How Are You Feeling? (cont'd)

TronRP

5 hours ago, NocteSpiritus said:

Not sure if I'm actually ready for actually being at the restaurant tomorrow for actual training. Reading the email I shoulda checked hours ago (pertaining to the final inspection due to happen at 1:30), it's unsure where we're gonna be training at.

~~~~~

Just make sure you show up early enough to get the confusion out of the way so you can get on track.

Feels like I'm going to be extra tender in the morning.  Apparently, I hit my hip while I was working in the yard...not sure when it happened because I was so focused on the goal of getting something done before the rain started.  Hopefully it won't slow my progress...

13 hours ago, TronRP said:

~~~~~

Just make sure you show up early enough to get the confusion out of the way so you can get on track.

Sent an email before bed and got one telling where to meet up. There for a couple hours (KM/chef told us it's his way to force the company to pay us), had lunch at the Mac, then home. Now to run out for caffeine or not.

Horrible.

Spent more than expected on food I didn't need (pop and chocolate), and now uber broke. And who knows when pay from work is gonna get in due to 'difficulties on pay roll's end'. Like I seriously need that money here. I don't want to have gone through all the security stuff for the badge, and all the time spent for orientation and "training" (we have yet to actually be trained due to the health inspector not signing off the entire place to us).  I had a call from another place that I turned down for the airport job, believing that one would work better. I could've been working and getting money. 

Another's outta gas and groceries; and they're not running back and forth on a maybe (know this through the group text).

Trying to feel like I was productive to some degree today.  I spent 3 hours on a cleanup effort and the before looks about the same as the after.  I just have to keep plugging away at it...🙄

I'm feeling rather accomplished for knocking out 8.5 hours on the backyards and alley cleanup.  My body feels like a lazy muscle, but I can live with that...

😄

A bit tired, excited, and a 'how the hell' moment. Tired from training, excited since we're supposed to (finally) be getting in and getting everything ready for opening, and 'how the hell am I gonna get up at 3 to be there by 5'. 

Times to be at work starting tomorrow:
Friday: 12 noon

Sat: 8 am (so a 6 am alarm)

Sun: Off (volunteer hours)

Mon: 7am - 12 noon (so a 5 am alarm)

Tues: 5 am - 2 pm (so a 3 am alarm)

All the alarms are set 2 hours ahead so I have time to wake, get ready/out the door, travel time to the employee lot/shuttle to the terminal, and a mild sprint to the venue. We do have a 10 minute grace period before we start getting points.

Feeling happy that I managed to get myself ready and make it to The Gathering tonight; work clothes, no makeup and all.  I had a really good time running my mouth, didn't overthink anything and actually had a pleasant ride home for the first time in a long time. 

:biggrin:

Bummed that I didn't get to go tonight to my soon to be sister in law's bachelorette party because of my back. They are doing a thing at Necto. They look like there having fun on the party bus right now.  I miss fun. I miss feeling alive.  Damn

Edited by kat

2 hours ago, kat said:

Bummed that I didn't get to go tonight to my soon to be sister in law's bachelorette party because of my back. They are doing a thing at Necto. They look like there having fun on the party bus right now.  I miss fun. I miss feeling alive.  Damn

~~~~~

Sounds like you need a couple of sessions on my Inversion Flex table.  I have a pinched nerve in my lower back and I don't know how I would have made it without this. 😁

gallery_4589_1225_13982.jpg

1 hour ago, TronRP said:

~~~~~

Sounds like you need a couple of sessions on my Inversion Flex table.  I have a pinched nerve in my lower back and I don't know how I would have made it without this. 😁

gallery_4589_1225_13982.jpg

That looks like it would be wonderful.  I been trying to do a few pilates moves too, which seems to be helpful.  It's way more difficult to do than when I was 28. Lol

6 minutes ago, kat said:

That looks like it would be wonderful.  I been trying to do a few pilates moves too, which seems to be helpful.  It's way more difficult to do than when I was 28. Lol

~~~~~

I'm still at a loss when it comes to Pilates.  It looks like there are a bunch of positions or things you are supposed to do...I really don't know because I get different answers from different people and when I look it up, there's a lot going on. 

😅

12 minutes ago, TronRP said:

~~~~~

I'm still at a loss when it comes to Pilates.  It looks like there are a bunch of positions or things you are supposed to do...I really don't know because I get different answers from different people and when I look it up, there's a lot going on. 

😅

Lol, all I know is was influenced by yoga...(I believe,) and it feels really awesome,  like you focus on the quality of your breathing rather than the quantity. It feels great I just need to do it regularly and not when I'm just in pain because it is really good for your core. Try the 100, it looks so stupid but you will feel it in your abs hard.

