• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 21 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online
  • Topics

• I started a community for goths in Michigan on Discord.  It's a lot different than the House Spiral one since the focus isn't at all on BDSM.  There are a few there and it's growing but it's just mostly local friends I don't hate.  All are welcome though as long as they behave.   The link is https://discord.gg/eJaPkcNPnj if anyone feels like checking it out.
    • Was looking through old threads looking for something else and stumbled across this.  I had some good times there, especially going to the steampunk nights with Sasha and her opossum (I VJed one of those once too!) and just hanging out in general.  It was a mile from me too. They had crazy steampunk art on the walls and the owner had a desk set up by the entrance in the back with all sorts of in progress projects on it.  The stage was set up in the front and that entryway was blocked off.  They didn't have a food/liquor license so everything was BYOB and donations.  It was also an art gallery which they sold a lot of.  They'd also have classes there for things like drawing (See What Stacey Started), I don't know what else and I never really went to those except for when there was an event after. Unfortunately the original owner died:  http://paganmichigan.wikidot.com/event:steampunk-art-show-in-honor-of-michael-wiggins Then after a few years and unsuccessfully trying to save it Steve (the new owner) ended up selling.  I'm not sure if they knew each other or not but I was surprised that my friend from high school Lyle bought it.  Now it's known as Youngblood's, where he does haircuts in the front and his wife sells clothing in the back. There was a Phoenix II for a minute that was farther East down 10 Mile, but it didn't last too long.  I never actually made it there myself.
    • Well family that visited came down with COVID so I decided to skip it because I'm not a selfish prick.  Then other family came down with it the next day which just reaffirmed my decision.  It's going to be a long boring weekend and I was looking forward to Asylum in Canada tonight, and/or @Serxera's tomorrow for the usual weekly hangout.  Probably also skip Necto on Monday as well just to be really safe.
    • Many (20ish?) years ago after we had our street redone we had a company come and offer to spray-paint our address on the curbside.  They used a white boarder and then black stencils.  You could do something like that, that is assuming your road is newer and you actually have curbs. Anyway I remember riding my bike on it while it was closed off, and also having a block party with all the neighbors on it.  It was so fun that one day we got everyone to sign a petition to close the city for a day a year later and had another block party on it.  It was good times.
    • That shit is great.  Guy has the vocal range of the guy from The Darkness, but they don't suck like The Darkness did either. Y'all got some good taste kid.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.