Eeewww....

ok - so I just watched some child birth videos... I thought that maybe one day I may want kids, but not after that - it's fucking gross.... my vagina will never look the same after that.... Don't get me wrong, child birth is a very natural and beautiful thing, but I don't think it's for me.... I don't want something that big coming out of me... no thank you....

ok - so I just watched some child birth videos... I thought that maybe one day I may want kids, but not after that - it's fucking gross.... my vagina will never look the same after that.... Don't get me wrong, child birth is a very natural and beautiful thing, but I don't think it's for me.... I don't want something that big coming out of me... no thank you....

You'd be surprised how much your body can handle ... and it's not for everyone ... but if you want kids, it's worth it. :thumbsup: I had three that way and then one c-section. They weren't all that bad.

All I remember from the delivery was the squishy sounds as the doctors pulled the child out. (Both my girls came out by C-section....) That sound is locked in memory.

I don't remember that with mine, but I was too busy falling asleep. I told them I felt like I was going to puke, shortly into it ... next thing I know, they are pushing something into my IV that made me very sleepy. LoL. Cured my pukey feeling though.

When they got me into recovery they put something else in my IV that took me almost instantly out of the sleepiness.

The birth process isn't easy no matter how you go through it, but your body can and does recover.

The hard part is raising the child!

I am happy that I had the experience of having children. Both my children were planned and wanted, but I am sad for the children who are unwanted. Every potential mother and father should really think things through and be sure you want to devote yourself to your child. No child should be unwanted.

ok- I feel a little better about it - still think it looks gross tho, LOLz

LOL, I tend to agree because, not all things in nature aren't butterflies, daisies, lilacs, and Barrett .50 caliber sniper rifles. The fact is, that "nature is brutal," in many regards. However, I have a healthy respect for it all since it is necessary. Therefore, I find the beauty in many things that are natural like the cries of the loon, the sight of a flock of ducks trapsing across an autumn sunrise, the way that third Guinness goes down so effortlessly, and the way that my hook ball destroys the pins in the bowling alleys.

Uggghhh...

It's necessary but everytime I hear a women say "it's BEAUTIFUL!" I say: "Sorry to hear that you had a crack baby, because that's the only thing you could have feasably been smoking to think something like that is beautiful."

I actually watched a birth video on the internet before and physically vomited. Now I've seen EVERYTHING horribly disgusting before, from fucking snuff films all the way down to "2 girls 1 cup" and NOTHING phased me. Not even a little. Didn't even flinch watching any of that stuff. But watching a women give birth was so disgusting and nasty that it literally made me lose my lunch.

See...that's coming from someone who has no desire for children...well I won't say no desire but the cons outweigh the pros by alot in my mind. (I have had girls telling me to have babies my whole life and one of my friends was like "well write down a list of pros and cons and if the pros outweigh the cons then you should have one!" I had like 20 cons and one pro - I would get to go to places like Chuck E. Cheese again and not feel stupid.) So let's just say kids aren't my thing.

We need chicks who have kids though for obvious reasons, and if you're one of 'em uhmmm...good luck and thanks for making the Earth go round. Please raise your kid well, I cannot emphasize that enough, because keep in mind that society has to deal with that child in 18 years.

ok - so I just watched some child birth videos...

Why the hell did you do that?!?!?!? Don't do that! When Guy and I went to childbirth class they showed us those videos and I thought that was the most awful thing in the whole worlld. There is a reason your eyes are WAY the hell up here and your va-jay-jay WAY the hell down there.

And, gross stuff happens before AND after the pregnancy, too.

But, honestly, BILLIONS of women have done this for MILLIONS of years. You'll be fine.

I will say there is nothing about pregnancy that I miss, EXCEPT because I had twins I had TONS of ultrasounds and I would lay in the hospital bed and watch the babies squiggle on the screen and THAT was pretty cool. Everything else about it blows.

But once they come out, they're SO fun!!!

