What Are You Thinking? (cont'd)

TronRP

On 11/21/2022 at 10:30 PM, TronRP said:

~~~~~

We grew up in a Southern Mindset household (we kids are first generation Northerners) and EVERYTHING we did had a superstition to it.  As a kid, I thought superstition meant "fear".  As I got older, I understood that it meant "belief".  As I studied History and Mannerisms through the ages, I came to understand why they had the superstitions that they observed...it was just that the reasons for those observances got lost over many generations. That's when I came to discover that superstition actually means "societal warning".  Failure to heed the societal warning and unwanted consequences were sure to follow.

Case in point, one such superstition that was a MUST to observe was "Never set your had on the tables or chairs".  Growing up, I never knew why that was so important and my imagination created all kinds of scenarios with creatures stealing the hats to critters nesting in them.  We were never told why.  It was like living the movie "The Village" by M. Night Shyamalan.  To this day, I still hesitate about where I place a hat.  However, while studying European history (specifically during the time of Dickens) a proper gentleman wore a Top Hat as a sign of state and status.  The more pristine the hat, the higher your prestige in society.

However, should you accidentally damage your hat by say sitting on it or someone setting something on top of it, your hat would then give you a look on par with that of a vagabond and your appearance would be considered unsightly should you have to appear in public without your status symbol or with a damaged one.  That's why it was considered an insult to punch through the top of someone's Top Hat.

Therefore, in proper society, upon entering a building, a man would politely remove his Top Hat (so as not to scuff it on the walls, ceiling or low hanging archways) and immediately hang it on a hat rack which would generally be located near the entrance.

From that, hundreds of years later, these social observances are still followed, but without understanding or meaning.  Men are to remove their headgear upon entering a building.  Men (in particular) are not to wear headgear indoors.  Never set your hat on a table or chair.  Always make sure your headgear is presentable in public.

As I would learn things, I would share them with family members so they would at least understand why they were doing what they were used to doing.  Needless to say, that never went over well and, apparently, I was not good at reading the cue to shut up.  As adults, it was like those superstitions were ingrained in the actual fiber of their being and to say anything against those beliefs was just this side of sacrilege.

Eventually, I learned to keep a lot of things, I learned, to myself.

Wow, that turned into a novel...😅

I get it. We learned things like if a bird flew in your house it was a messenge that death was near or if a picture fell of a wall..another messenger of death...(damn, why was all our stuff dark, though 🤔) seeing multiple pennies randomly like thrown on the ground was a sign a deceased loved one was near, hmm...mostly all of them were surrounding death and the afterlife. 

On 11/16/2022 at 11:28 PM, TronRP said:

~~~~~

Do you have any images you can post of items you've already made?

Also, if you are using an outside image storage service, I can assist you with bringing the images to DGN in a compatible format.

Not readily on hand. I wanna get a semi professional set up, but that's gonna be a minute. Need a mannequin head for the hats and a torso for the scarves. It's a work in progress.

Walked in the Dollar Tree yesterday after I went to see my friend in the hospital who just had a triple bypass surgery and I'm obviously not in the best of spirits,  I just want to finish my Saturday stuff and go the hell home.  I go in, the store is crowded,  everyone is happy looking and there is a lady and a bunch of people turn and smile and say hi, and I say hi, and I guess I wasn't as joyful as everyone expected because next thing I know is there's a 6 ft 4 green grinch that stole Christmas dressed up dude darting towards me and with his arms out for a hug and than I realized why everyone was so happy,  so than I smile like,  oh duh, so he comes at me all sassy like going to give me a hug but than does that hand thing like, sike! Lmfao 🤣 and prances away..I was like,  "you suck""!! I seriously couldn't stop cheesing, my face was red the entire time I was in the store though.  It was funny as hell. He got me good 🤣

I was at work yesterday and when I was cleaning the tanning area this member who I have seen a few times before walked by and said hello and I always say hello to him as I do everyone well a few minutes later he comes back and says, "excuse me,  miss, but I see how well you do around here and you take really good care of the place...the city has an opening,  it would be part time , of course I wouldn't want to take you from here," as he hands me his business card and says email me your resume and he may have also said to call him too.  I look at his business card, well I'll  be damned, he's the mayor of the city I work in!  That made my week. What a great compliment and I bet working for the city pays way more.

Edited by kat

12 hours ago, kat said:

I was at work yesterday and when I was cleaning the tanning area this member who I have seen a few times before walked by and said hello and I always say hello to him as I do everyone well a few minutes later he comes back and says, "excuse me,  miss, but I see how well you do around here and you take really good care of the place...the city has an opening,  it would be part time , of course I wouldn't want to take you from here," as he hands me his business card and says email me your resume and he may have also said to call him too.  I look at his business card, well I'll  be damned, he's the mayor of the city I work in!  That made my week. What a great compliment and I bet working for the city pays way more.

That was fast! I have a interview for city hall tomorrow. Dang, the Major apparently was raving about my housekeeping skills. I'm clearly overcompensating for my childhood the whole mom was a hoarder thing and my own past laziness  😫 

Edited by kat

I can't believe I spent the better part of today playing on Duolingo.  Apparently, now they have it where you can access the app by website so I was able to use my computer instead of a mobile device.

Duolingo is fun and highly addictive.

:pc:

So much work for no reason.  I submitted all of the proper documentation for court filing back in October.  It took them 2 months to miss everything, but they had no problem issuing me a "Notice of Deficiency" in a timely manner. 

:dry:

Oh well, time to do my letter flooding thing...:evil:

On 12/10/2022 at 7:25 PM, TronRP said:

So much work for no reason.  I submitted all of the proper documentation for court filing back in October.  It took them 2 months to miss everything, but they had no problem issuing me a "Notice of Deficiency" in a timely manner. 

:dry:

Oh well, time to do my letter flooding thing...:evil:

Smh. It reminds me of requesting my ss card and I was supposed to get it in like 14 days 3 months ago. Gotta go there tomorrow I guess.  Grr.

Dirty, dirty boy....

Shit...I came to edit the lyrics because I was listening to this earlier and realized my terrible mistakes..

Oh yea..

I hear everyone is talking on the scene, ......

and than something....something,  blasah, blasah....

Edited by kat

On 12/9/2022 at 3:28 PM, TronRP said:

I can't believe I spent the better part of today playing on Duolingo.  Apparently, now they have it where you can access the app by website so I was able to use my computer instead of a mobile device.

Duolingo is fun and highly addictive.

:pc:

i've been on duolingo for years, but always on my laptop, never via mobile - i'm surprised you weren't aware!?

4 hours ago, torn asunder said:

i've been on duolingo for years, but always on my laptop, never via mobile - i'm surprised you weren't aware!?

~~~~~

I've been watching Trene on it for the past 5 years, however, I've only seen her use her phone and the invites she sent were always mobile invites.

13 hours ago, TronRP said:

~~~~~

I was emptying out old emails that I had been holding on to for years...for no reason.  It's been a minute since Future Shop has been in business...😅

Oh yea I keep getting mailbox almost full messages and find so many old messages I'm like..wtf was this from? 😭