What Are You Thinking? (cont'd)

TronRP

4 hours ago, NocteSpiritus said:

Yes, I've met the boy on numerous times at the Gathering. Do I want him to succeed? Yes, absolutely. Does he need a wake up call? Yes. Should it be a harsh wake up call? In my opinion, yes. He's been, as Tron put it, living in his own show and it's been easy going in his view. He's going off to college, time for some steps back. Start cutting off certain things. Financial funds (emergencies not counted here) once a month. Be like "this is enough money for rent, utilies, and food/going out" if you spend it all that first weekend. SOL.

That's all me though. 

~~~~~

Yes.  As I did with his sister.  If they want spending cash, they must get a job either on campus or some place they can reach by public transportation.

Our mother made provisions for them in her retirement plan which is why they were covered until the age of 18.  The death benefits they received were slated for college and their childhood needs.  Therefore, at least his freshman year, including room and board and the freshman meal plan, is covered.  However, anything extra after that is on them to provide for themselves.  Emergency situations are different.

The boy actually qualified for several scholarships including the Detroit Promise.  And in true form, he is continuing to drag his feet about getting a job because as he says, "Everything is covered". 😌

The thing is, although he has a meal plan, it is limited to a set number of meals per month at 2 specific times per day.  If he gets hungry between meals, he's going to learn quick about the benefits of earning spending cash (which he could have been doing all this time because I already signed the guardian release form for him to work.  He did one 2 week job and called it a wrap).

6 hours ago, Scary Guy said:

I can't imagine, oh wait, yes I can.

So I was talking to Ted about the "old days" and he told me about something the cops would say called "NoM" which stood for "N****r on Mac" relating to blacks on the wrong side of Mac Avenue.  Not even a "sundown town" although if it was after sunset that was probably worse.

~~~~~

Mack and Alter Road is the division between Detroit and the 5 Cities of Grosse Pointe.  Everything below Alter is Detroit.  However, above Alter is split by Mack Avenue.  Everything to the West is Detroit.  Everything to the East is Grosse Pointe.  And because residential neighborhoods start right of the main roads, you get eyeballed if you are in the wrong neighborhood.

The Pointes may not have the status of a "sundown town", but law enforcement there sure don't seem to have a problem with giving that impression.  And that's just from my own experiences since 2010.

However, after I got my Tundra, I've notice a decline of being on law enforcement radar.  Almost as if to say, "If you can afford that, you must be someone with a job and therefore be respectable on some level".  Oh, the places I've been able to pull into with that vehicle...and no one pays me the time of day. 😆

3 hours ago, oXMiahGraceXo said:

NVM this guy is super boring and only exists to try and get people to click on his blog posts. 😕

Most of the internet is trash not worth reading.  At least his wasn't AI generated trash trying to sell you something I guess, but still not worth it.

34 minutes ago, Scary Guy said:

Most of the internet is trash not worth reading.  At least his wasn't AI generated trash trying to sell you something I guess, but still not worth it.

I love finding like weird neiche personal blogs and things. But this was disappointing. 

Ugh I hate to think about how ai is going to change things Over. 

Just now, oXMiahGraceXo said:

I love finding like weird neiche personal blogs and things. But this was disappointing. 

Ugh I hate to think about how ai is going to change things Over. 

AI is both exciting and scary.

It's scary because of all the crap that will be generated.

It's awesome because it will be able to sort that out from the real content for us and filter it out of any search results.

Oh great, I think I accidentally fell down the YouTube Rabbit hole.  I was trying to find out the backstory to something that popped up on my FB page while I was trying to find any postings about the next Gathering.

This kid made me do it...the short was posted on Facebook, but it didn't really explain anything so I looked it up.

BTS…… No Caption Needed !!! Behind the Scenes at Chris Brown Manchester #dance

Then I found this and had the "Ah Ha! moment...

WATCH THIS CHRIS BROWN FAN GETS SURPRISED!!!! #youtubeshorts #viral #smile #dancing #chrisbrown

Then I fell down the Rabbit Hole.

large.586c1a0d8bd17_0756Emoji043015.png

@NocteSpiritus @Scary Guy @kat

OK...so I tell the boy everything I said about him and the conversations that ensued in his honor.  And in true form, he looks me straight in the face, laughs and with a big grin says, "You right, you right!"

