words that should be erased and not used anymore

havoc

Interesting topic.

Using "like" as a filler word or statements such as "you know" being inserted into discussions habitually, instead of actual content would be helpful for sake of clarity. Although not words, and I'm guilty of it myself but less use of ... ellipsis and "quotes" would help communication considerably. In the case of quotes, they get used so much, as often what is meant by the quotes is confusing.

I cannot really think of any words that just by themselves are so bad that I want them gone totally, unless somehow we could go in a time machine and have them never exist in the first place. I need the (very few) words that might fit the bill, to even explain that I don't want them, hah.

I think its more the context or tone. Almost any word is fine given the right context. I tend to or at least try to, think of everyone as part of the human family, thus making every male my brother as an example. I LIKE people calling me "bro" just depends on the context.

Although even in an "idiot" context, while annoying, I've been trying to let go of my elitism, it just isn't helpful for my sense of personal calm. =P

words and phrases:

Bro, brah, dude(this word was only cool when it was still a part of 70s black slang), FTW, FML, SMH, TL;DR, amirite, cool story, PWNED, haters, haters gonna hate, rage, u mad,just saying, Fail, Epic Fail, AB is A (example: annoying slang is annoying)...

Edited by Joey Deadcat

Anyone who calls their significant other "boo" damn does that sound stupid.

I all ways correct someone when they speak the bastardization of the actual term : "beau". School is for correcting mistakes, not enabling them...FAIL!

(for the record, FAIL should never be erased until humans stop making it so damn necessary)!

Irregardless.

Volumptuous.

Dethaw.

Addicting.

They aren't real words. 'Regardless' and 'voluptuous' and 'addictive' are. Also, you can freeze (and even refreeze) something or you can thaw it. Dethaw makes no sense whatsoever.

And 'utilize' is a three syllable ubiquitous monstrosity where 'use' worked just fine.

Edited by taysteewonderbunny

Irregardless.

Volumptuous.

They aren't real words. 'Regardless' and 'voluptuous' are.

while irregardless may be nonstandard, from everything i've researched, it *is* accepted in common usage. i got into a debate with someone about this a while back!

Edited by torn asunder

Yes, accepted in Webster's first, but it is nonsensical as the prefix and suffix are both negations.

quite true, but it's been suggested that the added prefix has been attached to add emphasis to the word, rather than negate the meaning.

it also appears to be common in other languages, although moreso in phrases rather than single words. (quote below is linked...)

Edited by torn asunder

honestly, i am very turned off by the use of what i term "southern-speak" where people, especially 20-something to 40-something year old men drop the "G's" from the ends of their words. i can't stand:

ima (i'm)

gonna or gunna (going to)

ain't (that's the big one for me---i hear it and run away quickly)

havin' (having)

doin' (doing)

goin' (going)

fixin' (getting ready to go or do something)

don't got none (grrrrrrr, didn't they attend school?)

and basically any form of "Jethro Bodene" type of grammar.

Lord KNOWS i am not perfect! but i do feel very "egemecated/edgemecated" when around those who specialize in southern-speak :wallbash::fakenopic: :fakenopic:

sorry, two extra smileys got in there by mistake and i can't get them to leave........

• 4 weeks later...

I like my herpa derps, hurhurhur, u mad brah?, and cool story brah when I'm trolling in any game. Mainly APB.

I also type cutesy at times, words spelled terribly wrong, contractions, pluralizing words that have no business being so, etc.

What does bother me is when people consistently type in "txt tlk" when they have a full fledged QWERTY keyboard at their disposal.

I find the sheer laziness disgusting.

Also long oo sounds.

-booty

-poop

Such words are better replaced with tush, ass, or shit. Anything with such long ooing-ness needs to be 86'd.

Yuh yuh.

Edited by Lacilliyr