Compliments

The kid stories reminded me of this one:

I was at a ren faire (Yes I am a geek) and this little girl started talking to me and asking about her outfit. She was probably around 4 or 5. Her dad called her back over and said "What were you doing?" and I overheard her say "I was talking to the pretty lady."

Thanks everyone who told a story...keep them coming! The point of this thread is to remind ourselves of the nice things people have said to us, since it's often a lot easier to remember the insults.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The kid stories reminded me of this one: 

I was at a ren faire (Yes I am a geek) and this little girl started talking to me and asking about her outfit.  She was probably around 4 or 5.  Her dad called her back over and said "What were you doing?" and I overheard her say "I was talking to the pretty lady."

Thanks everyone who told a story...keep them coming!  The point of this thread is to remind ourselves of the nice things people have said to us, since it's often a lot easier to remember the insults.

Both parts of that were awesome Saechalyn. That last sentence especially. =)

Let's see...... what compliments have I received.......?

I'm a good dancer

"Tara" is a name worth remembering.

My photos dont do me justice

and, taken off of the DCC forums...... I'm a sexy little bitch. oO

:blushing

Nienna, Brenda, I can sympathize with the two of you. I was always picked on through elementary and junior high school..... never thought highly of myself. Now I hear I'm pretty, etc etc and I'm like "Uuuhh, thank you!"

Guest MsMaldoror

I was also someone who got picked on quite a bit throughout my school days for various reasons. But, I'm thankfully with a great guy who compliments me every day now. :happy:

Hm, let's see.

There have been two instances of very "creative" compliments...or at least compliments that were bizarre enough to leave me staring slack-jawed for a few moments.

The first was getting fondled by a Japanese schoolgirl on the subway in Tokyo.

The second was a friend of mine, telling me out of the blue that I was attractive and had, "a sexy voice". And I had to ruin with my damned smoking habit.

The first was getting fondled by a Japanese schoolgirl on the subway in Tokyo.

Maybe this is a gender-specific thing, but I've been fondled by strangers enough to know it didn't feel like a compliment!

I was told by a classy older lady at a wedding last December that I had wonderful posture and carried myself very well. That was really nice.

Recently, someone at work told me I "looked French...in a really good way!"

Oh, and a guy who works at Moe's in Ann Arbor told my friend (when I wasn't there) that I look a lot like Siouxsie Sioux. That was a huge ego-booster for me. :)

My second year in college I took a class titled "humanities" that was a combined art/literature/music/writing class. It started with the beginnings of art, on through the dark ages all the way through modern art and put it together with music and writings of the era. I was completely fascinated and barely said a word through the whole course, afraid I'd miss something. I scored almost 100% on all my testing, mainly because it was so much fun and it didn't feel like I was studying at all.

One day after class I asked my professor a question and as he greeted me he said "Ah, there's my silent genius. You just sit there in class and soak it all in."

*sigh* I miss college.

wow... some of the weird compliments ive gotten, were:

Wow you have such a pretty name *i beam at that one*

Girl, you can cook! *groans at this one, because he expected me to cook from then on...*

youre the one person i know i can depend on *that a wonderful feeling*

you've got nice boobs *x.x haha, i let that slide, just because he was drunk*

my most sincere compliment came from my ex-fiance

"I really do love you, and i want to have children with you." *what a way to a girls heart...*

Wayne tells me that I'm beautiful...1st thing in the morning, after he puts his glasses one and sees that he is married to a Troll Doll.

He also tells me I have a hot body. I know the truth.

He tells me that I'm funny.

He says that every time I color my hair, it's like being with a new woman. He thinks it's cool.

He tells me that he's so lucky to have me because he says that everyone wants me. He is SO full of shit.

He says so many sweet things to me, and I'm still not used to it.

"You are cute!"

"you have pretty eyes!"

"Yours boobs are perfect"....coming from a woman.

"Can I marry you?"..coming from a stranger.

And random compliments about my fashion sense and sexual talents...lol.

Back in highschool these 2 guys use to tease me and call me Cindy all the time..they said I looked alittle like Cindy Crawford. I didn't think so but they would tease me and call me that all the time to get a rise outta me. We had fun joking around together.

Maybe this is a gender-specific thing, but I've been fondled by strangers enough to know it didn't feel like a compliment!

I was told by a classy older lady at a wedding last December that I had wonderful posture and carried myself very well. That was really nice.

Recently, someone at work told me I "looked French...in a really good way!"

Oh, and a guy who works at Moe's in Ann Arbor told my friend (when I wasn't there) that I look a lot like Siouxsie Sioux. That was a huge ego-booster for me. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It could be gender-specific. Or it could be simply the fact that I hadn't been fondled before. And it was a fairly unorthodox fondling, as I imagine such things go. In any case, it's a choice between that and being told that I look like Val Kilmer in 'Heat', so I'll take that.

Archived