$10 cheap commissions

Aiming to be gentle on the budget! Looking for mainly tattoo design work but also fantasy work, or something you had in mind! (No uber-muscular people or extreme monsters though, not my best area).

I draw the commissions on paper, but the final product will be in digital format, cleaned, coloured and clear.

Let me know!

I also have some surprises on the way in the form of shiny things to be worn around the neck. =)

By selling people on price you're totally devaluing yourself. Stop it now. Look around and see what other artists charge. Artists that do it for a living. Think about the time you have in it. The creativity. The time it's taken to develop that talent. Think about the reputation you want to establish. "Cheap" is not the first thing you want to come to people's minds. Ask what you think you're really worth. If you want to give certain people a special price, that's OK but don't give your stuff away just because you want to make the cost palatable. You're only selling yourself and other artists short.

By selling people on price you're totally devaluing yourself. Stop it now. Look around and see what other artists charge. Artists that do it for a living. Think about the time you have in it. The creativity. The time it's taken to develop that talent. Think about the reputation you want to establish. "Cheap" is not the first thing you want to come to people's minds. Ask what you think you're really worth. If you want to give certain people a special price, that's OK but don't give your stuff away just because you want to make the cost palatable. You're only selling yourself and other artists short.

You've given me something to think about as well, Marc. :)

Smart Marc is Smart. :clap:

I'm aware of this. Thing is, I dont seem to have much luck otherwise. Make prints, no bites. I'd love it if I could sell paintings for as much as I think I could, but in reality, the chances of that happening are next to nothing at best. I dont know if I'm promoting myself wrong, not posting in the right areas.... I apparently dont know anymore.

I'm aware of this. Thing is, I dont seem to have much luck otherwise. Make prints, no bites. I'd love it if I could sell paintings for as much as I think I could, but in reality, the chances of that happening are next to nothing at best. I dont know if I'm promoting myself wrong, not posting in the right areas.... I apparently dont know anymore.

Start with more self confidence. :yes

I've got a dear friend that's been selling her work on ebay... She makes some pretty solid bank on hand-reproduced paintings of artist's-rendition works. Usually in the neighborhood of $50-$75 for an 18" X 20". Her own concepts sometimes get as high as $200. And then there's those indoor mural jobs she landed... $75k for 9 months of work was the best one...

Point being: Marc is 110% right. You're work is only worth what you believe it is.

P.S. If you want, pm me and I'll shoot you a link to some of her work.

C'mon, doll, you can do better than that.... The guys are absofuckinglutely right.... NEVER sell yourself short... Especially with your art. I, myself, refuse to sell any of my portraits for LESS than $60 a piece... and THAT's the price I charge to very close friends for 4-5 hours worth of work on a single subject.

• 2 weeks later...

This so hard.

This is a big problem in the custom lolita community too. I refuse to compete with people who sell skirts for $30...and I've yet to find someone who did that who commanded any respect either.

• 3 weeks later...

I for one as a artist also agree not to sell yourself short. Go to Etsy, Cafepress and fine art america oh and deviant art. My original pieces go for even more because firstly they are the original and secondly sniff I hate parting with my work because I fall in love with my artwork. Its my creation, I dont have kids and dont plan on them so selling my own art work is almost like selling my children and I want them to go to a good home where they will be taken care of so I charge high prices. I just sold the original of my Sock Monkey Nirvana painting and thats went for $150. I wanted more but negotiated the price and the person who bought it has bought my orignal art and collects pieces from me so being they are a fan I am willing to negotioate a little bit.Like I said I want my artwork to go where it will be taken care of not trampled and trashed and I cant imagine anyone trampling a $150 piece of artwork. I often sell things on cafepress. Its a nifty site where I can have my images put on all sorts of things and I recently had somone buy a $60 framed print and baby items with my designs. They pay you a commission of that though. I do it for some of my digital graphic designs I make for fun. I think they look cool so I slap em on there. Granted my artwork dont sell everyday and at this present time I dont make a living on it but as desperate I am in need of money I cant part with my art for cheap.