How Are You Feeling? (cont'd)

TronRP

14 hours ago, know_buddy_kares said:

I just quit soda cold turkey.

It's crazy how much that makes you feel better even though it seems like such a small thing. I quit drinking excess soda a few years ago (mostly because it was expensive and I stopped wanting to I deal with cans). I was in my teens and it cleared up a lot of my acne.

Plus quitting sets a good example for your kids

😛

That part. Most the initial reason I do anything is either directly or indirectly for my kids. Also while my lady friend has me on cloud 9, I want to do what improvements I can whike she gives me the strength and drive to do the self work that was prevuously overwhelming so in case things dont work out down the road, ill be better equipped to handle it. But so far this girl has me feeling all sorts of amazing things and is starting out quite well for the talking stage.

Edited by know_buddy_kares

My lady friend just got her papers sent to her home state for her car title. Next up is her registration, and even she is having a hard time hiding her eagerness to meet up finally. I'm all excited over here. Like holy shit I finally get to see this angel soon! No expectations past that, but man I'm happy it's finally going to happen!!

Feels like I am still off my game.  Nothing is back in place yet and I have to keep other responsibilities from piling up.

Feeling like it's a good thing I don't curse because I would really let it out on a couple of sites right now that are attached to the DGN accounts.

:rant:

Absolutely excited and riddled with anxiety. My lady friend decided it's time we finally meet up. Plans are this Friday. Head spinning, so much to do to prepare! Heart racing, I've been hoping this since April. My soul is soaring through the sky though. I finally get to see her. She's become the most important person since helping me not want to take a carbon monoxide nappypoo. I swear she's gonna get the biggest and longest hug from me ever. I will be floating this entire week. Even feral kid and throwing food on the walls last night didn't bother me one bit. I get to see her. That's all that really matters this week. I'll be floating this whole week now.

18 hours ago, know_buddy_kares said:

Absolutely excited and riddled with anxiety. My lady friend decided it's time we finally meet up. Plans are this Friday. Head spinning, so much to do to prepare! Heart racing, I've been hoping this since April. My soul is soaring through the sky though. I finally get to see her. She's become the most important person since helping me not want to take a carbon monoxide nappypoo. I swear she's gonna get the biggest and longest hug from me ever. I will be floating this entire week. Even feral kid and throwing food on the walls last night didn't bother me one bit. I get to see her. That's all that really matters this week. I'll be floating this whole week now.

~~~~~

I truly hope it is everything you envisioned. 

:happy:

On 7/8/2024 at 3:57 AM, TronRP said:

Feeling like it's a good thing I don't curse because I would really let it out on a couple of sites right now that are attached to the DGN accounts.

:rant:

Well the nice thing about being an admin is they don't need to continue to be attached?

I don't know the context, but I'm guessing it isn't bitrot but rather enshitification of some kind?

On 6/18/2024 at 5:52 AM, Slogo said:

I generally hate things I've done and just try to be better.

I feel this very much.  Like I'd love to go back to a not so long ago version of myself and whip that bitches ass. 

22 hours ago, Scary Guy said:

Well the nice thing about being an admin is they don't need to continue to be attached?

I don't know the context, but I'm guessing it isn't bitrot but rather enshitification of some kind?

~~~~~

Actually, it's both.

This just caught me off guard is all.

Feeling rather pleased with myself.  I just figured out how to project my PC to my Tablet as a wireless monitor.  It's probably something that is very basic for tech users, but for me (Madame Archaic), it's a feat.

:biggrin:

1 hour ago, TronRP said:

Feeling rather pleased with myself.  I just figured out how to project my PC to my Tablet as a wireless monitor.  It's probably something that is very basic for tech users, but for me (Madame Archaic), it's a feat.

:biggrin:

No that is pretty impressive.  Like an extended monitor though or mirroring the main one?

It also depends on how it's doing it though.  I've used things like VNC (basically a free Remote Desktop) to display and control remote systems but that's just mirroring them.  Still it was pretty useful and every once in a while I fire it up to control my father's system without actually having to go to it for updates and whatnot.

I feel alright,  I managed to climb my fat ass down the river ladder this afternoon and swam in the  Detroit River water here.

I been living here 4 years and I been wanting to go back there and swim with the other ladies every year but scared to do it because;

1. Bathing suits on my ass = 🤢

2. I haven’t swam in a few years.

3. Fish hooks, giant rocks,  toxic waste, and dead bodies. 

4. It's the fucking Detroit River.

That currant is no joke though.  I think my neighbor thought I was going to be taken out to Canada for a minute.

I even busted my toe on a giant rock and didn't cry once......

in front of anyone.....it may be broke...seriously 😜

Edited by kat

Feels like the last day really got crazy.  Tried to do some outdoors night work, but that didn't happen due to other things needing attention inside.  Then I had to chauffeur to Southfield later that morning and lost brakes on the return trip, just as I turned onto my street.  Dropped Trene off at the house and ran the vehicle straight up to the service station.  Whole new situation of built-in obsolescence.  Fortunately, the mechanic was able to repair one thing, but there are still multiple other issues that need addressing.  Unfortunately, I don't think anyone in this area deals with that type of work.

So it feels like I'm taking baby steps with getting everything taken care of on my truck.  One step forward, two steps of holding patterns. 

:dry:

Absolutely jazzed. Anyway, I called and got an earlier appointment with my orthopedic surgeon and I’m going to see if I can schedule surgery. It’s getting to the point where I’m in constant pain and have to ice daily. Just can’t take it anymore. And as much as the prospect of surgery scares me, I know I need it.

Just woke up from a nap and now I feel floaty and lost. Naps reset my brain in a bad way and I lost the little momentum I had for the day. Plus it's humid as hell right now and I just feel a little gross because of that. Blegh 😕