SOMETHING COLD presents: WHITE CAR + GOLDEN BIRTHDAY (Chicago) + ESPECIALLY GOOD

Something Cold is proud to announce the arrival WHITE CAR from the windy city to the 313 for a very special evening. White Car bring to mind the stripped down industrial-funk glory days of Cabaret Voltaire and early Front 242 but with a definite midwest flare. This is dance music to get your electronic body moving. Joining them are synth-laden 4-track wizards GOLDEN BIRTHDAY. Local weirdo's ESPECIALLY GOOD will fluff any cold induced flaccid-ness!

Thursday, SEPTEMBER 23rd

CONTEMPORARY ART INSTITUTE OF DETROIT

5141 Rosa Parks Blvd

Detroit, MI

9PM-2AM

$5

ALL AGES

BYOB + Cash bar

DJ JUSTIN CARVER + DJ NOCKER spinning minimal-synth, cold wave, post-punk, death disco, goth, dark wave all nite long.

l_2ee5f347acc94954ac251f5a25deff7e.jpg

http://www.myspace.com/elonkatz

http://www.myspace.com/goldenbirthday

http://www.myspace.com/especiallygood

Edited by DJDeadbeat

If you are a fan of REAL industrial/REAL old school EBM, it is ESSENTIAL that you come to this. White Car is amazing and the event is only 5 dollars. You can bring whatever you want with you to eat or drink, you can come and go, you can arrive early, stay late, and dance to music you'll ONLY hear here all night.

Besides...Anthony will be DJing, and we all know he is the SHIZZZZ.

Edited by DJDeadbeat

If you're on Facebook, here is the event page. Pass it around and became a fan of Something Cold while you're at it to keep up with our seedy cold wave social gatherings.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#!/event.php?eid=143460869027891&ref=ts

If you are a fan of REAL industrial/REAL old school EBM, it is ESSENTIAL that you come to this. White Car is amazing and the event is only 5 dollars. You can bring whatever you want with you to eat or drink, you can come and go, you can arrive early, stay late, and dance to music you'll ONLY hear here all night.

Besides...Anthony will be DJing, and we all know he is the SHIZZZZ.

LoL...Thank you for the compliment. I hear Justin aint bad either ;)

Seriously guys....a live band, GREAT music, the ability to bring your own drinks, and only 5 bucks? how can you not take advantage?

just put myself down for attendance. I won't be there right at 9 (Gots other obligations), but will be making this my first Something Cold event. Haven't been to one yet, heard they are a lot of fun.

You're good, no one shows up at 9 anyways, Detroiters (and even the suburbanites) are notorious for being late to parties and shows. This should be a good first one to attend, great live acts! Hope to see you there! The bands don't usually go on til later. Say 11 or so. Last band usually around 1.

You're good, no one shows up at 9 anyways, Detroiters (and even the suburbanites) are notorious for being late to parties and shows. This should be a good first one to attend, great live acts! Hope to see you there! The bands don't usually go on til later. Say 11 or so. Last band usually around 1.

well I've been known to try to show up either on time or early, but then I'm originally an outskirts of Port Huron boy. But if I'm gonna be late, then I like to mention it.

• 2 weeks later...

Very much looking forward to this Thursday @ Something Cold.

Good bands (White Car reminds me of Cabaret Voltaire so much and that's a good thing!)

Excellent DJ's who can both mix well and are extremely knowledgeable about what they are playing.

Last time I went to Something Cold, Deadbeat played a fantastic set of diversified music you'd rarely expect to hear in Detroit.

Yet there it was, making for one of the best nights of diversified, exciting, progressive, rarely heard, not overly requested and simply captivating nights out hearing music in Detroit in a long long time.

One of the true bright spots in this music scene.

AND With Nocker joining Something Cold for this Thursday as a special guest DJ expect to hear some awesome tunes and experience a great night x100!!!!

SUPPORT THIS!!!

You missed a great night if you didnt come.

Golden Birthday and White Car were great, and me and Justin played some great music. I even got to pull out my super secret track :)

and I so wanted to hang out for that secret track, but I barely made it home fully conscious, so I suppose I will have to wait until the next time I catch you dj'ing.

AWESOME NIGHT X 1 MILLION

Great music supplied by the DJ's! Heard so much obscure and DIFFERENT stuff. Nice selections, unique styles and skillfully mixed/transitioned. Terrific job Deadbeat and Nocker!

First band was a little LOT rough.

Golden Birthday is one of those bands that further defines dream pop-shoegze-ethereal music. Shades of Cocteau Twins, other early 4ad acts and Creation records (ie:My Bloody Valentine) can be heard as starting pont influences, but Golden Birthday clearly puts their own incredibly distinctive touches to it. Excellent stuff and you people owe it to yourself to check them out further.

It's no wonder White Car is getting press everywhere these days (and will probably be seeing a ton more). Amazing band that reminds me much of Cabaret Voltaire, and Ministry (their track “No Better” takes you to a familiar 80s industrial sequence similar to Ministry’s “Everyday is Halloween” track.) I heard influences from other early pioneering electronic acts like Portion Control, Severed Heads and Click Click. True electro purist, White Car’s music is dark, yet exotic and has a sinister appeal that you can’t help but come back for more. White Car bring back the pioneering electronic days (but don't dare call it old school or retro as both are poor terms that should be replaced with Nostalgia) with a forward thinking 2010 attitude. One of my new fav bands.

Very enlightening night and looking forward to the next Something Cold!

It was a good time...cool to finally check out SC. :happy:

I really enjoyed White Car and Golden Birthday was pretty good, too. I wanted to dance a few times but still felt a bit out of place. Maybe next time.

The DJs had great sets.

:thumbsup:

The only thing that bugged me...

A guy smacked my ass when we were walking on the door. :dry: