What Are You Thinking?

StormKnight

Wondering if anyone will show up tonight...I even decided to put off going until after 12am to make sure I will be there during major influxes of people. I think others may be afraid to approach me on the floor because my dancing is probably scaring them off...I will see what happens this time around...

Writing for hours really burns me out.

What am I contributing? What difference do I make? If I were to disappear, would it be detrimental to anybody, aside from money? Am I really so insignificant that I don't matter?

That reminds me that whenever I write up a will or similar legal paper I want to have no funeral, like Christopher Hitchens did-- and if the money's there, viking cremation.. Even if its 80 some years from now I have a fear of being given a Christian or religious funeral, like saying, "Nobody knew or cared about you enough to get this right."

Edited by Class-Punk

Writing for hours really burns me out.

That reminds me that whenever I write up a will or similar legal paper I want to have no funeral, like Christopher Hitchens did-- and if the money's there, viking cremation.. Even if its 80 some years from now I have a fear of being given a Christian or religious funeral, like saying, "Nobody knew or cared about you enough to get this right."

When I'm dead, I don't care how they get rid of that shell. I'll already be gone. It's the living's problem at that point.

I have mashed potatos to cook tomorrow, since culinary students are going to be eating them, I'm going to finely chop up some of the greasiest pork sausage I've ever had in my life to give it some extra zing; and I'm going to take my teacher's advice and use some of the water I boiled the potatos in-- which since our tap isn't too great, I think I'll kill two birds with one stone by boiling them clean and peeled in milk, which will be needed anyways, and lock in as much flavor as possible.

I have mashed potatos to cook tomorrow, since culinary students are going to be eating them, I'm going to finely chop up some of the greasiest pork sausage I've ever had in my life to give it some extra zing; and I'm going to take my teacher's advice and use some of the water I boiled the potatos in-- which since our tap isn't too great, I think I'll kill two birds with one stone by boiling them clean and peeled in milk, which will be needed anyways, and lock in as much flavor as possible.

Dude...Oh Great! Now I'm hungry...

DUDE!!! I want some!!!

someone needs to post something for us to talk about other than just saying what we're doing!

I don't understand your meaning....the majority of the over 100,000 individual threads that make up DGN are discussions, self expression works, requests and you are encouraged to start a new topic if what you are looking for is not here. But if you have been through every topic on DGN, since 2004, then you are far better than myself. I would have been here 1 year as of this July, and I am still finding new stuff to read about and restart. I just post in the same threads on a regular basis because those are topics I don't mind sharing on a regular basis, but if you want to get deep, I suggest you check out the dream threads or the ones that ask about your life story. Unfortunately, with my dyslexia, those types of threads become a weekend project for me.

There are a lot of places on here to get deep and philosophical...and these's always the DGN Coffee House

http://www.detroitgothic.net/index.php?showtopic=20

:coffee:

I don't understand your meaning....the majority of the over 100,000 individual threads that make up DGN are discussions, self expression works, requests and you are encouraged to start a new topic if what you are looking for is not here. But if you have been through every topic on DGN, since 2004, then you are far better than myself. I would have been here 1 year as of this July, and I am still finding new stuff to read about and restart. I just post in the same threads on a regular basis because those are topics I don't mind sharing on a regular basis, but if you want to get deep, I suggest you check out the dream threads or the ones that ask about your life story. Unfortunately, with my dyslexia, those types of threads become a weekend project for me.

There are a lot of places on here to get deep and philosophical...and these's always the DGN Coffee House

http://www.detroitgo...hp?showtopic=20

:coffee:

I have a moral dellema with "necro-ing" threads. If they aren't say a week old I won't post in them (it's an old habit that developed from growing up in sports forums, where if you bring back a thread more than a week old members want your head) lol so that has kind of limited what I will talk about

Plus...idk what to talk about :p

So....hi Tron...how are you? :p

I have a moral dellema with "necro-ing" threads. If they aren't say a week old I won't post in them (it's an old habit that developed from growing up in sports forums, where if you bring back a thread more than a week old members want your head) lol so that has kind of limited what I will talk about

Plus...idk what to talk about :p

So....hi Tron...how are you? :p

Since this is the "What Are You Thinking" thread...

I'm thinking it is about time someone :up: changes their views on how they surf on DGN. A percentage of the threads we currently post in were rediscovered years after they went cold...and I don't recall anyone complaining...try it you'll like it. Reading what thoughts inspired these threads and the responses to them helped me learn a lot about DGN and members I've yet to meet in person, but feel as though I already know them somewhat... :biggrin:

Since this is the "What Are You Thinking" thread...

I'm thinking it is about time someone :up: changes their views on how they surf on DGN. A percentage of the threads we currently post in were rediscovered years after they went cold...and I don't recall anyone complaining...try it you'll like it. Reading what thoughts inspired these threads and the responses to them helped me learn a lot about DGN and members I've yet to meet in person, but feel as though I already know them somewhat... :biggrin:

well played my dear...well played

btw you were WAY too gracias with your gift for the UK trip, I owe you a big drink!

and a huge THANK YOU!!!!

well played my dear...well played

btw you were WAY too gracias with your gift for the UK trip, I owe you a big drink!

and a huge THANK YOU!!!!

Now I think I'm becoming confused...I thought the idea was to help get you to the UK... :blink:

I was feeling bad for not giving as much as I started to, but I still wanted to do my donation to DGN this month... :blushing:

Now I think I'm becoming confused...I thought the idea was to help get you to the UK... :blink:

I was feeling bad for not giving as much as I started to, but I still wanted to do my donation to DGN this month... :blushing:

it is to get me to the UK, which parts confusing (please excuse me if i'm being confusing, i haven't slept in like 3 days I'm getting a bit...hyper?)

it is to get me to the UK, which parts confusing (please excuse me if i'm being confusing, i haven't slept in like 3 days I'm getting a bit...hyper?)

wow, and my spelling was horrid in the original message lol somehow gracious became gracias lol

wow, and my spelling was horrid in the original message lol somehow gracious became gracias lol

You're welcome...I'm happy to help with your trip, but by your comment it sounded as though you were not expecting much given that you are requesting assistance from strangers and the like. In my opinion, if someone has the drive and takes the initiative to motivate themselves to strive for something they deem worthy then why not help out. You never know, it could be that one endeavor that changes your life just from the generosity of a donation.... :happy:

You're welcome...I'm happy to help with your trip, but by your comment it sounded as though you were not expecting much given that you are requesting assistance from strangers and the like. In my opinion, if someone has the drive and takes the initiative to motivate themselves to strive for something they deem worthy then why not help out. You never know, it could be that one endeavor that changes your life just from the generosity of a donation.... :happy:

I was expecting 5 bucks here or there, so your donation was an unexpected surprise. YOU WILL BE GETTING A DRINK NEXT TIME AT CC (you are legal right? lol)

So thank you so much lol

• TronRP locked this topic
  • TronRP unpinned and pinned this topic
  • TronRP unpinned this topic
  • TronRP pinned this topic