate, June 7, 1797, where it was read aloud in its entirety and unanimously approved. John Adams, having seen the treaty, signed it and proudly proclaimed it to the Nation.

Art. 11. As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion; as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquillity, of Mussulmen; and, as the said States never entered into any war, or act of hostility against any Mahometan nation, it is declared by the parties, that no pretext arising from religious opinions, shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries.

---------------

Where the preamble declares, that coercion is a departure from the plan of the holy author of our religion, an amendment was proposed by inserting "Jesus Christ," so that it would read "A departure from the plan of Jesus Christ, the holy author of our religion;" the insertion was rejected by the great majority, in proof that they meant to comprehend, within the mantle of its protection, the Jew and the Gentile, the Christian and Mohammedan, the Hindoo and Infidel of every denomination.

-Thomas Jefferson, Autobiography, in reference to the Virginia Act for Religious Freedom

P.S. - "Your argument is thrown out, I won the debate."

Hardly, do your own research sometime when someone makes a statement that you disagree with. Unless you're just scared of proving yourself wrong.

I do it all the time. I enjoy finding my own viewpoints as wrong. Its nice to know that there are new things I can learn.

Man is not fallable, you are not perfect, and more than likely; you are WRONG quite often. Come to grips with that and you may feel you're just ignorant in areas, and not stupid.

So can I then smack the umpteen millions of people who insist that the country IS founded on Christian morals/religion and we should therefore follow their rules? Please? My hand may get sore but I'll still enjoy it.

No... that would be awful....

unless you wear a glove to keep your hand from getting hurt.

So can I then smack the umpteen millions of people who insist that the country IS founded on Christian morals/religion and we should therefore follow their rules? Please? My hand may get sore but I'll still enjoy it.

Only if you do it with a rolled up copy of the Treaty of Tripoli, for amusement's sake.

i think we should include evolution into this as it seems that enters the debate, they treat it like a religion. as far as science is concerned even mentioning Intelligent Design(does not point to cristianity, thou when its mentioned everyone just thinks its doublespeak to the cristian god) in that field could get you fired. plus it could lead to eugenics.

I bitched slapped a clergyman for saying that to me once, it was great.

Archived