Armpits

Paper Hearts

Won't you please shave your armpits, dear woman?  

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The sexism part comes in when you disrespect people for their sexual characteristics, whether they're genetic (sex) or acquired (hairy-ass stank pits). Sex doesn't have to have anything to do with it.

So how is me prefering shaved women sexist, and a woman preferring say... clean shaven guys not?

The sexism part comes in when you disrespect people for their sexual characteristics, whether they're genetic (sex) or acquired (hairy-ass stank pits). Sex doesn't have to have anything to do with it.

and between phee, gauge, and me, where do you see any one of us disrespecting anyone for this!? we've been voicing preferences, not saying "eewww, look at the nasty skank!" while i have seen some posts of this nature in this thread, i would suggest to you that you take your issue up with those members, because you aren't going to get anywhere with us... :erm

Just stop. If you're not going to make an effort to read and try to understand, just stop.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ive read, i see nothing to justify what youve said. dont tell me to stop because your loosing, just realize that we feel your inncorrect on the subject =)

And TA:

Fine. Let's draw the line at sexual involvement, then.

How do you all feel about people who discriminate against women who don't shave their underarms whom they have no chance of ever sleeping with?

well, now you're changing the parameters of the argument/discussion...

i feel that (wait for it...) it's not discrimination, it's a personal preference!!

(bet i surprised you with that one, didn't i!?) ermm.gif tongue.gif

That's where I got that from.

And you're still using your own negative connotations too liberally with dictionary definitions. "Prejudice" isn't necessarily negative, or positive, though it's often both.

A guy that prefers redheads to blondes or brunettes is a hair-ist.

A person who prefers short people is a height-ist.

A person who prefers shorn pits on women but doesn't care if men have them (or vice versa) is a sex-ist.

A person who believes that women should not be firefighters and men should not be seamstresses (or vice versa!) is also a sex-ist.

Any time you apply standards to men but not to women or apply standards to women but not men, you are treating people differently based on sex. WHICH WOULD MAKE YOU A SEXIST.

How is this so difficult to understand?

And Gauge... Christ almighty. When you clearly imply something, then I assume the implication, then you ADMIT to the implication and don't deny it... WHAT THE FUCK AM I SUPPOSED TO THINK? YOU BASICALLY TOLD ME I WAS CORRECT IN ASSUMING YOU HELD A DOUBLE STANDARD.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This might be the single biggest reach in the history of allegations of sexism.

and between phee, gauge, and me, where do you see any one of us disrespecting anyone for this!? we've been voicing preferences, not saying "eewww, look at the nasty skank!"  while i have seen some posts of this nature in this thread, i would suggest to you that you take your issue up with those members, because you aren't going to get anywhere with us... :erm

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

For the very last time...

"armpit hair on a girls grose."

In the context it carried the implication of a double standard that Gauge has since denied.

And TA:

That's where I got that from.

And you're still using your own negative connotations too liberally with dictionary definitions. "Prejudice" isn't necessarily negative, or positive, though it's often both.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

how was what he said negative. i think your missing the point that its his preference. since when have you seen anyone beeing positively prejudice to someone?

For the very last time...

"armpit hair on a girls grose."

In the context it carried the implication of a double standard that Gauge has since denied.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

there is no double standard! now if i wouldve said - armpit hair on girls grose but dang on guys its sexy, then you would have a point to prove but you dont.

and between phee, gauge, and me, where do you see any one of us disrespecting anyone for this!? we've been voicing preferences, not saying "eewww, look at the nasty skank!"  while i have seen some posts of this nature in this thread, i would suggest to you that you take your issue up with those members, because you aren't going to get anywhere with us... :erm

I don't see disrespect... I believe that (and correct me if I am wrong) the young lady is stating that, by prefering women who shave their pits to not... that is as disrespectful as not giving a woman a promotion for a job for the same reason... I disagree

And you might be the single biggest douche in the history of the universe.

Oh wait, nvm, that's David Blaine.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

are you applying the word douche negatively? wouldnt that be doucheist of you?

how was what he said negative. i think your missing the point that its his preference. since when have you seen anyone beeing positively prejudice to someone?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I didn't even say that. And to clarify, YOU were the only person on this thread who was being potentially overtly sexist, as a bisexual who appeared to prefer shaven women but not care when it came to men. Since you've denied that, you're not sexist in that regard.

there is no double standard! now if i wouldve said - armpit hair on girls grose but dang on guys its sexy, then you would have a point to prove but you dont.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I already said it's not a double standard. The double standard was strongly implied, but you denied it and I have no reason to believe you're lying. I've said that about five times now.

I didn't even say that. And to clarify, YOU were the only person on this thread who was being potentially overtly sexist, as a bisexual who appeared to prefer shaven women but not care when it came to men. Since you've denied that, you're not sexist in that regard.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

sorry let me clarrify for you

"Prejudice" isn't necessarily negative, or positive, though it's often both

that is stating that prejudice can be positive.

I don't see disrespect... I believe that (and correct me if I am wrong) the young lady is stating that, by prefering women who shave their pits to not... that is as disrespectful as not giving a woman a promotion for a job for the same reason... I disagree

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for being polite and respectful. I'll try to be more clear.

By saying what I did, I was trying to move this away from the prospect of actually having sex with people.

To prefer to not have sex with a woman who doesn't shave is one thing, but to openly disrespect her is another.

And anyone who's bisexual and holds a different body hair standard to men than to women is definitely harboring a double standard. I was justified in assuming that someone on this thread was, but it turns out my assumption was incorrect.

Edited for grammar and to be nicer to Phee.

she stated that, in her personal opinion (read:preference) armpit hair on a woman is gross. this could be paraphrased as - i don't find armpit hair on a woman attractive. now, is saying that you find something unattractive the same as being sexist? :blink

Nope. I was trying to move this away from the prospect of actually having sex with people.

To prefer to not have sex with a woman who doesn't shave is one thing, but to openly disrespect her is another.

And anyone who's bisexual and hold a different body hair standard to men than to women is definitely harboring a double standard. I was justified in assuming that someone on this thread was, but it turns out my assumption was incorrect.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

how have i openly disrespected anyone because they dont shave their pits? also if i were straight and said eww pit hair on girls groose would that make a difference? just wondering because it would seem as tho the only argument you have left is the fact that im bisexual.

What the fucxactly are you trying to prove?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

that your argument is a little weak and maybe you should sit back and really examine what your saying. one min your saying one thing and the next your contradicting

Archived