Where do you see yourself on the political spectrum?

3 minutes ago, KatRN05 said:

Can I be honest with you? “Lizard people” is rooted in anti-semitism. And with the current political climate, there has been a sharp increase in anti-semitism. 

https://www.varsity.co.uk/comment/11782

It's not what I mean. I am a literal lizard person. It's been who I am my entire life. I appreciate the concern :) Words are awesome for meaning multiple things for different types of people. You are valid for your feelings. Have a good day. 

Edited by Queen of Foxes

2 minutes ago, Queen of Foxes said:

It's not what I mean. I am a literal lizard person. It's been who I am my entire life. I appreciate the concern :) Words are awesome for meaning multiple things. 

I have no idea what it means that you’re a literal lizard person. All I am saying is that it’s anti-somatic and rooted in white supremacy. Yes, I understand that words have multiple meanings. 

Edited by KatRN05

36 minutes ago, KatRN05 said:

A quote box mysteriously appeared and won't go away.

I couldn't stand either Clinton or Trump in 2016. Like hind sight is 20/20. I honestly didn't vote at all that time. I couldn't stomach that year.

And that's something I didn't know about lizard people being anti semitic. I just had em lumped in with Annunaki, Nibiru, Fish People, flat earth, chem trails, etc. As some weird ass garbage void of any logic.

Just now, know_buddy_kares said:

I don't think she meant shape shifting reptilian type. But more of an emotional or mental characteristic, like she feels lizard-like?

I can't speak for her but I caught on she wasn't referring to the conspiracy lizard people.

Either way, I just stated my opinion on it.

6 minutes ago, know_buddy_kares said:

I couldn't stand either Clinton or Trump in 2016. Like hind sight is 20/20. I honestly didn't vote at all that time. I couldn't stomach that year.

And that's something I didn't know about lizard people being anti semitic. I just had em lumped in with Annunaki, Nibiru, Fish People, flat earth, chem trails, etc. As some weird ass garbage void of any logic.

Yep. It’s something I learned recently. It’s something that Qanon believers like to espouse.That reptilians are trying to take over etc. I had to look more into it. 

Edited by KatRN05

pretty far to the left a far as this country is concerned. Its true that both sides suck, but there's is a difference in sucktitude between them. One side (Dems) tend to say things and rarely get anything done (though they seem more on top of things lately. Especially in MI). Whereas the Reps have just devolved into sadism. It used to be they would just ignore the poor, exploited, etc... Now they actually seem to get of on causing pain to anyone not like them.

47 minutes ago, KatRN05 said:

A quote box mysteriously appeared and won't go away.

No it's good Intel. It being based in prejudice is something I didn't know because I obviously didn't think much of that weird conspiracy.

This is like when I found out Looney Toons had racist origins. Not that Fog Horn was any less innocent spanking that dog with a 2x4 and painting his tongue green...

12 minutes ago, know_buddy_kares said:

No it's good Intel. It being based in prejudice is something I didn't know because I obviously didn't think much of that weird conspiracy.

This is like when I found out Looney Toons had racist origins. Not that Fog Horn was any less innocent spanking that dog with a 2x4 and painting his tongue green...

We learn when we fuck up. I made the mistake of using the term “lizard people” to someone who is Jewish and I was corrected. We learn, we grow. 

32 minutes ago, KatRN05 said:

We learn when we fuck up. I made the mistake of using the term “lizard people” to someone who is Jewish and I was corrected. We learn, we grow. 

What that's not even a racist term?  It's a reference to aliens underground

18 minutes ago, SlavicGoth said:

What that's not even a racist term?  It's a reference to aliens underground

I’m not even going to put my energy into explaining this again.  I posted an article. Read it. Don’t read it. I don’t care.  A lot of words and terms aren’t necessarily open with their racism and bigotry. Those are called a dog whistles. 

https://jewitches.com/pages/antisemitism-education

Edited by KatRN05

On 7/29/2023 at 3:19 PM, phee said:

I figured we have not had any people arguing with one another. This might be a good place to start.

So where do you find yourself falling on the socio-political spectrum? I think that a lot of people call themselves "apolitical" but I find no one truly is. so... just curious. 

Left leaning centrist. There's things I can agree with on the right/conservative side (like what started off with Desantis in the whole no talking/indepth teaching of sexualities in school K-3).

2 hours ago, phee said:

For me:

My politics are generally pretty simple... If you are not hurting anyone you should be left alone... Socially, being gay does not hurt any one, being trans does not hurt anyone, despite the propaganda immigrants in a general sense do not hurt anyone. Having certain religions beliefs or lack there of do not hurt anyone... but as soon as you start to tell others or force others to follow your beliefs (including kids) you run the risk of hurting someone. Religion usually is the first thing to fail this test, believing in what you want is fine, but religious people barely ever can keep it to themselves.

Any type of belief system that tells you that a certain groups or classes of people are better than others "just because" you are hurting others... whether it is believing that you and yours will go to heaven and others will not, or that people with resources vs people without are superior to others, you are hurting others.

If you have a zillion times more resources than someone else and think that you have no obligation to the person who does not have the same fortune as you... you are essentially keeping a ridiculous amount more than you would ever need from that person and are hurting that person. (On the other side of this if you are taking from others without any accountability or responsibility for yourself, you are also hurting others, but the amount of this from what I have seen pales in comparison to the amount of wealthy people who take advantage of those who are not)

Guns... they exist people have them... this country has it in it's DNA. Responsible ownership is good etc... but the fetish that people have for guns is stupid... the fact that there are more guns in this country than people is stupid... the fact that people fight for the right of unstable people to have guns is stupid. 

I know this makes me sound left leaning... I am okay with that, but there was a time when conservative actually meant to conserve things and having personal freedom... not so much any more. 

