What Are You Thinking?

StormKnight

4 minutes ago, Draco1958 said:

So what ended up being the problem?

The factory alarm in fords apparently have a common problem where it malfunctions,  which causes thebattery, starter, the fuel pump and everything to basically shut down so power doesn't go to the engine so if you try starting it up it will either make that clicking noise from the battery or it will sound like the fuel pump isn't engaging so what I have been doing today to start it is:

tilt the steering wheel down to try and smack the alarm wire back into place ;

Turn the key on and off like 8 times until you here the locks auto lock;

Put the car in drive than neutral and back again...repeat. After that you just play with it til it starts up.

That's the temp fix but the actually fix is to reset the alarm relay which is located behind the fuse box inside the steering column so its something that I need tools for. I am gonna see if my brother can help me reset it tomorrow.  

I am glad I figured it out because this issue would have easily been a good opportunity for some auto shop to try and take advantage and end up telling me I need a new fuel pump, starter, and alternator probably. 

Just now leaving the rehab center. Mom isn't doing horrible but she is really down in the dumps. She's awesome at hiding it, with Dad and grandma gone I'm probably the only person left on the planet that can really tell. I can tell she cheers up when i get ther and then is sad when i leave. Feel so bad. 

Plus I'm sick of the half ass care. I have to re-do her urostomy (hard to keep my emotions to myself there u don't wana know) and get her into bed properly they tend to half ass almost everything. t's been a month now. I'm trying!

2_0_littleenginethatcould.jpg

2 minutes ago, Troy Spiral said:

Just now leaving the rehab center. Mom isn't doing horrible but she is really down in the dumps. She's awesome at hiding it, with Dad and grandma gone I'm probably the only person left on the planet that can really tell. I can tell she cheers up when i get ther and then is sad when i leave. Feel so bad. 

Plus I'm sick of the half ass care. I have to re-do her urostomy (hard to keep my emotions to myself there u don't wana know) and get her into bed properly they tend to half ass almost everything. It's been a month now. I'm trying!2_0_littleenginethatcould.jpg

Hugs. I'm so sorry hon. Have they said anything about her coming home and having a Homecare nurse maybe? 

I really don't want to sound all paranoid but I have a feeling someone is specifically trying to fuck with me because of all the things that I have now had happen with my car. I swear nobody ever tried stealing my car when I lived in SW Detroit.  I have more problems with bs in the suburbs than I ever had down there.  

Edited by kat

23 minutes ago, kat said:

I really don't want to sound all paranoid but I have a feeling someone is specifically trying to fuck with me because of all the things that I have now had happen with my car. I swear nobody ever tried stealing my car when I lived in SW Detroit.  I have more problems with bs in the suburbs than I ever had down there.  

People do have problems with stolen cars everywhere.  I can't ever remember anyone having car stolen that lives in the suburbs though *thinks hard*,  half the time I leave the thing running in the driveway to heat up in the winter.  Going all the way back to high school I can't think of anyone.   I can think of probably half a dozen even with my shity memory that have their cars either stolen or vandalized in the D proper.  :( 

What has happened with your car?

25 minutes ago, kat said:

I am starting to wonder if it's that guy who keeps calling you.  Or that maintainance guy who had some of your stuff.

Just now, Troy Spiral said:

People do have problems with stolen cars everywhere.  I can't ever remember anyone having car stolen that lives in the suburbs though *thinks hard*,  half the time I leave the thing running in the driveway to heat up in the winter.  Going all the way back to high school I can't think of anyone.   I can think of probably half a dozen even with my shity memory that have their cars either stolen or vandalized in the D proper.  :( 

My one roommate had his car stolen twice.  Same car too.  He lived in the suburbs.

59 minutes ago, Troy Spiral said:

Someone tried stealing it or something and it screwed up my anti -theft device so the car will only start if I get jumped every single time I have to start it or if I do like 18000 weird things to start it...however today the hood is now stuck unlatched, and it won't start. I am hoping it just needs another jump. I am just so frustrated with it.

59 minutes ago, Draco1958 said:

I am starting to wonder if it's that guy who keeps calling you.  Or that maintainance guy who had some of your stuff.

Oh, it was actually these two dudes that were city workers they found my stuff that was originally in what was a work bag in my car  (I had some books, social work exam notes, resumes which is how they knew where the stuff was from I believe because my address and name were on them) I didn't know them. It was weird, didn't even know anything was missing and these two guys come knocking at my door like are you Katherine? They said they found this stuff in the street or across the street from here somewhere. The person took my bag, and some other documents and threw everything else in the road..like I feel like to mess with me. The maintenance guy...idk..he was a suspect and the old boss that calls me he wouldn't play games like that...also he didn't have my address or anything because I moved since I worked there.

*this was edited because reasons. 

