f*** off and die, 2009

Simon Bar Sinister

I for one happened to love 2009.

• I co-created Oblivion with a couple of friends and we had some really great shows.
  • I got to play a couple gigs with Servitor Sanctum 7 and that was awesome.
  • I saw some of the best concerts of my life (Gogol Bordello and Emilie Autumn).
  • I finally got back into grad school and my grades have been pretty good.
  • My little sister got married and the wedding was awesome.
  • My vacation in North Carolina was nothing short of heaven (except the rainy wet mud day).
  • But most of all, I met a wonderful woman who quickly escalated from dating to girlfriend to fiance over the course of the year.

I have a feeling 2010 is going to be even better.

I am really sorry for those who had a terrible year last year. I know how that can be. I had a terrible run from 1996 to 2001. I'm not even sure how I survived 1998, 1999, or 2001, but I did.

Really, the last three months of 2008 were worse than anything I experienced in 2009, though losing my job last March was a pretty difficult thing and being broke is not much fun. I will also miss Trixie's Coffee House.

Yet, overall, 2009 has been a year of blessings: Spook asked me to marry him, I have been given a second chance to be a part of my daughter's life, I have gained many happy additions to my circle of friends, my best friends were married, a few other friends also married this past year, other friends of mine had a daughter, and I think I have had more days of bliss last year than in many other years prior combined.

For everyone, those for whom 2009 sucked shit through a swizzle stick and regurgitated it into their open mouths, and those for whom 2009 brought great joys, may 2010 be better than anything you've yet known.

You two, are so cute!

..& TWB, great blessing, wait, I'll just quote it out:

For everyone, those for whom 2009 sucked shit through a swizzle stick and regurgitated it into their open mouths, and those for whom 2009 brought great joys, may 2010 be better than anything you've yet known.

:jamin