what are you doing right now? (cont'd)

TronRP

21 hours ago, TronRP said:

Still on house cleaning...been about an hour now.  This is a monumental task.  Just happy that I got the parts and repaired my vacuum cleaner.

That's what I should do. Maybe focus on one room at a time (save for one) and see what happens.

4 minutes ago, NocteSpiritus said:

Sitting to eat after making two trips to drop off hazardous waste (old gas, old paint, and other hazardous house stuff). I'm sure there's other stuff, but that can wait until another day.

YO!!!

Where did you go for that drop off?

Sitting outside on a drywall cart. It's a pretty laxidaysicle work day today. We're just hanging around in case the sawcutters or framers need to have any fixtures moved. Big change of pace from the whole first week's bloody slugfest full of demolition work lol.

Er'body got off work early today and now I'm making a run to go buy some Pepto Dismal for "Junior" who's done got a tummy ache... Jr. is the 18 yr son my ol' homeboy here that owns/runs the company. Soon as Youngblood's outta school on summer vacation *surprise!* his dad made him come out on the road to WORK, ya know like to build character or somethin LMAO

17 minutes ago, WhiteLines said:

Er'body got off work early today and now I'm making a run to go buy some Pepto Dismal for "Junior" who's done got a tummy ache... Jr. is the 18 yr son my ol' homeboy here that owns/runs the company. Soon as Youngblood's outta school on summer vacation *surprise!* his dad made him come out on the road to WORK, ya know like to build character or somethin LMAO

~~~~~

Yep, that's usually how it works.

Every Summer, I put the boy to work with me to broaden his perception of the world.  I know it's a case of "Here me now and understand me later", but that doesn't keep me for talking and telling him like it is.  😆

2 hours ago, TronRP said:

Really hating my email inbox....1100+.  The faster I clean it out, the faster Microsoft lets in the junk.

By the way, junk box had 580.

Yikes, why are you getting so much trash?

You should check into something else, or start using filters to sort through the crap.

I try to use one email address for anything actually important and another for all other things like website logins etc...  Also everyone knows not to forward me things or include me in forwarded things, chain emails, or other crap.  That's how your email gets out there and then that's how you get crap sent to you.

I have been getting more junk lately though.  There is currently one piece sitting in the junk folder.  It's been a good run though and I like my current email provider.  Hope I don't have to switch addresses anytime soon but if it starts to get annoying then I decommission it and move on to a new one, being sure to contact anyone of any importance directly.

There are some services that also help to reduce spam.  There was also a recommendation years ago for email certificates where it could be verified by a trusted authority and anything else would just bounce.

Really though in this age of instant messaging email is just an antiquated relic only used by people over 35 for anything other than a 2FA or for login password recovery.

4 minutes ago, Scary Guy said:

Yikes, why are you getting so much trash?

You should check into something else, or start using filters to sort through the crap.

I try to use one email address for anything actually important and another for all other things like website logins etc...  Also everyone knows not to forward me things or include me in forwarded things, chain emails, or other crap.  That's how your email gets out there and then that's how you get crap sent to you.

I have been getting more junk lately though.  There is currently one piece sitting in the junk folder.  It's been a good run though and I like my current email provider.  Hope I don't have to switch addresses anytime soon but if it starts to get annoying then I decommission it and move on to a new one, being sure to contact anyone of any importance directly.

There are some services that also help to reduce spam.  There was also a recommendation years ago for email certificates where it could be verified by a trusted authority and anything else would just bounce.

Really though in this age of instant messaging email is just an antiquated relic only used by people over 35 for anything other than a 2FA or for login password recovery.

~~~~~

I found out the hard way that Microsoft had actually discontinued Live.com last year.  One day I went to check my mail and the account was no longer active.  I had to put in a request to have the box restored.  The information was from an offshores third-party provider.  Since then, even the filters I had already in place were not filtering out much of anything.  But at least (at that time) the bulk of everything was going to the Junk box.  Not it's anything goes.

Also, as I deal with a lot of financial and legal documentation, we tend to correspond through email attachments and faxes as most companies are going "Green".  A few of the people I deal with are just barely 30 so I suppose their relic of a company is causing them to be associated with the antiquated service of electronic mail.  Also, the WCPC does not allow instant messaging for court petition processing.

43 minutes ago, TronRP said:

~~~~~

I found out the hard way that Microsoft had actually discontinued Live.com last year.  One day I went to check my mail and the account was no longer active.  I had to put in a request to have the box restored.  The information was from an offshores third-party provider.  Since then, even the filters I had already in place were not filtering out much of anything.  But at least (at that time) the bulk of everything was going to the Junk box.  Not it's anything goes.

Also, as I deal with a lot of financial and legal documentation, we tend to correspond through email attachments and faxes as most companies are going "Green".  A few of the people I deal with are just barely 30 so I suppose their relic of a company is causing them to be associated with the antiquated service of electronic mail.  Also, the WCPC does not allow instant messaging for court petition processing.

Ah that's fair then.

Like I said, hook up a new address and contact anyone you've done business with in the past five years.  Start using that "reply to" field with that as well.  Decommissioning an email takes time and generally isn't a task that should be rushed.

Mozilla Thunderbird has automatic client side spam filtering, so you could try using that too.

Maybe https://bogofilter.sourceforge.io too, but that's harder to set up.

Edited by Scary Guy

11 hours ago, Scary Guy said:

Ah that's fair then.

Like I said, hook up a new address and contact anyone you've done business with in the past five years.  Start using that "reply to" field with that as well.  Decommissioning an email takes time and generally isn't a task that should be rushed.

Mozilla Thunderbird has automatic client side spam filtering, so you could try using that too.

Maybe https://bogofilter.sourceforge.io too, but that's harder to set up.

~~~~~

To date, I have decommissioned 4 email accounts.  I was just shocked because I am paying a subscription on this one, but MSN is treating it like the red head stepchild.