There's nowhere else to go with that!!!  Gotta love it!

gallery_4589_1202_211729.gif

5 hours ago, TronRP said:

@NocteSpiritus @Scary Guy @kat

OK...so I tell the boy everything I said about him and the conversations that ensued in his honor.  And in true form, he looks me straight in the face, laughs and with a big grin says, "You right, you right!"

There's nowhere else to go with that!!!  Gotta love it!

gallery_4589_1202_211729.gif

"If I'm right then WHY DON'T YOU FOLLOW MY ADVICE!?" is where I'd go with it.  (except mine had more swearing in it.)

One is ignorant because they can claim they didn't know any better.  The other is stupid because they know and STILL actively are choosing the bad thing.

On 8/18/2023 at 12:31 AM, TronRP said:

~~~~~

Yes.  As I did with his sister.  If they want spending cash, they must get a job either on campus or some place they can reach by public transportation.

Our mother made provisions for them in her retirement plan which is why they were covered until the age of 18.  The death benefits they received were slated for college and their childhood needs.  Therefore, at least his freshman year, including room and board and the freshman meal plan, is covered.  However, anything extra after that is on them to provide for themselves.  Emergency situations are different.

The boy actually qualified for several scholarships including the Detroit Promise.  And in true form, he is continuing to drag his feet about getting a job because as he says, "Everything is covered". 😌

The thing is, although he has a meal plan, it is limited to a set number of meals per month at 2 specific times per day.  If he gets hungry between meals, he's going to learn quick about the benefits of earning spending cash (which he could have been doing all this time because I already signed the guardian release form for him to work.  He did one 2 week job and called it a wrap).

Glad that someone had the foresight to have things set until 18 and college freshmen year. 

Sad to say, it's sounding like the boy is one of those who expects to 1. have things handed to him 2. coast through life. His life is gonna be tough after the end of freshmen year. If not sooner. 

Like many others, my life is tough and I'm struggling, yet I'm here doing my best ever since my father's death. The boy is not there and may not get there like the rest of us.

The festival is under new management this year and they need to get their shit together. No bread bowls, no perogies, no legs and ran out of special mugs for the royal passes. But the campfire cooking is way better and seeing all the old faces again is always worth it

some African guy on fb hates me for being

USA wt

I just wanted to know why

he's a freedom fighter

he explained it to me

and I said ya

go ahead n hate.

did you know, uranium is released in cobalt mining for that battery your using to type on your phone?

his little brother

was born with no arms

I had no idea they had done this to the Congo. 

2 hours ago, gwen said:

some African guy on fb hates me for being

USA wt

I just wanted to know why

he's a freedom fighter

he explained it to me

and I said ya

go ahead n hate.

did you know, uranium is released in cobalt mining for that battery your using to type on your phone?

his little brother

was born with no arms

I had no idea they had done this to the Congo. 

I mean that's really just the tip of the exploitation iceberg.  Pretty much any major "first world" nation has gotten that way on the backs of smaller nations.  Also the amount of waste is insane.  We have made in the USA products that are shipped across the ocean for packaging and then back again to be sold.  Many people have good reasons to hate our government and our corporations.  There are some very evil motherfuckers out there who deserve to be hung by a short rope.

Still that's not a real good reason to hate all of the people here just for living here.   I mean I get it, but it's not like we personally went down to mine that cobalt, harvest those bananas, extract that palm oil.  Many here are even against those things as well.

Anything that could go wrong at work did. From injury to broken projects, Yaaayyy. Im ready to sleep but I have to get a project for the festival started and done by Friday afternoon. I don't think ill have time to go to the BF show

Edited by SlavicGoth

Campus move-in day is fast approaching and I have 2 young'uns moving in this year.  This time around, I am prepared. I'm not deepening on the Welcome Crew's lame system of "We ran out of...", "Please be patient" NOTHING!!!

I've got a foldable wagon, an upright dolly and a horizontal furniture trolley.  I also have the "Park Detroit" app so I don't care about "designated free parking".  If my truck can fit there, I'm parked!  I've got bottled water ready to go.

Since my body has recovered from the water poisoning situation, I'm also in better health.

I also have Golf Umbrellas for the Sun and/or Rain.

Good to go!!!

It's so amusing how this World has changed with regards to technology so much that they've created blanket messages that if you are reading this, you can, "Trade in your old device for cash...".

Yeah, I don't think they are gunning for a Ryzen Core Desktop with a boatload of peripherals that was build from an Antec Barebones kit 6 years ago.  But hey, you never know.

😆