7 minutes ago, kat said:

Lol, all I know is was influenced by yoga...(I believe,) and it feels really awesome,  like you focus on the quality of your breathing rather than the quantity. It feels great I just need to do it regularly and not when I'm just in pain because it is really good for your core. Try the 100, it looks so stupid but you will feel it in your abs hard.

~~~~~

Well, I do need to work on my abs to tighten up this flab.  I will look into this.

However, the only thing I do know is that Pilates is named after the guy that created the system, Joseph Pilates. 😊

3 minutes ago, TronRP said:

~~~~~

Well, I do need to work on my abs to tighten up this flab.  I will look into this.

However, the only thing I do know is that Pilates is named after the guy that created the system, Joseph Pilates. 😊

Dude, I would kill to be your size! I know though we are always our worst critic. Pilates is good for toning I personally need something for weight loss. I fell off my low carb wagon but I'm going to try again because I feel like losing weight would be a start to managing my back issues. 

6 minutes ago, kat said:

Dude, I would kill to be your size! I know though we are always our worst critic. Pilates is good for toning I personally need something for weight loss. I fell off my low carb wagon but I'm going to try again because I feel like losing weight would be a start to managing my back issues. 

~~~~~

I just remembered, you haven't seen me in awhile.  I kind of messed myself up a bit. 😅

After I moved Moe into her new place, I was gearing up to do some work there because she had some outdoor projects that needed to be handled, while at the same time, I was getting ready to assist our sister and her husband in packing up their old house because they were getting ready to move soon and, lastly, our brother had requested appliances that were stored in Moe's new garage.  So, to prepare myself for the rigorous schedule I thought I was about to keep, I started carbo loading October of 2017.  Unfortunately, we got hit with relentless rains and an early frost which postponed the outdoors work for Moe and there was a serious delay in the house search efforts with our sister and her husband and the appliance move was a no go due to services not wanting to do business in Detroit due to some graffiti incident that took place in Lincoln Park.

So to make a long story shorter...I had put on an extra 20 pounds and with my high endurance working against my high metabolism, it takes me 3 times as much effort to lose 1 pound.  However, I finally got enough physical activity to start knocking off the weight, but now I have a belly that sits so low I look like I'm 3 month. 😌

The Art of Camouflage Fashion is a wonderful thing...😏

21 hours ago, TronRP said:

~~~~~

I just remembered, you haven't seen me in awhile.  I kind of messed myself up a bit. 😅

After I moved Moe into her new place, I was gearing up to do some work there because she had some outdoor projects that needed to be handled, while at the same time, I was getting ready to assist our sister and her husband in packing up their old house because they were getting ready to move soon and, lastly, our brother had requested appliances that were stored in Moe's new garage.  So, to prepare myself for the rigorous schedule I thought I was about to keep, I started carbo loading October of 2017.  Unfortunately, we got hit with relentless rains and an early frost which postponed the outdoors work for Moe and there was a serious delay in the house search efforts with our sister and her husband and the appliance move was a no go due to services not wanting to do business in Detroit due to some graffiti incident that took place in Lincoln Park.

So to make a long story shorter...I had put on an extra 20 pounds and with my high endurance working against my high metabolism, it takes me 3 times as much effort to lose 1 pound.  However, I finally got enough physical activity to start knocking off the weight, but now I have a belly that sits so low I look like I'm 3 month. 😌

The Art of Camouflage Fashion is a wonderful thing...😏

I haven't gained weight since I have seen you last,  well actually I did but it was like 15 lbs and I lost that but I have a good 60 at least lbs I need to lose just to be thicc. Lol

I look like literal shit lately.  My number 11 lines are no joke. They run so deep, my scars bother me the older I get too and my weight goes right to my stomach,  it's a thing on my dad's side we have what we call the Hundley belly and the Hundley chin. I used to hate my chin when I was growing up cause I thought I looked like Jay Leno:(

3 hours ago, kat said:

I haven't gained weight since I have seen you last,  well actually I did but it was like 15 lbs and I lost that but I have a good 60 at least lbs I need to lose just to be thicc. Lol

I look like literal shit lately.  My number 11 lines are no joke. They run so deep, my scars bother me the older I get too and my weight goes right to my stomach,  it's a thing on my dad's side we have what we call the Hundley belly and the Hundley chin. I used to hate my chin when I was growing up cause I thought I looked like Jay Leno:(

~~~~~

Jay Leno....oh Heck No...but like you said, "we are always our worst critic"

💖:grouphug:heart:

Now that I'm finally getting active enough to start shedding these extra pounds, it feels like I've awaken every old injury and dislocation I have suffered in the past 25 years.  While I was chauffeuring yesterday, I could feel the pinched nerve in my lower back starting to feel aggravated.  Today, I picked up some bags and popped a rib that caused a muscle spasm in my side.  The good thing is that I know how to handle these issues.  The concerning thing is that this week is full of appointments that I have to chauffeur for.  I definitely have to take things slow and steady.  I know it usually takes me 3 days to recuperate from most physical issues, so at current, I'm not too worried about being able to take care of business these next few days.

• TronRP pinned this topic