What Are You Thinking? (cont'd)

TronRP

4 minutes ago, Scary Guy said:

You could have stopped typing there 😛

But yes, we are our own worst critics.

~~~~~

Sometimes people just need to get things out...regardless of the outcome.

Our CAD designer is so dumb I don't think they have ever been in the workshop I have to waste so much time fixing the mistakes and waiting for new stuff to get casted. It would save this place so much time and stress to just have me do it, i have the experience with CAD

59 minutes ago, SlavicGoth said:

Our CAD designer is so dumb I don't think they have ever been in the workshop I have to waste so much time fixing the mistakes and waiting for new stuff to get casted. It would save this place so much time and stress to just have me do it, i have the experience with CAD

~~~~~

Are you able to put in for the position?

On 7/21/2023 at 4:13 AM, Scary Guy said:

https://ibb.co/M9qR9Jv Sorry for the shortened link, that's how I found it.

1689614456355718.thumb.jpg.f4514df5da7bef967168eda60df49125.jpg

I will risk sounding like a total nut and say the people I trust most on the aliens thing are Kerry Cassidy, Michael Salla, and Alex Collier, since they would probably shock the average person with things they have to say. 

But I think we can most likely significantly increase the intelligence of the average person and get everyone on the same page about a ton of things if we can get near full disclosure from our governments, and mainstream news loses most of its popularity or is forced to stop lying to people.

4 hours ago, Class-Punk said:

I will risk sounding like a total nut and say the people I trust most on the aliens thing are Kerry Cassidy, Michael Salla, and Alex Collier, since they would probably shock the average person with things they have to say. 

But I think we can most likely significantly increase the intelligence of the average person and get everyone on the same page about a ton of things if we can get near full disclosure from our governments, and mainstream news loses most of its popularity or is forced to stop lying to people.

I agree with Tyson in that there has to be aliens, as the universe is too vast and is filled with the elements that make up life on earth (carbon, oxygen, nitrogen, etc...)

But in the same breath he'll tell you that he doesn't believe that any of them have ever visited our planet.  Is it possible?  Sure and even more so than religion / mysticism.  However it isn't probable at all and that's what counts here.

The government isn't hiding anything because it simply has nothing to hide.  Everyone claiming otherwise is either nuts or trying to grift a buck off the alien hypetrain.  They need to either provide solid evidence to back up their claims or STFU.

10 hours ago, Scary Guy said:

They need to either provide solid evidence to back up their claims or STFU.

Aye, that's the rub. I've heard a *lot* compelling stories - but that's the thing, they're just stories. Very rarely do they have any physical evidence, and often the evidence goes missing. I think life is fantastic and unknowable enough on Earth that we don't need to look for the skies.

Plus - the life that exists out there won't be in any way that is intelligible with ours. Humanity is a uniquely Earth development. Aliens elsewhere are likely to have a completely different evolutionary development. At best, we couldn't interact with them any more than we can interact with animals, plants, and fungi here, At worst we won't even recognize them as life.

21 hours ago, Scary Guy said:

I agree with Tyson in that there has to be aliens, as the universe is too vast and is filled with the elements that make up life on earth (carbon, oxygen, nitrogen, etc...)

But in the same breath he'll tell you that he doesn't believe that any of them have ever visited our planet.  Is it possible?  Sure and even more so than religion / mysticism.  However it isn't probable at all and that's what counts here.

The government isn't hiding anything because it simply has nothing to hide.  Everyone claiming otherwise is either nuts or trying to grift a buck off the alien hypetrain.  They need to either provide solid evidence to back up their claims or STFU.

I think the general public is really bad at seeing probabilities from information patterns which is the end goal of any endeavor to think critically and for that reason they have a narrow view of what accounts for solid evidence and are missing various large phenomena going on.  An example of this is people like Elon Musk or Nassim Taleb using the idea of signal versus noise, or good information versus bad information, when the reality is that you can't simply say it's good to simply permanently discard any bit of information because you mostly don't know everything, including what information might be crucial to you in the future.  And Thomas Sowell goes into the same thing in his book Intellectuals and Society with some people who have wealth and power, who are egotistical, and equate having wealth and power with their wisdom in how they use it, which makes politicians more destructive for example.

But that's my two cents.

6 hours ago, Class-Punk said:

I think the general public is really bad at seeing probabilities from information patterns which is the end goal of any endeavor to think critically and for that reason they have a narrow view of what accounts for solid evidence and are missing various large phenomena going on.  An example of this is people like Elon Musk or Nassim Taleb using the idea of signal versus noise, or good information versus bad information, when the reality is that you can't simply say it's good to simply permanently discard any bit of information because you mostly don't know everything, including what information might be crucial to you in the future.  And Thomas Sowell goes into the same thing in his book Intellectuals and Society with some people who have wealth and power, who are egotistical, and equate having wealth and power with their wisdom in how they use it, which makes politicians more destructive for example.

But that's my two cents.

https://fr.sott.net/article/27467-Orwell-versus-Huxley

I wanted to post this in another thread.  May as well post it here.

7 minutes ago, SlavicGoth said:

I'm already busy with so many other tasks in this place CAD is full time to the point we sometimes have somone whos not with our store do some for us

~~~~~

You're making me curious as to what your company does...👀

9 hours ago, kat said:

I been wanting cheese its lately. 

My mother used to love those, and I still do.  The low fat ones are also just as good since I can't really taste any difference in them.

But now I'm wondering if low fat is a worse deal for most things since you technically usually get less product for about the same price.

The one person with all the camera equipment is out of state at the time we have a photo shoot for the art project on the 13th and we can't reschedule because we have limited time in our space at Russell's. Trying to figure this out, only one of us has access to and the money for good camera equipment 

Wow...a quick run turned into a 3 hour session on stuff and things with some cleaning work done.  Now I'm short on time to get some food and get ready to chauffeur in less than an hour.  But I'm going to make it work.