Just Checking My Pm Mail.....

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok my 11 cents (cause I have to one up hunhee lol j/k)

I have sat back through most of this and really just sat in astonishment. I have only said something two times pertaining to the relevance of thier statement (or lack there of) and yes it was a bit harsh, but needed to be said and I wasn't attacking, just calling someone on some things that have been said. And after that the thread was closed which I disagree with highly, but I guess it's better to always play it safe instead of take a chance...I'm not a mod, I don't have the responsibility nor do I want it...I like to use a saying that I don't shit where I play, and that pertains to here, city (I was wanted for bouncing awhile back ago) and a few other places.

I understand how Steven is feeling and to a certain degree I agree with him....Phee resistance is not the word to use in this case. In all honesty it's more like extreme force. Everyone here (myself included at times I admit) claims that they are open minded, but yet when someone with strong conflicting opinions is thrown into the mix, then it's feeding time for the sharks. If people just admitted to this I don't think that would be a problem and there would be probably a small difference in the bored drama, but still some difference is better than none. Although it's a could would shoulda situation on that part and in almost every instance.

Do I think Steven reacted in a positive manner? No not at all my bro blew his top...but live and learn right? We all have our moments...

Do I think there is a double standard here? Yes....the play nice rules like hunhee is reciting is great in theory....but there is one X factor in there and thats the users and mods ARE human. I am not calling anyone out on that specificly cause I feel at one point in time everyone here that mods has done it at least once or twice.

Do I think there is something here to be learned? Yes....will it be? Probably not.

Do I think Steven reacted in a positive manner? No not at all my bro blew his top...but live and learn right? We all have our moments...

Do I think there is something here to be learned? Yes....will it be? Probably not.

:respect:

I did blow my top. It was a pretty good one.

....but I guess it's better to always play it safe instead of take a chance...I'm not a mod, I don't have the responsibility nor do I want it...I like to use a saying that I don't shit where I play, and that pertains to here, city (I was wanted for bouncing awhile back ago) and a few other places.

forgot to add this brutha - no - i think its better to take the risk, always better to take the risk (I loathe playing it safe), people have a way of suprising you given the chance.

still, I shit my pants.

one more of these: :respect:

It really isn't that hard to understand though. Work within the system's given set of rules, but heated debate is fine as long as you don't attack anyone personally (and from what I've seen attacking a group of people is fine as long as you don't attack any individuals, which is a pretty nice loophole).

THAT is exactly it. It's not that difficult to understand. It's not that difficult to follow ... the problem here is that it was MADE personal by people calling others names and/or calling others out. Had that not happened, we wouldn't have an issue. These things are fine to bring up - OFF THE BOARD. PM, IM, e-mail ... anything but publicly here. You got an issue - nothing wrong with that, bring it up in private.

The rules have been pretty clear cut since I've known them ... they haven't changed. The mods are here to help members, promote the board and enforce the rules to the best of our ability.

And that is exactly what we are doing.

Uh-huh.

and we as a group are not known for "bucking the system".. questioning the powers that be.

Really, "play nice" is a great rule. I remember that from like kindergarten on the playground. You know what... kids still were mean, beat each other up and ostracized each other for the next 12 or so years.

People are like that. We don't all get along. The more people in the mix, the more chance someone is going to get a bloody nose.

it happens

Even when you do everything you can to stop it.

Someone gets hurt.

I remember having to say "I'm sorry" too and having it said to me.

but that's too close to admitting to something.

And who wants to be responsible for their own actions.

not when you can push and push and push someone until they explode and get in trouble for it... and you can stand back feigning a great unjust butt hurt while you smugly caress your superiority complex.

Take no offense any reader. I am speaking about people in general. Not any one person.

not when you can push and push and push someone until they explode and get in trouble for it... and you can stand back feigning a great unjust butt hurt while you smugly caress your superiority complex.

Reminds me in high school, I got it on tape in fact and took it to the principal. Fucker shoved me and I got in trouble too for starting it (I didn't say much and I didn't get physical at all, because I knew the kid was psychotic). I heard he's rotting in jail now getting buttfucked like he did from his dad.

My point of the story is I like it when people who deserve bad karma actually get it.

A/V class was AWESOME!

accepted Hunhee. Peace.

*Hugs* :) I didn't know it was a war in the first place. :(

Now, are you back or what? I would really like to continue seeing your posts. Like I said before, I do enjoy them when they're well thought out, and most of yours are.

*Hugs* :) I didn't know it was a war in the first place. :(

Now, are you back or what? I would really like to continue seeing your posts. Like I said before, I do enjoy them when they're well thought out, and most of yours are.

I dont know - if Im back and for how long - I didint know when i started that thread if I was completely "out".... I just knew that I needed to say some things and that it would lead us all somewhere......the jury is still out on that one....

I don't think he's trying to cause any drama, I think he just wants to voice his opinion that even though I don't agree with it I believe he's entitled to.

Oh yeah he was goating a discussion about this subject, no question about that. But I do believe it is a topic that needs to be discussed, and was also pretty sure the thread was headed in this direction when he started it.

dang, I missed this part.

10 points for Scary Guy for looking beyond the obvious anbd actually getting it.

THAT is exactly it. It's not that difficult to understand. It's not that difficult to follow ... the problem here is that it was MADE personal by people calling others names and/or calling others out. Had that not happened, we wouldn't have an issue. These things are fine to bring up - OFF THE BOARD. PM, IM, e-mail ... anything but publicly here. You got an issue - nothing wrong with that, bring it up in private.

The rules have been pretty clear cut since I've known them ... they haven't changed. The mods are here to help members, promote the board and enforce the rules to the best of our ability.

And that is exactly what we are doing.

Rayne, it's honestly a bit funny that you are saying "THAT is exactly it" when part of what you quoted was Scary Guy saying that "and from what I've seen attacking a group of people is fine as long as you don't attack any individuals, which is a pretty nice loophole".

That -shouldn't- be exactly it.

How often have people made sweeping comments on this board about Christians?

And as far as play nice is concerned, I can understand stopping things when they are meant to be hurtful, but you can't just blanket over anything that might spark an unpleasant discussion.

There are some issues that affect the board as a whole, and should be discussed with the board as a whole. They are part of the discussion, and contribute to the subject.

There are some issues that affect the board as a whole, and should be discussed with the board as a whole. They are part of the discussion, and contribute to the subject.

....just when I think all is for naught, someone walks in says exactly what Ive been saying, and says it better. XOXOXO to Medea for searching beyond the surface level and looking at both the culture and future of DGN.

Archived