Salute to America or Civil War Remembrance

Basically the GFV/HFM's July 4th celebration. July 3-6. 

"Greenfield Village Entrance gates open at 6 pm for an evening performance of a classic Independence Day Celebration with the Detroit Symphony Orchestra. Tickets are valid only on the date listed; void once scanned. This is an outdoor event and is held rain or shine.  We regret there can be no refunds, even in the event of inclement weather, as determined by The Henry Ford in cooperation with local Emergency Services. Please read our severe weather policy before purchasing tickets. Alcoholic beverages are not permitted unless purchased on-site."

Is there any interest in doing this? Keep in mind save for Thursdays (being my one day off in the week so far), I will be off work at 6 (unless we're slow) and may not get there until 630. I'm still hoping to get a group of us going just for the museum, village, and factory tour or the Civil War days this weekend. If there is more interest in one than the other, decide now and we all can meet there and use my membership for tickets.

Civil War Remembrance

Salute to America

A bump to see if there's an interest in doing the Salute to America event. Even I will have to pay for the ticket. I'm wanting to see if there's anyone who's wanting to try and make a day/evening out of this and go do it. The DSO will be there. Can always do an afternoon at the village, maybe a dinner/something to eat at the Eagle Tavern (a stage coach stop) or at the cafe, and pick a spot for the fireworks. I can make room in my car's trunk and bring a wagon for anything we bright for snacks/waters/chairs.

• 2 weeks later...

Bumping this to see if there's any interest in Salute to America. The dates are July 3-6. There's the option of bringing our own food/drinks/seating if we do just the evening event. If we do the whole day (museum/tour/village or some combo of the three or just one), we can bring still do it.

We can reserve wheelchairs if needed, but it needs to be done before the day we decide on.

Salute to America

Time: Gates open 6:00pm - DSO begins 8:30pm

Member    Non-Member

Tickets:    $23.75       $28.00   (Gen Ad 12+)

$17.75        $21.00  (Youth 5-11)

Community goodwill fills Greenfield Village as picnic blankets and chairs are assembled for a joint concert by the Detroit Symphony Orchestra and the Jazz Ambassadors of The United States Army Field Band. An exuberant collection of songs, food and fanfare connects families, friends and neighbors to honor the great American experiment.

Your experience includes:

Fife and Drum Parade

Live Preshow Music by the Jazz Ambassadors of The United States Army Field Band

Detroit Symphony Orchestra Concert

Live Historic Cannon Fire

Fireworks Finale