Daaaang

Troy Spiral

So after comming out of my recent "screw it all" hiding out with my illness(es?) for the last 8 months i just looked in the mirror... and steped on the scale.

Good damn. Did i eat THIS many freakin TV dinners? I mean i dont even cook them i just pull them out frozen and suck em.

waahhhh. Diet time here i come. Is there anything you can throw down your gullet that just makes you feel full? Thats the main problem, i dont really "eat just to eat" its just it takes a lot of food for me to feel full.

Ha Ha fat ass :p lol Just kidding Troy :)

If you have a hard time eating alot I will give you a little trick I did when I got into my bodybuilding/dieting kick.

Don't eat anything at all for a day to a day and a half.....it's gonna make your stomach shrink, and then slowly starting cutting back your portions......Also get a gym membership if you can afford it. I work out at the powerhouse 4 times a week and I pay only 35 a month.

Another trick you can do is sometimes when your hungry you are actually dehydrated......drink as much water as you can stand and try to cut out the pop as well. I lost 10 pounds easy just from cutting out pop. I got more stuff I can help you with and I can send you a good book in pdf format that bodybuilders use (don't have to be a BB to use thier techniques)

So after comming out of my recent "screw it all" hiding out with my illness(es?) for the last 8 months i just looked in the mirror... and steped on the scale.

Good damn. Did i eat THIS many freakin TV dinners? I mean i dont even cook them i just pull them out frozen and suck em.

waahhhh. Diet time here i come. Is there anything you can throw down your gullet that just makes you feel full? Thats the main problem, i dont really "eat just to eat" its just it takes a lot of food for me to feel full.

shut up. I bet you're still as beautiful as you were last year. :happy:

Oooohhh, dude. Troy - don't "not" eat. Sorry, Pharoh. But this is a guy who seriously needs some daily nutrition, from the sounds of things.

I know where you're coming from, but I think that's not the greatest advice in this area.

This site has quick, good information on what is involved when a stomach gets used to overeating, and why/how to re-shrink it gradually and safely.

There are many who advocate a "grazing" style of eating as well. I first learned about this way of eating waaaay back in the 80's when Dolly Parton re-appeared as a skinny barbie doll. I do this, and it keeps me very happy by pretty much feeding my face more frequently than 3 large meals a day. But you have to be careful - if you don't keep the right kinds of food around, you'll "graze" on whatever is on hand - WHATEVER. So I keep on hand things like yogurt & cereal (which I mix together, yum), cherries, strawberries, other fruits, lean lunchmeat for a quick half-sandwich, a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store I can grab some meat off of whenever, that sort of thing.

As a result of this sort of eating, I have a very low tolerance for large meals. Jon and I went to a local diner last night and I got a grilled chicken dinner. Came with 2 very small, thin breasts (I think they were closer to half-breasts), mashed potatoes, vegetable & soup. I ate the soup, then was only able to finish about 1 of the half-breasts, a few forkfuls of potatoes and some veggies. I left the restaurant feeling totally packed.

(Like I said elsewhere, if it weren't for the fact that my current condition makes it nigh impossible to get myself moving, I'd probably be half my size right now....)

Oh - and to feel more full, drink tons of water. It also helps flush out bad things from your system.

And watch WHAT you're eating. Cut out the frozen dinners, Troy. Seriously. You've joked a lot about fast food in the past, too. Watch your choices. Do some research - some "light" fare from these places is not as "light" as they'd have you believe.

Good luck!

Well I don't know all his details either, so that is why I tried to keep it generalized as much as possible, and the book I have is called burn the fat and feed the muscle.....it really is a great book for losing weight and dieting. If anyone wants it pm me your email address and I will send it. But anyone knows me before I started working out and dieting and sees me now will see a huge difference, so it works for me lol.

Stay away from Ramen noodles, any kind of TV dinners, and any ready to eat meals.....those are not healthy at all.

I found tyson has chicken strips that come in 2-3 pound bags and it's almost no effort to cook them either.....and it's only 10 bucks. I can share my diet as an example if you want.

Critter posted some good stuff there.

I heartily recommend the South Beach diet. It's not as froufrou Miami-Vice as it sounds. It was designed by a cardiologist and goes in stages, plus it's healthy and balanced. If I follow it very very carefully I lose weight and feel full. The hardest thing I find about it is that it cuts out sugar. Once I'm completely away from it for a week though, my sugar cravings let up. I could have lost a lot on it if I stuck with it but I take weekends off.