Oh yeah, and on the subject of 'it's beautiful'...I remember when my friend was pregnant and the contractions were coming and every time they did she would stand up, scream for a little bit and sit back down. Her other daughter said 'Mommy, I thought you said childbirth is beautiful'

'Well, it is, just not yet dear. "

:w00t::X:stuart:

I was scared shitless I must admit.

There is always cloning.......

I had a c section.......so you either get the loose um canyon......or a scar. Take your pic missy!

My friend likes to break out the home videos of her childbirthing experiences even to first time strangers with the excuse but

its a beautiful and natural thing!

Natural yes......but much like taking a crap.....its just plain yucky.

If woman, chooses do that way I have problum about it.

-CatsEye :cat:

Generally speaking, c-sections shouldn't be used as an elective practice and usually isn't. They take a much heavier toll on the body. Granted if that's the only way you've got (some women just can't do it the other way) ... that's between you and your doctor, but electively choosing a c-section for no valid medical reason is neither safe nor smart.

If there is a valid medical reason however, by all means, do what is best for both you and your baby. :thumbsup:

Necessary...yes. Natural...yes. Worth it...if you want kids, yeah, probably. Beautiful...no f-ing way!

I don't know why anyone would want to watch a video of childbirth unless they were A) expecting, or B) a doctor planning on going into obstetrics. We had to watch one in my child development class in college. Just...yuck, gross! And when I had to read the Vagina Monologues in college, the chapter on childbirth pretty much soured me on the whole play. The latter made me want to throw up, not just because of the gross factor, but because she kept gushing about how beautiful it is. Ick!

But I don't want kids, so take that as you will.

Guest Megalicious

It's beautiful in the sense that I've never felt closer to anyone EVER then when I gave birth to the Keegie monster and he just looked up at me and cooed. Didn't cry, did'nt fuss. Just looked at me .. and kinda cooed like say "hey, so thats what you look like?".

The actual birthing was insane. I believe I asked Jarod to kill me more then once.

I had a midwife, and gave birth at a hospital. My epidural didn't work and well I pretty much gave birth to him naturaly.

Very painfully, but my midwife was so very awesome. Infact I was ready to deliver for quite some time, but I waited in horrible pain for MY midwife to be there.

It was just me, Joanne (midwife) and Jarod. There was just like this emotional bond and conection that made our relationship some much stronger and deeper. .. and that was the beauty =)

Generally speaking, c-sections shouldn't be used as an elective practice and usually isn't. They take a much heavier toll on the body. Granted if that's the only way you've got (some women just can't do it the other way) ... that's between you and your doctor, but electively choosing a c-section for no valid medical reason is neither safe nor smart.

If there is a valid medical reason however, by all means, do what is best for both you and your baby. :thumbsup:

I agree. C-Section should NOT be an option just because a woman doesn't want to be stretched. Of course, if the baby is breach or isn't getting air, then by all means have a C-Section.

I passed a stone once, don't think I wanna try birth :X

I have heard from women that passing a stone is worse than childbirth. I couldn't even imagine what it would feel like for a man. There's very few things that people say hurt worse than childbirth. I have heard passing stones and exposed nerves.

Childbirth in itself is a beautiful thing in the respect that you are bringing a brand new little miracle into the world. I don't think that the process of it and what it looks like is what they meant when they said it was beautiful, but I could be wrong.

I just was having this conversation with a girl at work. She's like 8months along and was coming up with her birthing plan. EVERYONE is telling her that your stuff will go back to normal. I said no it doesn't, it will never be 100% what it was before.

I've read this is medical things and had woman tell me this. That's why I want to have a C-section. Keep my stuff the way it is and have one more scar. Hell I already have a scar there from another opertaion. So they wouldnt be adding anything to me.

But seriously, do all the kegal thingies you want. After pushing 8lbs give or take out of that hole, it's not going to be what it was. Unless you go to Dr 90210 or some shit and have it put back :D

Archived