Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 74 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online
  • Topics

• Well, things definitely got scary there for a bit.  I accessed my removable drive on a device that had a forced upgrade to Windows 11.  The drive was stated as having a corrupted recycle bin then began to systematically remove files from specific folders.  I'm not certain how many folders were affected, but one folder for the entire statistical data collection for 2024 showed as empty and another accessed folder had files deleted for all of September and most of August before I disconnected it.  It appeared as if the drive was being reformatted, but wasn't trying to save or backup any of the data on it.   So now it's time to rebuild my desktop to preserve the data that remains.   Since this was a rebuild from the massive decade worth of data loss prior to August 8, 2018, I'm not feeling as devastated as I did back then.  Sadly, it's beginning to feel like business as usual.  The good news is that with my last Micro Center run, I purchased multiple drives for specific purposes, one of which is strictly for backup data.  I just wasn't quite sure what direction I wanted to go in regarding the new hardware installation, but this incident has definitely steered me into a specific heading.
    • 3:37pm - Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 81 Guests (See full list) TronRP
    • About to head back out to wrap up and lock everything down for the night. 
    • 12:00am - Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 79 Guests (See full list) TronRP 12:10am - Who's Online   2 Members, 0 Anonymous, 86 Guests (See full list) TronRP, Slogo
    • Currently rushing to pay bills before I head back out to finish securing everything from the high winds we are getting courtesy of Hurricane Helene.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.