[04/29, Fri] Rasputina @ Blind Pig

It doesnt get much more "Modern Gothy Cannon" than this.

If anyone is wondering where to find an card-carrying,.smart, cool, victorian spookhouse, all-girl corsety gothish show, this is your chance.

No idea who these girls are? Think tori amos mixed with a carinval barker style souxie & the banshees sensiblity. Tunes played musicians that really know how to actually play their insturments extreemly well. Most all of their stuff has some sort of intellectual concept idea and lots of bitting witty satire with a heavy historical bent. OMG.. no 16 bmp electronic drum loops??? :wink

Most of the world first heard of Melora Creager (founder of the band) durring her playing cello backup on Nirvana's final tour , or rasputina via the song "Transylvanian Concubine" which was part of the soundtrack for a Buffy the Vampireslayer episode.

If you want to do some pre-show research i'd probably start here:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00...1186035-6684900

(the easy way)

or here:

http://www.rasputina.com/

(the hard way)

gallery_1_1_16323.jpg

Guest MsMaldoror

Yes, Rasputina is great live. They always put on a fun show--very witty humor mixed with sexy corsets and wonderful music. I'm sure I'll end up going to the show.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been looking forward to this show for a long time, I cannot wait! I loved the CD a friend lent to me, however I truly fell in love with Melora when she covered the opening bit of Sir Mix-A-Lot's Baby Got Back in '02.

I hope to see everyone there.. if Meg shows up, I'll even dance, as promised. :p

Guest PumpkinPete

Rats.

I caught - and came to love Rasputina during - them opening for Sugar years ago.

Alas, this is the day of my bee-day party (sad when you throw it for yourself) so I cannot attend. Double rats.

chris arrr

Archived