Hair Dye Question

For us non professionals that use boxed hair color....

In the two different kinds i used(ed) in the instructions it says, and has said for years something like:

- Before applying color make sure hair is dry and unshampooed

I've been assuming this to mean, "dont color your hair right after you washed it and dried it, wait until later". Is that what they are saying? If your hair is dry, and clean , is that the best time to dye it?

Or is it just a wierd way of them saying "make sure its dry , and doesnt have any shampoo in it" (as if somehow you'd let your hair dry yet still have shampoo in it. )

In either case it seems odd. Not that its a big deal either way or i'd not have waited like 5 years to ask this question. :laughing:

And for me in particular the hair coloring seems to fade out in like 10 days (which is really irrirating)  grrr. heh

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

To fix this problem you can either leave it on longer so it is a somewhat darker tone or you could wash your hair less often or use color safe shampoo.

Yeah i've been following the directions for years, just becasue i figure the guys that wrote the instructions know better what to do than i do.

Now im just sort of wondering were the logic of letting dirt and grease get inbetween your hair and the dye, helps the dye work better is. /ponder

Hrmm maybe the dye is sticking to the dirt and grease and it gels up and gives you a nice dyed, dirt & grease film for your , now, permanently dirty and greasy hair? :laughing: