Dgn Bowling

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Time? I'm thinking around 7PM ish... Bowl a couple hours then go to CC. If we do Berkley or thereabouts, people that need to change can do so at my place, which is nearby.

Are you going to disable the hidden webcams in the changing room this time?

I still get emails from strangers about the last incident.

Time? I'm thinking around 7PM ish... Bowl a couple hours then go to CC. If we do Berkley or thereabouts, people that need to change can do so at my place, which is nearby.

Sounds good to me. I normally have to be the one to change, because I don't want to wear the same thing I wore out, to CC. Mostly because there is a good chance that I have a more expensive setup for playing around than I do for CC.

I have an option for people wanting to do this but live too far away, or people who want to drink and not have to drive.

I talked to my boss at the hotel and negotiated a good rate for some -nice- rooms, literally just around the corner from Clover Lanes in Livonia. 69.99 for the traditional rooms, and 89.99 for our whirlpool rooms. Price stays the same for a room with a 1 king or 2 queen size beds. This is the same rate we typically offer for groups staying at the hotel for a wedding, so it's not a bad deal.

No we don't have a pool, yes we have wireless internet, and yes we have a continental breakfast. With waffles and omelettes!!!

Let me know if you're interested, we -might- be able to get a lower rate if enough rooms are rented.

*EDIT*

The hotel is about 15-20 minutes from CC, just off of I-96 on middlebelt.

I have an option for people wanting to do this but live too far away, or people who want to drink and not have to drive.

I talked to my boss at the hotel and negotiated a good rate for some -nice- rooms, literally just around the corner from Clover Lanes in Livonia. 69.99 for the traditional rooms, and 89.99 for our whirlpool rooms. Price stays the same for a room with a 1 king or 2 queen size beds. This is the same rate we typically offer for groups staying at the hotel for a wedding, so it's not a bad deal.

No we don't have a pool, yes we have wireless internet, and yes we have a continental breakfast. With waffles and omelettes!!!

Let me know if you're interested, we -might- be able to get a lower rate if enough rooms are rented.

*EDIT*

The hotel is about 15-20 minutes from CC, just off of I-96 on middlebelt.

Again... The east siders requested something more central or closer to them since the Sweeney Todd outing was on the southwest side of town. Berkley/Royal oak/ Ferndale is where this one will be. Maybe next event we can take advantage of your bosses offer.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure there are lots of bad bowlers here.

I saw an ad for a "Bad Bowlers League (avg under 175)"

WTF??

A bad bowler is someone who jumps up and down when they finally got all 10 pins down like it's their b-day.

Bean avgs a mean 75.

On a given night I'm likely to bowl either a 125 or a 67.

I have no idea what I'm doing when I bowl.

SO, I'm down!

We went last night at Hartfield. I have a broken finger on my right hand. I'm left-handed, but can't cut meat or bowl with it. Therfore, I do both with my right. I had to bowl with my left, and I sucked.

I'll see if I can do the 16th. I think it's possible, but I can't go before 9, if my memory serves me correctly. I may just have to forego this trip....

Again... The east siders requested something more central or closer to them since the Sweeney Todd outing was on the southwest side of town. Berkley/Royal oak/ Ferndale is where this one will be. Maybe next event we can take advantage of your bosses offer.

I know, just throwing it out there as an option. I'm an eastsider myself. :)

Bowl 1 in Madsion Heights is pretty nice too. I used to be on a league there back when I was in high school.

I believe the area has been narrowed to Ferndale or Berkley. Marc prolly needs some kind of consensus on where and how many people so that he can get an idea of how many lanes he'll have to reserve and what time we could start. I don't really care where we bowl but if I was to choose I would pick Ferndale just because it's slightly closer to me, and to city club. Either location though you can count myself and Candy in.

I was going to check out a place on Evergreen Street on my way home tomorrow, and I am going to see if they make shirts. Wouldn't it be fun to have some black Polo shirts with the DGN Logo on it?

I don't want to get any hopes up, but I do have some Ideas....

Cart before the horse, don't you think?

I keep forgetting to call. I'll do it this afternoon. Things are slowish here.

Cart before the horse, don't you think?

I keep forgetting to call. I'll do it this afternoon. Things are slowish here.

It depends on how many people are going. I would have to price it, see how many shirts I need to get, and it what size, and what people would want on the back of it. Like a baseball shirt actually.

BTW the bowling is 18 days away, so it's actually late planing.

I was going to check out a place on Evergreen Street on my way home tomorrow, and I am going to see if they make shirts. Wouldn't it be fun to have some black Polo shirts with the DGN Logo on it?

I don't want to get any hopes up, but I do have some Ideas....

SHIRTS....?

Candy my dear, I have but one thing to say to you: :grouphug

I'd so buy one, especially if it finessed my ego and had my name on the back.

Archived