War and Peace in the middle east

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Obsequious, adjective: fawning or subservient, excessively eager to please or to obey all instructions.

Fierce, did you mean another word? I am at a total loss as to what you are getting at.

Nevermind. Your style is reminiscent of someone who once admitted to me that he liked to come on DGN and fight with people - push their buttons - for the sake of using people as personal toys.

It was a mild tongue-in-cheek reminder to Fierce to choose her wording carefully, Odim, and you know it.

Actually, I didn't recognize that as being anything resembling tongue-in-cheek.

And I really don't need lessons in semantics from you, thanks.

If you are as intelligent as you are making yourself out to be, you would have understood my point and chose to respond directly to it. Instead, you chose to nitpick semantics. The only reason to make a point of my wording or mis-wording would be to set yourself above me linguistically. Therefore exhibiting a pronounced bully tendency disguised as intellectual superiority.

I never had a problem with the way you've made your points in the past, whether I agreed with you or not. But you're coming off rather unpleasant here. I'm not into subjecting myself to unpleasantries when they can be avoided. Disagreement/debate I can handle. Haughty superiority complexes, no thanks.

Patronize me, lose me. Bye bye.

Fierce, winning an argument on the internet is like winning in the special Olympics; either way, you are still retarded.

I am not trying to win, score points, or humiliate anyone. I am trying to convey my point of view in a way that engenders thoughtful discussion. Gaf and Steven... unless I am presented with further information... they are coming off as ideologues.

Ideologues... do not really make me feel warm and fuzzy in the cockles of my heart.

As for the poor attempt at humor, I apologize. It most certainly seems to have fallen flatter than a Kansas pancake.

Fierce, winning an argument on the internet is like winning in the special Olympics; either way, you are still retarded.

I am not trying to win, score points, or humiliate anyone. I am trying to convey my point of view in a way that engenders thoughtful discussion. Gaf and Steven... unless I am presented with further information... they are coming off as ideologues.

Ideologues... do not really make me feel warm and fuzzy in the cockles of my heart.

I think that someone's getting alittle big for his britches.

If you have all these wonderful points of view, then why aren't you in the Navy using it?

Odims, my ideas are not the same as they were years ago. I am capable of intellectual evolution.

as long as his pride remains intact.

I can see you, you know.

The angrier you get the more determined your spell check becomes.

The more you attempt to sell me your self declared credentials the more I know you worry about what people think of you.

I think that someone's getting alittle big for his britches.

If you have all these wonderful points of view, then why aren't you in the Navy using it?

or the PD

or the fire dept or...

paramedics

soup kitchens

family couseling

nurses aides

big brothers of america

your local drug dealer could use your revolutionary stance for his own good

hey, how bout you give an organ?

save a puppy?

feed the children?

work in an orphanage in a third world country?

or just Detroit?

shovel my snow?

search for the homeless and give of yrou own resources?

help somebody kick

start a column

start a movement

alert the media

bake me a cookie

etc

etc

etc??????

I do think your gifted.

And intelligent

and yet strangely impotent for all of this bravado.

change my mind.....

Steven... what credentials have I declared? I would like to know. I have said that I have learned from my time on internet discussion boards. That makes me an autodidact, not an accredited member of some sort or another.

go backward and re read your posts.

and then look me in the virtual eye and tell me you dont want me to think well of you.

"or the PD" Maybe someday.

"or the fire dept or..." Maybe someday.

"paramedics" Maybe someday.

"soup kitchens" There you go, making assumptions again, Steven...

"family couseling" Maybe someday.

"nurses aides" Maybe someday.

"big brothers of america" Maybe someday.

"your local drug dealer could use your revolutionary stance for his own good" Post revolutionary stance, thank you very much.

"hey, how bout you give an organ?" Nobody has asked, but I have marked my Driver's license, and my family knows.

"save a puppy?" Save it from what? I have raised puppies...

"feed the children?" The organization? I donate to the United way...

"work in an orphanage in a third world country?" Maybe someday.

"or just Detroit?" There are plenty of folks that need my help in Ypsilanti... it seems like a heck of a commute.

"shovel my snow?" You have never asked.

"search for the homeless and give of yrou own resources?" Well, does the United Way count?

"help somebody kick" Help somebody kick? Like a little kid and a soccer ball? Maybe someday...

"start a column" I have a blog, does that count?

"start a movement" A movement of what?

"alert the media" Maybe someday.

"bake me a cookie" I actually make really good cookies.

As for the poor attempt at humor, I apologize. It most certainly seems to have fallen flatter than a Kansas pancake.

were getting nowhere here, cocky.

my last bit of advice for you; know your audience.

any good leader and or communicator, wherever he or she may be found, understands and respects the need to connect at the comfort level of those who's attention to detail he seeks. You don't demand the listener to step up to your particular level, as that breeds distrust and contempt and at the very least confusion.

especially when that audience feels your personal level of involvment is suspect, and I for one, really do...and i doubt I'm the only one. You have a great deal of untapped life experience that has yet to catch up with your mouth.

Oh, I remember what I was going to say...

Logic. Funny thing about logic. You can have idea that follows the rules of logic perfectly and still be dead wrong. Just because something is logical does not make it right. You can use logic to justify anything.

and you can justify anything from the safety of your living room....

You've never been there.

Seen what Odims and I have seen.

If you are so caring for the middle east, then tell the guy that tried to blow me up in July. Let him know I only ran over part of that IED. And now I suffer from a constant stutter, and short term memory loss.

Candy, I am sincerely sorry for your trauma. However, if it makes you feel any better, the guy that tried to blow you up in July was probably perforated by American lead in August.

The military is spectacularly good at what it does. However, it is not all things to all people. I tried to preface all of this with my inherent ignorance of all things tactics. However, there are tactics, and then there are strategies.

It is my sincere belief that the strategies pushed by this administration killed more soldiers and civilians than what was ultimately required to achieve the goal. Moreover, the goal seems to have morphed several times over in these ensuing years.

I honestly, truly, sincerely wish you the best, Candy.

HA! An allusion to my supposed irrelevance in life, eh Steven? Ad hominems are easily dismissed by any 14 year old novice member of a debate team. When you are ready to actually attempt to counter any substantive point that is irrespective of my personal standing, go right ahead.

Archived