I originally did it because my doctor told me my cholesterol was sky-high, the highest he had ever seen in a woman. He said he was almost afraid to let me walk out of the office and wanted me to start those expensive anti-cholesterol drugs immediately. I hate meds. I begged him to let me try diet and the South Beach thing did it for me. Still within normal after a year now, even with weekends off.

Good luck with it and I'm sure you'll find something that works if you keep at it. It's tough but it's worth it for the way you feel when you get more in shape.

Eat a whole bunch of fresh fruits and vegetables, and try to get out and walk a little every day. I didn't cut out pop like Al, but I did start drinking diet. Diet Pepsi and Mountain Dew are great. =) They also make diet pepsi in strawberry and cream flavor. it's awesome!

And I don't know if I'm supposed to find it cute that you sucked on frozen tv dinners, but the visual i got from that... heh. Couldn't that be dangerous if they had any meat or egg or anything?

I lost 15 lbs in just a few months by cutting sugar out of my coffee, and started drinking diet soda.

I also lost more by doing the "subway" diet!

I love me some Subway!!!

Been on a veggie sub kick lately!

I sit on my butt all day, so everything I eat or not eat, affects me dramatically.

I have a very strange metabolism.

I eat one week all fast food, and gain 5 lbs, and then next week i'll be on my Home cooked/salad diet, and lose 5 lbs just as fast.

It fluctuates a lot.

I own size 5 thru 9 jeans just for the fluctuation issues.

I just hope it's not my thyroid! :unsure:

I lost 15 lbs in just a few months by cutting sugar out of my coffee, and started drinking diet soda.

I also lost more by doing the "subway" diet!

I love me some Subway!!!

Been on a veggie sub kick lately!

I sit on my butt all day, so everything I eat or not eat, affects me dramatically.

I have a very strange metabolism.

I eat one week all fast food, and gain 5 lbs, and then next week i'll be on my Home cooked/salad diet, and lose 5 lbs just as fast.

It fluctuates a lot.

I own size 5 thru 9 jeans just for the fluctuation issues.

I just hope it's not my thyroid! :unsure:

Actually alot of that you will find to be water weight, the water in your body fluxes alot and you can see a change by 2 pounds give or take just from what you drink/pee.......It's gonna sound gross, but go to the bathroom before you weigh yourself, I hold about a pound of water in my bladder, and I found that out the hard way lol.

Also.....Jarod is a traitor :p

I went from 220 lbs. to 150 lbs. in 5 months.

Lots of walking each day ( roughly 40 - 50 minutes )

Eat one meal a day ( anything you want just don't over do it )

A snack or two ( very lite ) is also ok

And that's how I did it ~ everyone was shocked and thought I wwas dying from my fast weight loss but here I am today dammit!

And - since then I have only went up 9 pounds in 11 years ( without exercise ) ----- it could work for you too.

which power house you at Pharoh?

and when?

is it dedicated to mens night and womens night?

monthly fee is $35?

whats the catch?

:laugh::unsure:

I am at the one in monroe, and I go usually around 6 or 7pm......it's men and women, and the only catch is that you have to sign up for a year contract, which to me is more incentive to go cause I wanna get my money's worth lol

i have a short indian guy who nerve pinches me a lot. he's teaching me fitness and martial arts which is working out bretty well

Sounds like fun bro, I think I might have to make a road trip and learn with ya ;)

I would post a body shot of me since I been working out, but I am waaaaaaay to self conscious

Hey my chest an arms look decent, but belly is something that leaves to be desired.....just done core strengthening so I haven't done alot of stomach/ab work

And trust me I don't think you wanna see

Edited by pharoh

i've only been doing this two months, and 3 weeks of those have been out to what i now think was a broken ankle (swelling subsided the other day and the boned dont feel in the right place).

but my god, i can feel every muscle in my arm without tensing it, where they overlap, etc.

its good model to learn the accuracy on the arms with nerves.

heyho. make myself some pasta and me go workout again

Weight Watchers has always been my sucess key. I just need to stop craving bread, sweets, fried stuff, cheese.. well anything good really.

I'll come walk with you a couple times a week after work if you want Troy.

Hell with that I will chase you with my car ;)

nah we should set up a dgn mallwalking event. we can all wear sweatpants and little weights around our wrists and powerwalk around macomb mall. or we could walk around outside instead. and we could talk about how herpes doesn't get in the way of our active lifestyles because we use Valtrex. Side effects are mild and may include being in lame commercials and never getting laid as long as you live.