I'm not sure. Would have to look it up. I remember when the movie first came out. Everyone was talking about. Even today if I watch it late at night with the lights off it freaks me out a bit. I guess the people who live there now say nothing strange has happen to them. But the people whom the movie is about if I remember right, said that they think they may had accidentally opened a door somehow, and that let the evil in. I do believe that can happen. That evil spirts are just waiting for a door to be open for them to get in.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure. Would have to look it up. I remember when the movie first came out. Everyone was talking about. Even today if I watch it late at night with the lights off it freaks me out a bit. I guess the people who live there now say nothing strange has happen to them. But the people whom the movie is about if I remember right, said that they think they may had accidentally opened a door somehow, and that let the evil in. I do believe that can happen. That evil spirts are just waiting for a door to be open for them to get in.

Yeah, since that's what's still roaming around until the end of days. People who fail to understand this ARE open doors to them. Ignorance is not always bliss. Speaking of ignorance, there are a lot of people out there who think the bible and the cross are talismans of protection, not realizing the bible is a historical document and instruction manual that includes how to get rid of evil spirits. The crucifix is a symbol of what you believe. I laugh my butt off every time I see people on those paranormal shows grabbing a bible or crucifix and quote the 23rd Psalms thinking that'll fix it then wonder why it didn't work. Can we say "clueless"?