DGN Sushi Night Is Comin'!

Destroit

Hell yea, the best ones are Los Galanes and Xochimilco's. There is also Mi Pueblo that is another great one but it is not in actual Mexicantown, it is just a couple miles down the road on Dix.

Xochimilco's is awesome!

Plus, it isn't sushi. I don't like sushi. It makes me gag.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Xochimilco's is awesome!

Plus, it isn't sushi. I don't like sushi. It makes me gag.

That's another reason why I figure it'll be good to switch it up, because not everyone likes every food type (and I know sushi is an acquired taste). So far we've got two for Xochimilco's, so maybe they'll be our next dinner night :happy. I love me some Mexican myself, but some people, much like with sushi, can't stand it. It'll be interesting throwing these at different restaurants with different fare, because it will be a somewhat easy to way to tell who digs what.

For all the people who feel the need to drop in this thread, complain about not liking seafood, and then stating: "I'm not going, but I'll do whatever other night"

(Please wait for that thread, I already said we were going to do different cuisine each time :happy:.)

Hell, I'm even going to be a sport and do an Italian night, and to me Italian food is supreme garbage :ralph. If you don't want to come, fine, but I don't want to have to scroll through a bunch of posts of it just to actually get a good representation of who's attending this one, so if you feel the need to complain about the event night and say "I'm not going" to prove some point, start yer own thread of people who don't like seafood and aren't going :tongue:. Kthnx :unworthy:.

And for the record, I believe the next one we will do is the Mexican Town one. Must talk this over with the hottness, but I couldn't imagine him having any qualms about it. After Sushi Night, we will vote to arrange a weekend in whatever month it's held in, and go from there (I think, from just a sample vote, that we have our restaurant picked)

Saying something like, "I'm going to Fuji and pumped, and am also down for MexiTown!" is fully legit, just please try not to "I'm not going"-jack the thread. Also any, "I can't make it, anyone want to just come out with me another time to get sushi?" comments are a wee bit, I dunno I find them to be a bit rude personally...but that's me. That's like if two DJs were holding two separate events on one night, and one DJ goes into the other's event thread and says, "Fuck this guy! Come to mine instead!" :tongue:.

Edited by Chernobyl

Also any, "I can't make it, anyone want to just come out with me another time to get sushi?" comments are a wee bit, I dunno I find them to be a bit rude personally...but that's me.

Just for the record in case you felt that way about what I said, I wasn't trying to be rude. I want to be involved with the group as much as possible, but it just so happens that when these events are planned I can't make them due to being at CMU most of the time. Hence why I was trying to say I would love to be involved, and if anyone could afford to meet up to do something like this while I'm in town I would appreciate it. I was in no way trying to get people not to go to this event or view myself as being too good to go on the group day. I was just stating the days I would be around if anyone interested in this would mind possibly going again while I'm in the area so I can get to know everyone a bit better. Again I am sorry if I came off as rude.

For all the people who feel the need to drop in this thread, complain about not liking seafood, and then stating: "I'm not going, but I'll do whatever other night"

(Please wait for that thread, I already said we were going to do different cuisine each time :happy:.)

Hell, I'm even going to be a sport and do an Italian night, and to me Italian food is supreme garbage :ralph. If you don't want to come, fine, but I don't want to have to scroll through a bunch of posts of it just to actually get a good representation of who's attending this one, so if you feel the need to complain about the event night and say "I'm not going" to prove some point, start yer own thread of people who don't like seafood and aren't going :tongue:. Kthnx :unworthy:.

And for the record, I believe the next one we will do is the Mexican Town one. Must talk this over with the hottness, but I couldn't imagine him having any qualms about it. After Sushi Night, we will vote to arrange a weekend in whatever month it's held in, and go from there (I think, from just a sample vote, that we have our restaurant picked)

Saying something like, "I'm going to Fuji and pumped, and am also down for MexiTown!" is fully legit, just please try not to "I'm not going"-jack the thread. Also any, "I can't make it, anyone want to just come out with me another time to get sushi?" comments are a wee bit, I dunno I find them to be a bit rude personally...but that's me. That's like if two DJs were holding two separate events on one night, and one DJ goes into the other's event thread and says, "Fuck this guy! Come to mine instead!" :tongue:.

Im not coming.

Hell, I'm even going to be a sport and do an Italian night, and to me Italian food is supreme garbage :ralph.

HEY!!!

Facciamo cibo eccellente. Perché si sente il bisogno di vomitare è oltre me! Credo che semplicemente non hanno avuto veramente una buona cucina italiana. Pertanto, spetta a me va bene. Oppure posso bloccare in un bagagliaio di un'auto e spingere nel fiume Detroit

Sushi's OK and all but if I never have it again I'll live. I just never understood the collective craving for it though or why these dinner get-togethers always seem to revolve just around that particular bit of cuisine as opposed to any other.

And, no, I won't be attending but that's 'cause I'm not a team player but y'all already know that. ;)

Sushi's OK and all but if I never have it again I'll live. I just never understood the collective craving for it though or why these dinner get-togethers always seem to revolve just around that particular bit of cuisine as opposed to any other.

And, no, I won't be attending but that's 'cause I'm not a team player but y'all already know that. ;)

I'm sure we'll get you out when we land on food you love :wink.

HEY!!!

Facciamo cibo eccellente. Perché si sente il bisogno di vomitare è oltre me! Credo che semplicemente non hanno avuto veramente una buona cucina italiana. Pertanto, spetta a me va bene. Oppure posso bloccare in un bagagliaio di un'auto e spingere nel fiume Detroit

I KNOW, I'M A DICK. I hate tomatoes...

But actually, now that I think of it, anything with white sauce, and garlic bread itself, is legit. So I don't hate all Italian.

You rock!