music to shoot by

Cravenbear

Yes, FPS are enhanced by metal and some industrial, namely Dethklok and Ministry :laugh:. I'd say something that is creepy and lurid like Nazi Zombies is better enhanced by straight EBMdustrial like Skinny Puppy or Front 242.

I found out on accident once though that if you play WoW and listen to Radiohead then you fall asleep and lose the dungeon. Learn from my mistake.

Amon Amarth is much more what I would consider Viking Metal

Not even close...Finntroll and Ensiferum would be Viking metal...

Man, I though this was actually talking about shooting...because at the range you want soothing music if you are looking to aim well...and heavy shit if you have something of the full-auto variety.

Man, I though this was actually talking about shooting...because at the range you want soothing music if you are looking to aim well...and heavy shit if you have something of the full-auto variety.

I was thinking something else entirely... I was gonna say, anything by the Velvet Underground, Iggy Pop circa The Idiot/Lust For Life, or Alice in Chains Dirt. Oops! :p

Not even close...Finntroll and Ensiferum would be Viking metal...

heh I would have to disagree with you there..... Amon Amarth with song titles like: Fate of Norns, The Pursuit of Vikings, Valkyries Ride, Thor arise = Viking

heh I would have to disagree with you there..... Amon Amarth with song titles like: Fate of Norns, The Pursuit of Vikings, Valkyries Ride, Thor arise = Viking

Well I guess they are close but they don't fit into the Viking category as well as others. They are very Viking themed but I like to place them into Pagan Metal...the sound of the music has alot to do with it too. Don't get me wrong these guys rock...but being from Sweden with long names and hair plus a Viking theme is not all it takes...look at the pictures they are just wearing black most of the time...and PANTS! Vikings don't wear pants!

Oh I got way too into that...but I think you will agree that Vikings were too awesome to wear pants...right?

Edited by candyman

I was thinking something else entirely... I was gonna say, anything by the Velvet Underground, Iggy Pop circa The Idiot/Lust For Life, or Alice in Chains Dirt. Oops! :p

If you are going to mention Iggy Pop...post some Iggy Pop!

Yeah, with the thready title I was thinking in so many different directions...it made me contemplate suicide...not actually doing it but what I would play if I did...

If you are going to mention Iggy Pop...post some Iggy Pop!

I can't believe this is the post that's dragging me out of exile

(Unfortunately I have to go to work, so I can't stick around)

Ok, first of all, Pomba, what the hell anything by Velvet Underground??

That's not a mood that's a personality disorder. If any of you haven't listened to them, or heard Pomba or myself have oldgasms about them, they're frickin amazing!

Still, I can't imagine being in a certain mood like shooting games or targets and say

Hey, I'd like to listen to a discordant 17 min piece of music like Sister Ray or even European Son and then

on the next beat listen to Oh, Sweet Nuthin,

Oh, Sweet Nuthin, is so soothing, it's almost coma-inducing.

Anyhoo, buy some Velvet. You can thank me later

More oldmusic rage---we need to post Iggy Pop?? We can't just fucking pull it from our mental playlist?

Ok fine, here you go

Of all the songs about kicking heroin addiction that was later used to get 8 yr old boys excited about going on a carribean cruise that one was my favorite

AS FOR ME, hell if I know, I'm not a gamer and I hate guns, but I suppose I would go with my favorite song right now, because if I HAD to kill a certain someone,

with a gun,

in an alley,

while she was sitting down,

inching backwards,

apologizing for the hell she contuinues to cause bean and I,

as she's begging for forgiveness,

then screaming,

then stopping

this would be the soundtrack.

ENJOY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPcZ0nCaNoA

I can't believe this is the post that's dragging me out of exile

(Unfortunately I have to go to work, so I can't stick around)

Ok, first of all, Pomba, what the hell anything by Velvet Underground??

That's not a mood that's a personality disorder. If any of you haven't listened to them, or heard Pomba or myself have oldgasms about them, they're frickin amazing!

Still, I can't imagine being in a certain mood like shooting games or targets and say

Hey, I'd like to listen to a discordant 17 min piece of music like Sister Ray or even European Son and then

on the next beat listen to Oh, Sweet Nuthin,

Oh, Sweet Nuthin, is so soothing, it's almost coma-inducing.

Anyhoo, buy some Velvet. You can thank me later

I was thinking more along the lines of "Heroin", "White Light/White Heat", and "Waiting For My Man". Anything by Jim Carroll would also be appropriate. And "Walking in Space" from the Hair soundtrack. And that one Cracker song. And yes, I did at one time have an, um, activity-specific mixtape featuring all of the above.

You have prolly figured by now I wasn't thinking guns or gaming.

Candyman, I hate posting videos (plus I didn't want to go even more off topic)... I must like you or something.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=y4hPnZUMBwA

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...