Now Reading... (or Recently Finished)

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I started reading "The Diary of Ellen Rimbauer: My Life at Rose Red" today. I watched the movie the night before and enjoyed it. GothKytten got me on it. :) I like the way it is written so far and I watched the movie "Rose Red" today, which I thought was pretty awesome, even though the affects were kind of crappy. Anywhore, that is what I started today. I am also reading "The Art of Living" by Epictetus. My Philosophy professor said it would be a good read and helpful for life. So I picked that one up and read a page every so often. It is a small book, but I think it is good to only read one page and think about it for a bit before going on to the next.

• 3 weeks later...

Just finished revisiting The Book of the New Sun... well, OK, just the last book (Citadel of the Autarch)... and just moved on to Urth of the New Sun. Gene Wolfe is fucking godlike. No idea how many times I've read these books, and I discover new little treasures every time. I really need to get on The Book of the Short Sun one of these days.

Stuff off of the Poo site. Yah. I am. Did you know panda's poo up to 40 times a day???

http://poonews.blogspot.com/

Pandas are a serious evolutionary mistake... as I recall, they are supposed to be carnivores but are too slow to actually catch anything... so they have to eat massive amounts of bamboo to get any nutrition out of it (since their system is not set up to digest greenery).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

http://nationalzoo.s.../Primates/7.cfm

stuff off of the smithsonian site

Pygmy marmosets are the smallest monkeys in the world. You can see just how small they are if you visit the Zoo's Small Mammal House.

They communicate using scent markings and high, bird-like calls as well as facial expressions and postures.

In addition to the high-pitched whistles and twitters, pygmy marmosets can produce an ultrasonic cry that is inaudible to humans.

Edited by Homicidalheathen