this cant just be me

Slept with ghost

I love music and im not going to say that i wont listen to a song because it does this but i have always hated it when a song fades out at the end i just always felt kinda let down when a song ends that way like the band couldnt take a few extra hours or days to make the song really great and end it in a huge way...maybe its just me but i dont think so so please tell me what you think

Depends on the song.....sometimes I like to use fade. I don't have a drummer right now and sometimes just cannot come up with a good ending. Writing with drummers really helps me with this because they know how to do a little roll or something to make it sound like it is supposed to end there. But a song that is mellow and trances you out sometimes is best faded into the next one.

I love music and im not going to say that i wont listen to a song because it does this but i have always hated it when a song fades out at the end i just always felt kinda let down when a song ends that way like the band couldnt take a few extra hours or days to make the song really great and end it in a huge way...maybe its just me but i dont think so so please tell me what you think

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

indeed, a really rockin' song which just fades... lamoid. but... a soft song, that you could really imagine going on forever, that's sometimes appropriate, but even then, it's got to be orchestrated PERFECTLY. I find myself thinking... how would they end that in concert?

OH OH OH and then some songs fade back in which really sucks balls

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh you mean like Apop, Nonstop Violence?

That second of silence really pisses me off when I'm playing it in the club.

But fading is important someitmes, I can take it or leave it. Makes it easier to mix songs though in some cases. The songs that don't which probably should I tend to fade out myself.

Archived