• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 59 Guests (See full list)

• 12:01am - Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 61 Guests (See full list) TronRP
    • ~~~~~ Definitely didn't touch it.  I was researching data recovery methods because I know that files still exists even after you "delete" them (I watch a lot of Crime TV cop and FBI shows).    Fortunately, it was only my Windows ProPad that had the forced Windows 11 upgrade.  I very rarely let anything adjust the settings of my laptop...I just don't really like a lot of change (one reason I'm so bad with social media).    So, thank you.  I will definitely look into the suggested information. 
    • 11:45pm - Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 66 Guests (See full list) TronRP
    • Fuck, that's what I get for not reading this more often DON'T TOUCH IT! Testdisk is an amazing data recovery tool.  It's possible it could still find that data. How it works is the information isn't really gone when a file is deleted until that space is overwritten with new data, so it's possible to recover that data until that happens.  Even most of the simple data recovery services just start with that. Also Windows 11 sucks, for multiple reasons.  Get yourself a copy of "Windows 10 LTSC" and it shouldn't force the upgrade (or just switch to Linux Mint which is much better anyway and can run most of the same programs or at least an analogue equivalent.) You can also turn off the forced upgrade option with Win10Privacy too, which is basically just a nice user interface for a bunch of PowerShell commands and Windows Registry settings. If you ever want a hand with it let me know, I'm fairly good at what I do.  @Stucan attest to that.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.