What are you about to go do?

Oh_My_Goth

Now that I have inside stuff handled.  About to head out to complete what I can during this cloud cover.

This will be the last low temperature day for a while and I need to use it to my advantage. 

I'm planning my strategy for cleaning the house, so that's what I'm about to do. The floors are a mess and I need to finish the dishes, but I drank too much last night and feel like crap. So we'll see how much efficiently it gets done.

About to start putting my downstairs back together.  Just finished fighting a battle against a carpet bug infestation that resulted in me stripping out the major living areas nearly 12 hours ago. 

On 6/19/2024 at 6:51 PM, Scary Guy said:

Hope you have A/C.  If not you should look into getting that repaired.

~~~~~

Fortunately, just got that recharged the other week.  Also, Trene was able to reschedule.  So, Yay!

About to work on any and everything I get my hands on.  The faster I get the ground work done, the sooner I can get to the detailing process.

About to head out to trim up the yards.  I really do not want a ticket for overgrowth.  They have been clamping down on ordinance enforcement these past 2 years and it is illegal if your address cannot be seen from the street.

The Rose of Sharon have gotten a bit rambunctious this year.  They are beautiful, but not worth a $150 fine. 

On 7/5/2024 at 11:43 AM, TronRP said:

About to head out to trim up the yards.  I really do not want a ticket for overgrowth.  They have been clamping down on ordinance enforcement these past 2 years and it is illegal if your address cannot be seen from the street.

The Rose of Sharon have gotten a bit rambunctious this year.  They are beautiful, but not worth a $150 fine. 

~~~~~

Well, that yardwork didn't happen.  Time to go make it a reality.

On 7/5/2024 at 3:43 PM, TronRP said:

Many (20ish?) years ago after we had our street redone we had a company come and offer to spray-paint our address on the curbside.  They used a white boarder and then black stencils.  You could do something like that, that is assuming your road is newer and you actually have curbs.

Anyway I remember riding my bike on it while it was closed off, and also having a block party with all the neighbors on it.  It was so fun that one day we got everyone to sign a petition to close the city for a day a year later and had another block party on it.  It was good times.

9 hours ago, Scary Guy said:

Many (20ish?) years ago after we had our street redone we had a company come and offer to spray-paint our address on the curbside.  They used a white boarder and then black stencils.  You could do something like that, that is assuming your road is newer and you actually have curbs.

Anyway I remember riding my bike on it while it was closed off, and also having a block party with all the neighbors on it.  It was so fun that one day we got everyone to sign a petition to close the city for a day a year later and had another block party on it.  It was good times.

~~~~~

Wow, that same thing happened here.  Several streets got repaved, a company came through and painted addresses on the curb of the homeowners that wanted it, the block club across the main avenue from us held a block party (and our family got invited due to us being their paper carrier) as they Limewashed the bottoms of their trees.  It was a group effort as we worked and partied.  Nothing like that has ever happened again, but it was most definitely a fun time.

As for the address being seen, it's all good.  I trimmed the bushes back.  Decades ago, my mother had me purchase giant house numbers that we stuck onto the front of the porch pylon because there were complaints that the address couldn't be seen on the house next to the front door.  However, after our mother's passing, her beloved Rose of Sharon now grow like wildfire.  It's like 6 to 8 inches of growth every rainfall.  We think of it as her spirit in the greenery. 

😊

8 minutes ago, TronRP said:

~~~~~

Wow, that same thing happened here.  Several streets got repaved, a company came through and painted addresses on the curb of the homeowners that wanted it, the block club across the main avenue from us held a block party (and our family got invited due to us being their paper carrier) as they Limewashed the bottoms of their trees.  It was a group effort as we worked and partied.  Nothing like that has ever happened again, but it was most definitely a fun time.

As for the address being seen, it's all good.  I trimmed the bushes back.  Decades ago, my mother had me purchase giant house numbers that we stuck onto the front of the porch pylon because there were complaints that the address couldn't be seen on the house next to the front door.  However, after our mother's passing, her beloved Rose of Sharon now grow like wildfire.  It's like 6 to 8 inches of growth every rainfall.  We think of it as her spirit in the greenery. 

😊

I'd consider moving/removing those numbers then since it's on the curb anyway.  But then people might complain they can't find them since it might not occur to them to look on the actual curb in front.

If you have a peak out front or something I'd stick them on that.  I might actually want to move mine now because I hadn't thought of that and we have a small one of those on the front.

4 minutes ago, Scary Guy said:

I'd consider moving/removing those numbers then since it's on the curb anyway.  But then people might complain they can't find them since it might not occur to them to look on the actual curb in front.

If you have a peak out front or something I'd stick them on that.  I might actually want to move mine now because I hadn't thought of that and we have a small one of those on the front.

~~~~~

Sorry if I stated something incorrectly.  We don't have numbers on the curb.  We have numbers on the front of the house.  They are big enough to be seen from the street.  However, the Rose of Sharon grew 6 inches higher than the numbers.  I trimmed the stems back and now everything is back to normal.

Sorry if I made that difficult to follow.

😅

54 minutes ago, TronRP said:

Wow, that same thing happened here.  Several streets got repaved, a company came through and painted addresses on the curb of the homeowners that wanted it

Sorry, I take it you guys didn't want it then?

In any case I just figured that moving the numbers up higher and away would allow you to let them continue to grow as much as they wanted.

On 7/7/2024 at 12:55 AM, Scary Guy said:

Sorry, I take it you guys didn't want it then?

In any case I just figured that moving the numbers up higher and away would allow you to let them continue to grow as much as they wanted.

~~~~~

Don't be sorry.  Here, people park on the street and that made having your address on the curb a moot point especially since garbage pickup was moved from the alleyways to the front of the houses.

I'll have to send you a picture.  At current, you can't call what's in front of the house "shrubs" anymore.  They are like 15 foot tall trees.  The tree that is cut back under the address has to be near 8 feet tall.

Once I get off work, I got to get to the phone store to get my girl's and my phone lines into a family plan to reduce the bill. Then some last minute grooming touch ups (hair cut) and then straight to dinner for kids, bath, put them to bed early, and go to bed early myself. Tomorrow is the day I get to see her and I'm absolutely anxious as hell. Got the whole day planned tomorrow. I absolutely cannot wait!

6 hours ago, know_buddy_kares said:

Once I get off work, I got to get to the phone store to get my girl's and my phone lines into a family plan to reduce the bill. Then some last minute grooming touch ups (hair cut) and then straight to dinner for kids, bath, put them to bed early, and go to bed early myself. Tomorrow is the day I get to see her and I'm absolutely anxious as hell. Got the whole day planned tomorrow. I absolutely cannot wait!

~~~~~

large.1610279809_SendingPositiveVibes111721.jpg

I truly hope it is everything the two of you are looking for in a relationship.