How Are You Feeling?

Troy Spiral

This is driving me crazy. Every time I get injections in my neck, I am able to move my head more. Unfortunately, my neck cracks more and I end up getting dizzy. I hate it when the dizziness lasts for more than a few seconds. Its annoying. Now my physician believes having an epidural will help control the pain longer but I am concerned about the dizziness and my neck locking again. At least I wouldn't be in pain. One injection that might last for months versus several injections every month. I will just have to get used to the dizziness and stuff. Not exactly a "duh" moment. :confused:

Our mother's hair began falling out yesterday. She was so upset. I felt sorry for her. It took several months of treatments but now it's here. I hope she doesn't allow this to drive her into depression. I remember when my hair began falling out due to the injections I had to have in my head. I sobered myself up by saying "it's either my hair or my health". She agreed with me and actually perked up when I told her that. After all the crap I've gone through, I'm glad I am able to help others through theirs.

I feel like Mother Nature is really making me look bad this year. I started off like gangbusters getting all these areas cleaned and cleared, but the minute I pulled out the heavy machinery, it's been raining ever since. ...(Insert annoyed scream here)...

I've gotten so used to being treated like hired help (to a certain degree) that I forgot how it feels to just hang out around family with no expectations...when that happens, I'll be sure to make note of it.

Yesterday, I had fun cooking for everyone with an assist by my niece. It took a few hours to make sure everyone was fed (since I made individualized plates) and that all the area was cleaned up before calling it a day.

Although I enjoyed myself, I was constantly nagged by this feeling that if I could spend that much time on food preparation, why didn't I make it to the hardware store to pick up the parts for the shower I challenged myself to have done before a week was up. Then I thought about the fact that I only made that challenge because someone kept bring up the fact that I mentioned where to purchase some old fashioned plumbing fixtures to accommodate the current outdated plumbing that I was looking to overhaul.

I tried not to, but I felt bummed with myself. No one said anything because most of them were still marveling at the work I had already cleared, but I know if I don't make a good push with the elaborate shower plan I mentioned, a certain someone will definitely be mentioning its lack of completion in the next few days.

...Boy, I really need to say off this paved road of good intentions... (-_-)

I feel like singing the praises of Duluth Trading Company Armachillo Workwear :animier:

I just finished pulling a 10 hour workday in full sunlight. There wasn't a cloud in the sky for the majority of the day and for someone with sun allergies, that's a frightening sight. Yet, thanks to an order from Duluth, I didn't even notice the sun nor did I overheat.

I usually have to wear multiple layers of heavy clothing to block out sunlight and the heat from the sun from burning my skin. And for any exposed areas, I have to wear SPF 50 sunblock. But Not Today!!! I was outside in only 2 layers of clothing: an Armachillo Cooling Tank Top and a Wind Shirt Pullover. For my head and face area, I wore an Armachillo Sun Cape Cap and an Armachillo Neck Gaiter. It's a shame the clothing is a bit pricy or I would have purchased pants as well. I just ended up wearing a pair of thick jeans.

The Armachillo fabric is so light, I kept forgetting I was wearing it. So for the first 2 hours of outdoor work, I continuously checked my neck and arms for exposed skin or any signs of burning before realizing each time that I was wearing very light, cooling fabric.

By the time I finished the workday, I was still energized because I never overheated or had to suffer the added weight of extra layers. Looking forward to the rest of work year.

Yep, I fell, so feeling pretty banged up at the moment. At least I didn't break anything and still managed to get the cans to the curb.

Thanks for the assist sis, between you and Oyaji, I've now had two field dressings done on my injuries :respect:

Feels like I'm finally awake. Been in a delirious dream for the last 4 hours. At least all the sleeping gave my body enough time to heal some because I can finally bend my knee...yay!

Trying not to feel overwhelmed and paranoid....I am supposed to be going to pick up parts for this shower build and all I can see is SUN, Skin Burning in SUN... Will the Armachillo Gear keep me cool in the vehicle? Will the cops pull me over for wearing a neck gaiter over part of my face while driving? Do I have to apply a ton of sunscreen again?

• TronRP locked this topic
  • TronRP pinned this topic