12024-07-27 - Happy Endings @ Eastern Palace in Hazel Park

https://www.instagram.com/happy_endings_party/ I guess this is the insta, or the gram, or whatever.  I don't know because I have all Meta domains blocked in my /etc/hosts file

https://www.epchp.com for more info on the venue.

Not exactly a "goth" event, but many of us go.  The music is alternative 80s and 90s.  The venue is themed as a tiki bar.  They also have an in-house smoke house so you can get some good barbecue.  Always on a Saturday except in December when it's on the eve of the new year.  Get there early for better (or any) parking.

Venue opens at 5PM but the actual event starts around 22:00 (10:00 PM) and goes until 02:00.

Edited by Scary Guy
I moved the date to the next one, I lost count how many times.

• Scary Guy changed the title to 2023/07/29 - Happy Endings @ Eastern Palace in Hazel Park
  • TronRP pinned and featured this topic
  • TronRP unfeatured and unpinned this topic
  • TronRP pinned this topic
  • TronRP featured this topic

I should make a report on the last one.  I guess they had some big festival for I don't know what but that end of the side street was barricaded off and a bunch of tents were set up.  By the time I got there for the event all that was shut down but the main club was still going strong.  A lot of faces I didn't know who were probably tourists or something, or maybe I just don't know anyone because I don't really talk to anyone anymore (not that I ever really did.) The kitchen was also closed for the night it seems and the bar had a line.  I don't know why it had a line because you could just go up and get drinks, but the did play a lot of New Wave so maybe people just felt like queuing?  You know, getting into the spirit of it and all that.

I'm hoping next month is less of a circus as I can only handle so much excitement these days.

• Scary Guy changed the title to 12024-07-27 - Happy Endings @ Eastern Palace in Hazel Park
  • TronRP unfeatured this topic
  • TronRP featured this topic