Bible Meditation

5 hours ago, Stu said:

There REALLY needs to be a "haha" button on here....  😆

~~~~~

Actually, there is.

On a computer, you can do a mouseover on the little white heart in the lower right corner of the post and you will see options.

large.951397988_DGNForumBibleMeditation061421-2(2).png

Unfortunately, I am not versed on how to do that on something like a smartphone.

😅

9 hours ago, TronRP said:

~~~~~

Actually, there is.

On a computer, you can do a mouseover on the little white heart in the lower right corner of the post and you will see options.

large.951397988_DGNForumBibleMeditation061421-2(2).png

Unfortunately, I am not versed on how to do that on something like a smartphone.

😅

Not sure how to do that on a smart phone. And I've seen/had more love/tolerance from atheists/agnostics than from Christians.

11 minutes ago, NocteSpiritus said:

Not sure how to do that on a smart phone. And I've seen/had more love/tolerance from atheists/agnostics than from Christians.

~~~~~

I hear ya there

18 hours ago, Trappernicus said:

TBH If I come across content that I either don’t agree with or don’t particularly like, you know what I do? I just ignore it.

Something others may want to consider doing. Just saying 🦊

~~~~~

But I am a bit confused by your comment.  You are on an open group forum and introduced a topic, but didn't want anyone to respond or have an opinion about it.  Then why post it on a public forum?

We are a band of misfits who have had issues "blending in" with regular and/or mainstream society (and in some cases even family).  So it is a little hard to ignore content that is brought to our internet home, therefore, we will tend to voice our opinions regarding topics/content that are brought to us.

