For All The "artists" Here

SpidersMoment

I used to do random drawings all the time. Mostly while iw as at church looking to kill time while the pastor rambled on about how i was sinning. Now i cant anymore. I think i lost my inspiration. So i was wondering.

What inspires everyone here?

Cuz maybe i'm just not trying hard enough. *shrugs*

If i can remember where i uploaded my old drawings i'll post them.

I'm inspired by many things... all the time.

Keep in mind that I have a few creative outlets. Design, Illustration, Photography...

Design-wise (Which is my profession) I can be inspired by a magazine article on a cool product, a color swatch, a particular fashion item... many things. Sometimes it has to do with the forms, sometimes with the materials, sometimes with the colors.

Photography seems to be where I'm most inspired these days, This weekend, for instance. Saturday morning leaving Ann Arbor, the sun was shining through the ice in the trees creating an absolutely gorgeous setting. Sadly, I had no time to stop and take photos. On the way back to Kentucky, with all the snow and fog and mist, there were a ton of moments that I looked at something , thinking what a cool shot it might make.

You can find inspiration almost anywhere. The trick is motivating yourself to follow through....

Even though you may feel like you're not motivated, sometimes just going through the motion will do the trick--no matter how crappy the end result is. Sometimes i just say to myself, "I'm gonna make a big pile of poo, no matter how bad and stinky it is. Then I'll set it aside and come back to it and see if i can shape it into something. Preferably while wearing latex gloves and a mask. And if it doesn't turn out to be gold--who cares? I tried."

Just my two cents--or is it two squares of toilet paper?

Does anyone know where i can go as in galleries or museums or something? I think that if i went out and saw other peoples artwork and how they did such things, it could open my mind to new options.

Or something.

All i know is that i need to kick my ass into something a little more...productive. (my ADD is killing me)

Does anyone know where i can go as in galleries or museums or something? I think that if i went out and saw other peoples artwork and how they did such things, it could open my mind to new options.

Or something.

All i know is that i need to kick my ass into something a little more...productive. (my ADD is killing me)

Ann Arbor has a lot of different types of galleries and museums and such...

I usually get motivated to draw/paint/craft when someone asks me to do something in particular, like painting murals in baby rooms, paint color coordinating paintings for family and friends when they re-do a room and need some color and advice.....I'll do portraits if asked......

Or when it's someones Birthday or Wedding or something, I usually make involved cards and crafts.....

I love to draw, but I need to be told what to draw or be given an idea to create off of. (Although I hate doing other peoples characters Like Garfield, and snoopy....yes I can draw those, but like to come up with my own spin)

My mind is creaky in that area of creativity.....

:doh

Archived