The haunted hearse car show AUG 6

• TronRP pinned this topic
5 hours ago, SlavicGoth said:

I'm just going to put this here 

20230719_082059.jpg

Nice to see that Nix is still doing artwork, and he's apparently expanded his merch (at least I'm 90% sure that's him. and if not someone is really copying his style.)

I miss going to hearse events but there isn't much of a point when I currently don't have one, as it just makes me envious.

55 minutes ago, Scary Guy said:

Nice to see that Nix is still doing artwork, and he's apparently expanded his merch (at least I'm 90% sure that's him. and if not someone is really copying his style.)

I miss going to hearse events but there isn't much of a point when I currently don't have one, as it just makes me envious.

Ohhhh I've been looking for an excuse to go to screamers costumes tbh. 

Two birds one stone!

Also, maybe we could hijack a hearse together ;) giving the event a point for you! 

Edited by oXMiahGraceXo

5 hours ago, oXMiahGraceXo said:

Ohhhh I've been looking for an excuse to go to screamers costumes tbh. 

Two birds one stone!

Also, maybe we could hijack a hearse together ;) giving the event a point for you! 

I don't even want to be a passenger though, I want to be an OWNER again.  Maybe after my father dies if I'm dumb enough.  Because I admit that owning one is retarded as hell.  Shitty gas mileage (so it's expensive and bad for the environment,) hard to park (and apparently some lots won't let you park because "no limos,") large turn radius, tiny mirrors so seeing behind you is really difficult.

At the same time it gets you lots of attention, and while some of it is negative most of it was overwhelmingly positive.  I always loved talking about it.

I remember being in my mid-late 20's and going with my old friend Brant to the mall and after we got out of Saw IV running into some kids who thought I was cool as shit.  One girl said nothing but had the most awestruck look on her face.  Had a fun conversation and I took them outside to check it out.  I was a rock star for a very short time, not that it's hard to impress a bunch of dumb kids who haven't had life kick them in the teeth enough yet.  I hope they formed a goth gang or something.

I remember taking the casket out and using it as my DJ table in the City Club ballroom.

I remember just taking it out and putting it in front of The Casket Bastards as they played that Chopper Show at the old State Fairgrounds.

It honestly opened a lot of doors for me too and I met a lot of cool people.  I think that was well worth the issues I had with both of them.

12 hours ago, Scary Guy said:

I don't even want to be a passenger though, I want to be an OWNER again.  Maybe after my father dies if I'm dumb enough.  Because I admit that owning one is retarded as hell.  Shitty gas mileage (so it's expensive and bad for the environment,) hard to park (and apparently some lots won't let you park because "no limos,") large turn radius, tiny mirrors so seeing behind you is really difficult.

At the same time it gets you lots of attention, and while some of it is negative most of it was overwhelmingly positive.  I always loved talking about it.

I remember being in my mid-late 20's and going with my old friend Brant to the mall and after we got out of Saw IV running into some kids who thought I was cool as shit.  One girl said nothing but had the most awestruck look on her face.  Had a fun conversation and I took them outside to check it out.  I was a rock star for a very short time, not that it's hard to impress a bunch of dumb kids who haven't had life kick them in the teeth enough yet.  I hope they formed a goth gang or something.

I remember taking the casket out and using it as my DJ table in the City Club ballroom.

I remember just taking it out and putting it in front of The Casket Bastards as they played that Chopper Show at the old State Fairgrounds.

It honestly opened a lot of doors for me too and I met a lot of cool people.  I think that was well worth the issues I had with both of them.

I wonder if it's possible to convert one to electric? But that's probably such a process it would hardly be worth it. 

Also, consider, if we stole one you would be the getaway driver and I would be the passenger 😛

(not actually suggesting grand theft auto) 

13 minutes ago, oXMiahGraceXo said:

I wonder if it's possible to convert one to electric? But that's probably such a process it would hardly be worth it. 

Also, consider, if we stole one you would be the getaway driver and I would be the passenger 😛

(not actually suggesting grand theft auto) 

Yeah...  Too bad I don't really believe in property theft though either (unless it's a survival thing.)

As far as converting to electric...  there are issues with heat and batteries exploding.  I'm holding off on electric until they can figure out how to solve this issue.  Right now the only solution is to just let it burn itself out since there's no easy way to stop it.

2 hours ago, Scary Guy said:

Yeah...  Too bad I don't really believe in property theft though either (unless it's a survival thing.)

As far as converting to electric...  there are issues with heat and batteries exploding.  I'm holding off on electric until they can figure out how to solve this issue.  Right now the only solution is to just let it burn itself out since there's no easy way to stop it.