5 hours ago, TronRP said:

~~~~~

But I am a bit confused by your comment.  You are on an open group forum and introduced a topic, but didn't want anyone to respond or have an opinion about it.  Then why post it on a public forum?

We are a band of misfits who have had issues "blending in" with regular and/or mainstream society (and in some cases even family).  So it is a little hard to ignore content that is brought to our internet home, therefore, we will tend to voice our opinions regarding topics/content that are brought to us.

Okay, fair comment. I just didn't expect the level of sarcasm and criticism. I keep forgetting that these seem to be the trade marks of modern conversation. People banter back and forth with sarcastic comments and not creative or insightful replies. I'm beginning to see why Detroit Gothic is only frequented by a small close knit group of Gothics. 🦊

10 hours ago, Trappernicus said:

Okay, fair comment. I just didn't expect the level of sarcasm and criticism. I keep forgetting that these seem to be the trade marks of modern conversation. People banter back and forth with sarcastic comments and not creative or insightful replies. I'm beginning to see why Detroit Gothic is only frequented by a small close knit group of Gothics. 🦊

No you aren't.  

Fox news is one of the worst most closed minded organizations in the country and is the Number 1 most popular cable "news" channel. 

Popularity never equated to "good" or "correct." 

10 hours ago, Trappernicus said:

"Hey If I don't like it I just ignore it."  Then... reply to something you don't like with this sort of comment that you JUST SAID you would just ignore.  

If you aren't open to criticism public spaces are not the place for you.  You have to expect actually critically minded comments or wise-ass remarks anywhere you post in public. 

Do many of us "like" wise-ass remarks or things critical of our ideas?  Some do, but not many.  Its part of being in public or at least semi public. 

Now if there are direct person-to-person insults over and over again by the same person after multiple warnings then that would be addressed.  But, this is not that sort of situation. 

On 6/14/2021 at 9:33 PM, NocteSpiritus said:

The xeophobia is extra strong in the Christian community.  Not that we all don't have some small measure of it.  

I do know LOTS of Christians that are very helpful and generous.  

It is shocking how many  "good Christians" are so lacking in empathy or even just basic critical thinking skills.  They are STILL supporting  en mass for the most immoral ex president in history?  /case closed.   Its what happens when "faith" is replaced with "thinking."

Now does that meant that ALL Christians are bigoted , closed minded clueless morons?  No it doesn't.  There are plenty that are thoughtful, kind and helpful.  

But, it should be obvious to any clear-eyed viewer that Christianity as a whole has been a net loss for humanity. 

On 6/14/2021 at 9:33 PM, NocteSpiritus said:

That is one of the (several) reasons DGN has become so inactive.  /sniffles.   Back in the day everyone used a computer.   The code isn't super well optimized for mobile even now.  It could be more optimized but its a mountain of work to do so unfortunately.  😞

I do hope we can get it "better for mobile" at some point.  But when that will be is very hard.  Every waking moment of my time is focused on staying alive or other higher priority house spiral things.   

Tron does her best, but really we just need more total bodies.   I don't mean anyone reading this.  I mean more total people even if that is only say 5 more.   Which is doable eventually.  Just not quickly.  

5 hours ago, Troy Spiral said:

That is one of the (several) reasons DGN has become so inactive.  /sniffles.   Back in the day everyone used a computer.   The code isn't super well optimized for mobile even now.  It could be more optimized but its a mountain of work to do so unfortunately.  😞

I do hope we can get it "better for mobile" at some point.  But when that will be is very hard.  Every waking moment of my time is focused on staying alive or other higher priority house spiral things.   

Tron does her best, but really we just need more total bodies.   I don't mean anyone reading this.  I mean more total people even if that is only say 5 more.   Which is doable eventually.  Just not quickly.  

I fail to see how this relates to my original post, Troy. Or even the post in general.

6 hours ago, Troy Spiral said:

The xeophobia is extra strong in the Christian community.  Not that we all don't have some small measure of it.  

I do know LOTS of Christians that are very helpful and generous.  

It is shocking how many  "good Christians" are so lacking in empathy or even just basic critical thinking skills.  They are STILL supporting  en mass for the most immoral ex president in history?  /case closed.   Its what happens when "faith" is replaced with "thinking."

Now does that meant that ALL Christians are bigoted , closed minded clueless morons?  No it doesn't.  There are plenty that are thoughtful, kind and helpful.  

But, it should be obvious to any clear-eyed viewer that Christianity as a whole has been a net loss for humanity. 

It's not so much xenophobia (it's in a number of cultures). It's just heightened.

I know that there are Christians that are helpful and generous, yet there's the small few that taint the rest. I could go on and on about the history of the Christian religion that goes back thousands of years and how it changed in that time.

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome to the internet.  This is a privately owned public forum only few people have control over.  Those few believe in free speech (even if some I know disagree with it.)

Being a forum, people bring and share ideas.  That's the beauty of public discourse.  The downside is the bandwagon effect (or the desire to conform.) This is mostly a forum of independent thinkers who don't care what anyone else thinks (ideally anyway.)

People are welcome to spread "the good news" here as long as they don't mind me calling it the fake news that it is.

Here's the thing.  Nonbelief is as offensive to you as religion is offensive to us.  How about we just avoid the topics of religion & spirituality all together?  No because it needs to be shoehorned in everywhere you can shove it.  It's a part of your identity so you need to make posts and throw in videos and have a website to exclaim how much of a good Christian you are, despite having no actual solid evidence to stand on.  So we're going to go back and forth until one of us gets fed up and leaves or shuts up, because I generally don't bring up how there's no god left and right because it doesn't matter to me.  In a truly atheistic world it just doesn't get mentioned at all, which is fine by me.  Then we're all free to live our lives as happy as we want and believe in whatever we want privately.  But that doesn't work for you, does it?  We can't have nice things because you want to worship a god and book of hate which say slavery is okay, women are subservient to men, good and evil are actually things, Pi = exactly 3, the earth is less than 6,000 years old, and touching dicks should get you put to death.  Thanks but no thanks.

11Sny3v.jpg

On 7/7/2021 at 5:54 PM, Scary Guy said:

Here's the thing.  Nonbelief is as offensive to you as religion is offensive to us.  How about we just avoid the topics of religion & spirituality all together?  No because it needs to be shoehorned in everywhere you can shove it.  It's a part of your identity so you need to make posts and throw in videos and have a website to exclaim how much of a good Christian you are, despite having no actual solid evidence to stand on.  So we're going to go back and forth until one of us gets fed up and leaves or shuts up, because I generally don't bring up how there's no god left and right because it doesn't matter to me.  In a truly atheistic world it just doesn't get mentioned at all, which is fine by me.  Then we're all free to live our lives as happy as we want and believe in whatever we want privately.  But that doesn't work for you, does it?  We can't have nice things because you want to worship a god and book of hate which say slavery is okay, women are subservient to men, good and evil are actually things, Pi = exactly 3, the earth is less than 6,000 years old, and touching dicks should get you put to death.  Thanks but no thanks.

well, said, and thank you. :thumbup:

And I agree with several points above:

1. You can't post something on an open forum then say you don't like what someone who doesn't agree with you posts. 

2. Religion (with most people) is a hot button topic that many cannot have a civilized conversation about, so we can leave related topics/posts alone in the future.

I don't believe in the bible/Christianity for many reasons I won't get into now. Yet I will have a civil conversation about any sort of religion, not just Christianity.