What Are You Thinking? (cont'd)

TronRP

17 hours ago, kat said:

I can't upload images for some reason. 

~~~~~

There was a major behind the scenes change by the host company that screwed up several of our databases during an "end of life" software situation.

On 8/11/2024 at 5:38 PM, TronRP said:

There was a major behind the scenes change by the host company that screwed up several of our databases during an "end of life" software situation.

Is that related to the Great DGN Outage this week? Scary Guy and I were freaking out about it lol

On 8/14/2024 at 6:21 PM, et-novum said:

Is that related to the Great DGN Outage this week? Scary Guy and I were freaking out about it lol

~~~~~

Yes, it was.  Sadly, it takes 24 to 48 hours to resolve a propagation for every change that is made, even if it was set by the system.

In an attempt to save the original DNG, I purchased a service last year.  Oddly, the host company didn't have the ability to host the purchase until June of this year and for the first time, it kicked in after they made changes to their site.  Unfortunately, it resulted in a lot of software incompatibilities that I am currently working to resolve. 

I take full responsibility for the downtime.

Interestingly, I left a message with a member named Stu just in case Scary Guy might have contacted him to mention about the site being down, since they go to the same event.

But that error message had me going and there was nothing I could do about it.

😅

5 hours ago, TronRP said:

I take full responsibility for the downtime.

Honestly, not your fault and you don't need to carry that guilt.

We're not hosting experts, or coding experts, or even forum software experts.  We do the best we can with the tools we have.  It's really on the hosting company to fix things.

I'll tell a little story about a forum called coffin-talk.net (archive.org link, is safe to click) which is long since dead with the domain now hosts a zombie blog.  It used to be a really fun site for professionals and fans of the funeral industry.

Since I know a thing or two about phpBB and I was a regular user Cat made me an admin to help out with things.  There was another user whom they made an admin that I didn't demote even though I could have.  That user ended up pruning the entire board, and it was devastating!  He said he was sorry and took full responsibility but the damage was done.  This happened in January or February I think, and luckily I made an entire backup from October of the previous year.  Though that wasn't good enough for the site owner so the forum was just unceremoniously shut down.  I tried a few times to fix it but I couldn't get SSH or FTP access, and I'm not even sure I'd have had any luck.

The associated store still exists at http://www.pushindaisies.com, and it still links to the forum.  Supposedly I have a $100 credit I've never used, but I'm not even sure it'd work at this point anyway.

2 minutes ago, kat said:

My sister said that I have ozempic face and now all I see is my face looking like a melting candle 😭 

I don't actually even use ozempic! 

~~~~~

I'm confused because I don't actually know what that means.

:blink:

6 minutes ago, kat said:

I technically didn't either. It's saggy and wrinkly skin from fat and volume loss.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/ozempic-face

~~~~~

Dang...that means most of the people I know have "that" face.

That's harsh to label it like that.  Maybe it's a cultural thing. 

We just call it "getting older".

Maybe that look means more to some than others.

🤷‍♂️

50 minutes ago, TronRP said:

~~~~~

Dang...that means most of the people I know have "that" face.

That's harsh to label it like that.  Maybe it's a cultural thing. 

We just call it "getting older".

Maybe that look means more to some than others.

🤷‍♂️

For me it's just the actual seeing the change after being over 200 lbs for the past 10 years, to see the rapid change in my skin because of the weight loss. 

The past few days, I been having weird feelings like my head, face, and neck are on fire. I took my temperature this morning and it was perfect so I was like wtf I feel like my head is on fire and than, I got quiet, and thought, oh, "wait a minute"

and my inner voice kicks in like, "Bitch, you are 45 years old, what do you think this is? Huh? What do you think,  ma'am?" 

On 8/21/2024 at 11:48 PM, TronRP said:

I realize that I can sleep just about anywhere.

Omg yes, I been using this thing, a peptide called DSIP (delta sleep inducing peptide) It doesn't make you get to sleep but when I actually am asleep I sleeeeep so good.  I'm out, like even if it's 3 hours it's the best sleep I've had in so long, when I do wake up in the middle of the night, I'm back out immediately. No problem. 

Edited by kat

8 minutes ago, kat said:

Peptides are amazing.  I been obsessed since like April and devour as much information as I can on the different uses and protocols.  It's a rabbit hole for sure. 

~~~~~

I must be full of natural peptides in my old age.

😆

I can't believe I got so much done today...mainly because I didn't go to sleep last night and thereby was able to start my regular non-personal responsibilites at 4:30am this morning.  However, once I sat down, I ended up having a 4 hour nap. lol

So much going on.  I'm just glad that the weather is finally cooling off enough for me to get the rest of the stuff done.  Unfortunately, I already ended up burning my arm in the Sun Sunday morning because I forgot to wear my cooling gear while tending to the Kiki Clan in their hutch that I built for them in my backyard.

I surprised myself by actually getting some work done on the rest of the carport tunnel.  I had to wait for a new order to arrive before I could get back to work and now I have the full length completed.  It's just a matter of getting the side roofing panels on as the ridge is already on.