I basically stick a knife in my front door because the lock is not very secure.  I think someone kicked the door in that lived here before me. 

Edited by kat

Missed Kat at the gathering.

Shouldn't be typing should be editing a video its been over a week...

Thinking I'm selfish for wanting... anything... when mom is going through really bad times at the re-hab center, I'm just confused/exhausted/broke/alone but she is stuck in a place that depresses her, which is hard to take, mom is  usually very sharp and alert and not going to lie... bitchy.  But now shes sort of meek and unsure and sad.  Who am I to want "stuff" and "fun". 

Also should start a new random acts of giving topic, been wanting to get to that for a month... wish tron or bobbi or  phee or torn or someone would do it (just cut & paste the old one into a new topic and spam everyone that actually posts in PMs to make an updated list)... so much stuff to do... really want to get this done but its a hard job to delegate as no one wants to do it. 

Need to make a DGN poster level above "Permanent Benefactor" (also should list some ... benefits to being a permanent benefactor, other than just feeling good for helping DGN / House Spiral.  Only real one right now is all possible user rights (big deal) and I'll hold a Gathering card like its my balls until I find out a Permanent Benefactor is not coming to the gathering. (You don't honestly even need to post asking for one at Permanent benefactor level, but please do, just sets a good example.)   Tron is at a glass ceiling. 

Shit.. have to look up moms meds for open enrollment... fuuuuuuuck...

*sucks it up*  random thanks to draco...

2 hours ago, Troy Spiral said:

Thinking I'm selfish for wanting... anything... when mom is going through really bad times at the re-hab center, I'm just confused/exhausted/broke/alone but she is stuck in a place that depresses her, which is hard to take, mom is  usually very sharp and alert and not going to lie... bitchy.  But now shes sort of meek and unsure and sad.  Who am I to want "stuff" and "fun". 

Also should start a new random acts of giving topic, been wanting to get to that for a month... wish tron or bobbi or  phee or torn or someone would do it (just cut & paste the old one into a new topic and spam everyone that actually posts in PMs to make an updated list)... so much stuff to do... really want to get this done but its a hard job to delegate as no one wants to do it. 

Need to make a DGN poster level above "Permanent Benefactor" (also should list some ... benefits to being a permanent benefactor, other than just feeling good for helping DGN / House Spiral.  Only real one right now is all possible user rights (big deal) and I'll hold a Gathering card like its my balls until I find out a Permanent Benefactor is not coming to the gathering. (You don't honestly even need to post asking for one at Permanent benefactor level, but please do, just sets a good example.)   Tron is at a glass ceiling. 

I must say, I had to look up "glass ceiling".  Never knew there was a term of professionalism that conveys such imagery of delicate beauty (but not in meaning), specific to females and members of a minority...but hey, live and learn...:hrhr:

Question, is your mother allowed to receive visitors that are not family members or is she in a mood of not wanted people to see her?  And there is nothing wrong with wanting "stuff" and/or "fun" while going through this.  It was the only thing that kept us sane as we watched our mother literally waste away before our eyes.  You still have to take care of YOU. :heart:

Also, as far as the "Random Acts" topic is concerned, you might not like the way I do it because when I suggested it, there was a totally different meaning behind what I had envisioned.  So as for me, I would feel odd promoting it as is...sorry...:confused:

But don't forget, we are here to help, just let us know what you need. :biggrin:

...and yeah, really missed kat at The Gathering...:blushing:

4 hours ago, Troy Spiral said:

1 hour ago, TronRP said:

I must say, I had to look up "glass ceiling".  Never knew there was a term of professionalism that conveys such imagery of delicate beauty (but not in meaning), specific to females and members of a minority...but hey, live and learn...:hrhr:

Question, is your mother allowed to receive visitors that are not family members or is she in a mood of not wanted people to see her?  And there is nothing wrong with wanting "stuff" and/or "fun" while going through this.  It was the only thing that kept us sane as we watched our mother literally waste away before our eyes.  You still have to take care of YOU. :heart:

Also, as far as the "Random Acts" topic is concerned, you might not like the way I do it because when I suggested it, there was a totally different meaning behind what I had envisioned.  So as for me, I would feel odd promoting it as is...sorry...:confused:

But don't forget, we are here to help, just let us know what you need. :biggrin:

...and yeah, really missed kat at The Gathering...:blushing:

Hugs. I mised you guys too. Car drama sucks. Hopefully next week though. ❤

2 hours ago, Moe Falcon said:

There was talk of doing Gatherings twice a month. vs Weekly...saving money for those of us who are struggling <points at self> maybe you can jump on that? What day -would- be good for you?

I suppose I would be up for whatever just as long as we get the chance to hang out with everyone. 

• TronRP locked this topic
  • TronRP unpinned and pinned this topic
  • TronRP unpinned this topic
  • TronRP pinned this topic