What Are You Thinking?

StormKnight

The dream I had last night ended pretty weird, it ended with me in the backseat of my car, which was being driven over sheets of ice in the tundra, with my immediate family, and a huge hill of ice behind us with a hidden, secluded store, like a small to medium sized mom and pop shop, at the top of the hill, where suddenly insects and earthworms filled the insides of the moving car from the floor to the ceiling, and I was stuck inside realizing it before I woke up.

Edited by Class-Punk

Every person has their own of fun. Each person's idea is unique. Some enjoy visiting others. Some enjoy talking on the phone. Some enjoy role playing. It is what they enjoy doing and makes them feel better and relaxed and even, in some cases, accepted. They can freely express themselves. When a person is forced to constantly do what someone else considers fun it becomes tiresome and taxing. The person slowly withdraws not realizing they are. Even if the things they are doing are at least enjoyable, it is only that, enjoyable. It isn't always that difficult or interruptive to enjoy what another person considers fun for a while, even if it is for a few minutes out of an entire week. Instead of getting offended and upset because someone doesn't think that everything you think is fun isn't, find out what they think is. Who knows, you might actually enjoy yourself.

When a person who has suffered a head injury that resulted in memory loss sees a face that actually looks familiar some of us overreact. We may seem like we are harassing but it isn't that. Its just so amazing to see a face we recognize that it is nearly overwhelming. We cling desperately to that familiarity hoping for confirmation of it. You may have been someone we used to pass on the street or shop at the same store and never actually met but that is enough to give us some sense that we actually did exist here, that we are not strangers to this place... that we are not completely gone. So if someone asks if they know you don't completely write them off as a pervert or nutjob. They may be someone who suffered a head injury seeking acknowledgement of their existence or fragments of their lost past.

I've never understood why hearing tests are performed only inside sound proof booths, especially since most hearing trouble occurs when there are other sounds causing the problem. For example, I hear fine inside the booth. Outside of it half the sounds vanish or become murmurs, not to mention the loud shrieking sound constantly ringing in my ears. I spend most of my time lip reading without trying to appear rude. Gets re-al interesting at times.

• TronRP locked this topic
  • TronRP unpinned and pinned this topic
  • TronRP unpinned this topic
  • TronRP pinned this topic