Do me a little favor please

Two weeks ago my mom and I took our cat Batzycat to the vet for an upper respitory infection. She got meds and started to get better, then last week she took a turn for the worst. She wasnt eating and lost a lot of weight dramatically. Friday we took her to the vet again. The vet did some tests her white blood count was very low and her red was kinda high, her liver enzymes were up. The vet said that she wanted to keep her for the weekend, force feed her since she wasnt eating and get some fluids in her. She didnt understand how Batzycat could get so sick when she was just an indoor kitty. All the signs were pointing to bartonellosis which cats can get from fleas. My aunt brought up her pug last month and it had fleas, we bought flea medication for the cats but we didnt want to put it on batzycat because she was coming down with a cold. So the vet did another exam she wanted to make sure that was it, she was feeling all around on batzy's tummy said that it felt normal but to be on the safe side she would run x-rays while batzycat was there this weekend. We hugged batzycat told her loved her and that she would be ok. We went home thinking ok since we think its bartonellosis shes going to be fine shes never been outside nothing is going to show up on the x-rays. A few hours later the vet called and said that something showed up near her liver and they wanted to do exploratory surgery to see what it was and if it was treatable. So on Sunday they did the surgery and called and said that she had cancer and it was all through her lymphnodes and liver. So my mom opted for them to just let her go. She was so young she was only 7 , I thought I would be going to pick her up today and bring her home make her a bed up in my room away from the kids so she could rest and get better. I never thought I would have to go to the vets office to take a check so she could be buried in a pet cemetary. I would have said goodbye. I would have hugged her more that day I would have made sure and told her I loved her more too. Her loss feels so much worse because she was my grandmas cat and she was the only thing I had left of my grandma. Please do me a favor and hug your furry babies tell them that you love them. I didnt have the chance to say goodbye and it hurts so bad.

The pic is of Batzycat, her brother butter, and odie she is the chocolate calico cat

Edited by eatdirt426

:cry:cry:cry

The worst thing about having beloved pets, is knowing that you'll have to let them go, one day. I know I'm going to be completely destroyed, when my boys pass on. Definitely not looking forward to that chapter. :sad:

I have my big ginger kitty in my lap, right now. We are so sorry about your precious Batzycat. May her journey across the Rainbow Bridge be pleasant.

I'm very sorry for your loss. :grouphug I lost two cats earlier this year, and they were also only 7 years old. I have lost pets in the past, but these two were very, very special to me and I still become very emotional when I think about them. They got extremely sick and one of them passed away in my arms while the other had to be euthanized. I miss them so much. :crybaby:

I love my pets and I cuddle with them daily.