what are you doing right now? (cont'd)

TronRP

4 hours ago, et-novum said:

You've got this! I managed to get myself hype enough to run errands so I'll pass that energy to you ❤️

~~~~~

Thank you...energy was well received.  Getting back in from taking care of the HomeHouse and now I'm on a fuse pullout search for a new project. :biggrin:

1 hour ago, et-novum said:

Trying to change up my routine to shower less (healthier for your skin and hair). I never realized how much time showering actually takes up.

~~~~~

That depends on how many times you have been showring in a day.

I declare my brain went OCD on this one.  I had an acquaintance who used to wash up every time they went to the bathroom.  I have no idea what happened in their childhood that caused that, but I was concerned.

52 minutes ago, TronRP said:

That depends on how many times you have been showring in a day.

I normally shower once a day. But for my activity level, even in the hot of the summer, I'm really not that gross unless I've been majorly sweating.

I also have fine, thin hair and I'm unsure if showering/conditioning daily is healthy for it. Probably not tbh.

17 hours ago, et-novum said:

I normally shower once a day. But for my activity level, even in the hot of the summer, I'm really not that gross unless I've been majorly sweating.

I also have fine, thin hair and I'm unsure if showering/conditioning daily is healthy for it. Probably not tbh.

I just forget to shower sometimes.  It does save on water and by extension the water bill.  When I do remember I usually am in for at least a half an hour.

My hair is also thin and has always fallen out as fast as it grows in.  They say hats aren't good for it either.  Still waiting for some bald spot to show up one day, at which point I'll start shaving it all off.  I kind of want to do that now but most people I know like me with it long.  I went to City last Saturday and got a couple complements on it (it's very curly in the summer.)

I don't think I've had an actual haircut since I was 18?

Back in from today's chauffeuring run and taking care of the houses.

I literally made it onto my porch 2 second before the skies opened up and dump yet another monsoon on the land.

1 hour ago, TronRP said:

Back in from today's chauffeuring run and taking care of the houses.

I literally made it onto my porch 2 second before the skies opened up and dump yet another monsoon on the land.

That is good timing.  I've done that many times myself.

I've done the reverse too though. but I believe it was mostly the former that has happened.

Not that I really concern myself with rain.  It's the lightning that will get ya!

Pretty happy we haven't had worse than that for a long time.  But that means the odds of it happening are probably going up.

1 hour ago, Scary Guy said:

That is good timing.  I've done that many times myself.

I've done the reverse too though. but I believe it was mostly the former that has happened.

Not that I really concern myself with rain.  It's the lightning that will get ya!

Pretty happy we haven't had worse than that for a long time.  But that means the odds of it happening are probably going up.

~~~~~

Last Saturday, I felt like a little worm on a big freaking hook when I was jet jockeying across WSU's campus, through a thunderstorm with lightning overhead, sheltered under a giant golf umbrella, trying to swim to my truck.  My heart was beating like crazy and my body kept bracing for a strike every time I saw a flash.

The thought kept running through my head, "Will I know I got hit or will I just blank out and wake up in the hospital?"

😆

5 hours ago, TronRP said:

~~~~~

Last Saturday, I felt like a little worm on a big freaking hook when I was jet jockeying across WSU's campus, through a thunderstorm with lightning overhead, sheltered under a giant golf umbrella, trying to swim to my truck.  My heart was beating like crazy and my body kept bracing for a strike every time I saw a flash.

The thought kept running through my head, "Will I know I got hit or will I just blank out and wake up in the hospital?"

😆

I mean that's IF you wake up, but  you're shorter (or at least more so than me anyway) so you do have that going for you, which is nice.

Edited by Scary Guy

1 hour ago, gwen said:

about to hit the lake. hopefully not trip over the trailer and break my face (again) run into the dock and break my ass (again) break something or otherwise cause mayhem. water and mayhem dont mix. harsens here we come! i hope. shud i pray to an invisible njord to save me? because i dont like the sound of his name. N'jord. wtf is that. If I dont like the sound of his name how is praying to it supposed to help me? my partner wants to make this a 'spiritual' occassion with his vishnu. i just dont want to drown. thats up to us. we have to get better than a 3-1 on the water accident ratio.

Be careful, you're more fragile than you used to be when you were younger.

I warn everyone of this.  Eventually it's like we're made of glass.