Does the potential for explosion really ruin a car? Lol 

Personally I think that MORE cars should be perpetually on the brink of blowing up ;)

26 minutes ago, oXMiahGraceXo said:

Does the potential for explosion really ruin a car? Lol 

Personally I think that MORE cars should be perpetually on the brink of blowing up ;)

It's generally really bad for the driver, and the environment.

Though that could be debatable, since if both die you take out the carbon footprint of both a car and a human at the same time resulting in less climate damage...

30 minutes ago, Scary Guy said:

It's generally really bad for the driver, and the environment.

Though that could be debatable, since if both die you take out the carbon footprint of both a car and a human at the same time resulting in less climate damage...

It's impossible not to Spiral when you think about footprints too much XD

3 hours ago, Scary Guy said:

Also batteries themselves are bad for the environment. Lithium mining? Heavy industry required to manufacture them? Infrastructure to support the changeover? The current methods we use to generate electricity to charge them? It's a slippery slope, and yeah it's hard not to spiral thinking about it.

Not to say "the Unabomber was correct," but I agree with him that the industrial revolution has had catastrophic effect. We haven't had the temperance or patience to do things in a balanced way. (I disagree with the Unabomber in that killing people is pretty fucking terrible).

6 hours ago, et-novum said:

Also batteries themselves are bad for the environment. Lithium mining? Heavy industry required to manufacture them? Infrastructure to support the changeover? The current methods we use to generate electricity to charge them? It's a slippery slope, and yeah it's hard not to spiral thinking about it.

Not to say "the Unabomber was correct," but I agree with him that the industrial revolution has had catastrophic effect. We haven't had the temperance or patience to do things in a balanced way. (I disagree with the Unabomber in that killing people is pretty fucking terrible).

It really depends on the people though.  If I could go back and kill Thomas Midgley Jr. that would be a great thing for everyone.  If I had to choose between him and Hitler?  Well at least we stopped Hitler.

Was Ted right though?  Was Lud?  I still think we can fix this, but it's going to take a whole lot of work to do so.

By this I mean technology, as the environment is doomed.  The most we can do is make most of humanity's last years on this planet comfortable while it burns around us.

On 7/19/2023 at 8:42 PM, Scary Guy said:

~~~~~

Dude...is that you in the video at 0:16 and then you did a walk through starting at 1:32?

I was sitting here going...That's Scary Guy....Nice cameo! :biggrin:

8 hours ago, TronRP said:

~~~~~

Dude...is that you in the video at 0:16 and then you did a walk through starting at 1:32?

I was sitting here going...That's Scary Guy....Nice cameo! :biggrin:

Well I was there and that's my casket, so of course I was going to be bumble around.  I probably didn't even realize they were filming at the time.

1 hour ago, Scary Guy said:

Well I was there and that's my casket, so of course I was going to be bumble around.  I probably didn't even realize they were filming at the time.

Do you still have the casket or did it leave when you lost the hearse?

4 hours ago, et-novum said:

Do you still have the casket or did it leave when you lost the hearse?

Sadly I sold it when I sold the hearse.  That was my favorite one too despite the color (white with a bit of a pinkish rose color around the top.) It also completely lacked an interior.  But it still had the adjustable bed in it, the gasket seal was intact, and I could lock it with a casket key (glorified Allen wrench.) It even had a compartment on the other side for notes and small keepsakes that also unscrewed from the outside.

I could put my duster or whatever in it and lock it, and not have to worry about it too much.

Also I was a bit disheartened (and livid) when someone stole my fucking collapsible church truck.  I hope whoever did that gets the angriest form of ass cancer.

• TronRP featured this topic
On 7/19/2023 at 1:41 PM, Scary Guy said:

aw you sold yer herse? that sux  hope you get another one.

5 hours ago, gwen said:

aw you sold yer herse? that sux  hope you get another one.

Me too...  Me too :(  Though I don't miss the shitty gas mileage, large turning radius, tiny side mirrors, and discrimination from that one lot in Pontiac that is huge but doesn't allow limos which that technically is.

23 minutes ago, oXMiahGraceXo said:

@Scary Guy I found the perfect hearse for you 

large.Screenshot_20230805-131609.png.0d795b8e5b040fa671feb8ee239f0713.png

I know that one, it is or was down in Texas.  Oh wow, sounds like she may still doing it:  https://www.hemmings.com/stories/2019/05/18/four-links-barbie-dream-hearse-still-on-the-road-at-95-corvette-thief-outs-himself-donner-pass-by-car

10 minutes ago, Scary Guy said:

this is exactly who I want to be when I'm 90

• TronRP unfeatured and unpinned this topic