This is why my Grandma and Grandpa Thompson LOVE Mt. Clemens. They told us that it reminds them of Old Detroit.

My Grandma Knight used to wander around in old Detroit when my Grandpa K and her were dating. They used to go catch a baseball game, or go spend 2 bucks at the movies. Which got you Popcorn, a box of Goobers, two cokes, and two shows.

Now Grandma and Grandpa Thompson did the same thing, but my Grandpa would pick her up from work when she was working at AT&T and they would go get a sno-cone, then go catch a flick.

Either way, they would both talk about their stories of Detroit, and it makes me wish I could have been there.

This is how my grandparents remember Detroit,back then you did not need bars on your windows and alot of ppl never locked there doors,it was a surprise that Detroit had more ppl living in it back then,compared to now,Flint was the same way. 090132pv.jpg

This is how my grandparents remember Detroit,back then you did not need bars on your windows and alot of ppl never locked there doors,it was a surprise that Detroit had more ppl living in it back then,compared to now,Flint was the same way. 090132pv.jpg

Seriously, look how beauitiful it was!

People where nice, detroit had a soul.

Damnit, I wish I could get into a time machine and see it for myself.

Archived