The DGN member map is relaunched! New look, new technology, a LOT of new toys!

A great tool, for planning events or just finding if there are others in your area!

New map is powered by Google maps!

Add yourself to it (Or, your general area. Don't list your exact address unless you want the entire community seeing the address :p )! Peg areas of interest!

Coffee house with cool poetry? Peg it! Like to visit Necto? Peg it!

If you don't want to sign up for another service/site, you can PM me with the city you are in and I can peg the city for you! :)

DGN Member Map

I'm having trouble figuring this thing out. PLUS, I want to post my home up there, but not in such a specific location that EVERYBODY will know where I live, exactly. Not that I mistrust anybody, specifically or generally, but the idea of potentially informing strangers where my house is creeps me out. Help, advice?

I'm having trouble figuring this thing out. PLUS, I want to post my home up there, but not in such a specific location that EVERYBODY will know where I live, exactly. Not that I mistrust anybody, specifically or generally, but the idea of potentially informing strangers where my house is creeps me out. Help, advice?

This got me at first too, when you click "add a peg" and it comes up with the prompt box, the VERY last option is an option to enter a title and click on a generic spot on the map. You notice, my awesome new house I said is at 9 Mile and Van Dyke when REALLY it's around that intersection...not only did I not put what street I live on but did not even put my marker at where my house is on that street, I just clicked on the map at 9 Mile and Van Dyke and boom, they placed the marker there, you enter a title (i.e. TWB's house or soemthing to that effect) click "next" and then finish it up. It's a little confusing for a minute but is easy when you get the system. Definately way cooler than the last one we had, so props to Raev for being a BAMF and setting this up for everyone.

This got me at first too, when you click "add a peg" and it comes up with the prompt box, the VERY last option is an option to enter a title and click on a generic spot on the map. You notice, my awesome new house I said is at 9 Mile and Van Dyke when REALLY it's around that intersection...not only did I not put what street I live on but did not even put my marker at where my house is on that street, I just clicked on the map at 9 Mile and Van Dyke and boom, they placed the marker there, you enter a title (i.e. TWB's house or soemthing to that effect) click "next" and then finish it up. It's a little confusing for a minute but is easy when you get the system. Definately way cooler than the last one we had, so props to Raev for being a BAMF and setting this up for everyone.

Hmmm. Interesting. I think, though, rather than stake out an intersection, I will highlight one of my town's only burial places instead as a point of interest. Thanks for the advice!

• 2 weeks later...

Boo! It wouldn't let me register :(. Everytime I try it takes me to the register page but doesn't load it no matter how many times I hit refresh. Help anyone?

PM me your general area if you'd like and I can put the marker on there for you.

I've not ran into that problem - but at some point in time EVERY website has an issue in the coding, activex controls or something or other.

It should work for you though, now.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is this for people to stalk each other, or what? lol

Everyone needs a stalker, from time to time!

I actually will be using this map for a DGN event that's been talked about from time to time. The location picked will have a lot to do with where the highest concentration of members is.

Everyone needs a stalker, from time to time!

I actually will be using this map for a DGN event that's been talked about from time to time. The location picked will have a lot to do with where the highest concentration of members is.

Yes, they do! =)

What event is this? That's a good way to see where the DGN peeps are. :yes

• 3 weeks later...