(this is a start)

Agreed. No one's going to take guns away from you; like @phee said, it's engrained in the culture. It's about being responsible and not having them out where kids can get them or where those with serious mental health issues can access them.

I believe what had not helped is the Cheeto and its following and all the other cult followings that's popped up. Like QAnon, which started on ... 4chan? There are people that absolutely believe that Trump is the next messiah.

1 hour ago, KatRN05 said:

I’m not even going to put my energy into explaining this again.  I posted an article. Read it. Don’t read it. I don’t care.  A lot of words and terms aren’t necessarily open with their racism and bigotry. Those are called a dog whistles. 

https://jewitches.com/pages/antisemitism-education

Everything is antisemitism these days.  At this rate a nonjew simply eating anything that isn't kosher can be called antisemitism. The founding flag of America is antisemitism according to the ADL

4 minutes ago, SlavicGoth said:

Everything is antisemitism these days.  At this rate a nonjew simply eating anything that isn't kosher can be called antisemitism. The founding flag of America is antisemitism according to the ADL

Fuck even the USA actually guarding its own border is apparently antisemitism. 

5 hours ago, know_buddy_kares said:

And fascists... They always lead to genocides. Maybe one day we'll get smart/lucky and flip the genocide on them.

That sounds dangerously close to "white genocide" which the right uses to scare people into joining their cause.

Also if you're killing off fascists it wouldn't be a genocide anyway as they aren't part of a race, they're part of an idea.

5 hours ago, KatRN05 said:

Oh let’s not forget about the sluts for Hitler who are infiltrating school boards. The right is playing revisionist history here with redefining what slavery was. Redefining the Holocaust. Redefining the mass genocide of Indigenous people here. I could go on. 

This is happening from the right and the left.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_Egyptian_race_controversy is just one example.  Though history is often written by the victors so getting an accurate historical record is difficult at best.

The system is doing exactly what is designed to do. It’s designed to keep us under the constant thumb of control.  The system will collapse eventually. What do you think will happen when people have to starting making those student loan payments and can’t? They should have forgave them so the money could be used to boost the market. 

The problem is that then the universities are out those funds.  I hate to use the R word but since you can't get a good paying job without some sort of accreditation which locks out the poor, maybe some form of regulation is needed with a cap on tuition.  I remember college used to be 18K a year and even that was a bit much.  People shouldn't have to work all their lives to pay off their college debt.

5 hours ago, phee said:

Guns... they exist people have them... this country has it in it's DNA. Responsible ownership is good etc... but the fetish that people have for guns is stupid... the fact that there are more guns in this country than people is stupid... the fact that people fight for the right of unstable people to have guns is stupid.

I was with you most of the way, but who decides who is mentally stable?  If someone has committed no crime should they be denied basic human rights?  What about charging the "mentally unstable" with felonies and locking them up, then when they get out after they've "paid their debt to society" still denying them their rights.  Keep in mind this is exactly what our government has done and continues to do to black people.

I have Autism, ADHD, depression, and I manage it all okay without any medication.  I don't believe myself to be a danger to myself or others.  Still by some metrics I shouldn't be allowed to own the firearms that I've legally carried for ten years now.

Do I think that violent people should have guns?  That's a different question and my answer to that would be no.  But I still don't think precrime should be a thing.  I do think that intervention of some type might be a good idea, but I don't think red flag laws (as they stand) are the correct way to go about that at all.  Maybe ask them to come in for an interview and then if they're found to be unstable deal with things then.  Just going and trying to take someone's guns usually doesn't end well for anyone especially when Heston was saying "from my cold dead hands" for 40 someodd years.

I have no idea what it means that you’re a literal lizard person. All I am saying is that it’s anti-somatic and rooted in white supremacy. Yes, I understand that words have multiple meanings. 

I'm sure she didn't mean it in any derogatory way.  I'm sure Jim Morrison didn't mean it either when he said he was "the lizard king." Everything is about the context it is used in.

4 hours ago, Slogo said:

pretty far to the left a far as this country is concerned. Its true that both sides suck, but there's is a difference in sucktitude between them. One side (Dems) tend to say things and rarely get anything done (though they seem more on top of things lately. Especially in MI). Whereas the Reps have just devolved into sadism. It used to be they would just ignore the poor, exploited, etc... Now they actually seem to get of on causing pain to anyone not like them.

As I've heard quoted: "the cruelty is the point."

2 hours ago, NocteSpiritus said:

Agreed. No one's going to take guns away from you; like  said, it's engrained in the culture. It's about being responsible and not having them out where kids can get them or where those with serious mental health issues can access them.

I'll just leave this here:

2 hours ago, SlavicGoth said:

On the one hand the ADL and the SPLC seem quick to point at a lot of fringe groups and claim "Nazi!"

On the other hand I'm antiZionist, just not antisemitic.  In many people's view this does make me one.  I don't hate Jews, I just hate religion.  I have many good secular Jew-ish friends and one who is orthodox that I met before he got really into it, and we even joke about the whole Jews control everything bit because it's silly.

Here's the truth on the whole Jewish overlord thing too.  Not all or even most Jews are in some secret cabal to control the planet.  However rich people are and some Jews just happen to be rich.  Since people like the rich they don't want to focus on the rich part and instead they just focus on the Jew part.

There is also this deep history of antisemitism that exists too which certainly doesn't help things.  The whole Holocaust thing was just one of many genocides against them.  Most really just want to live their lives the way they want and be left alone, which is all any of us want anyway.  The only reason people really hate them is because they view them as different and people fear anything which is different, and that is sad.

But fuck the religion part of it, and while I'm at it I also I believe in a two-state solution.

11 hours ago, KatRN05 said:

Lizard people was a term made from crackheads and Las Vegas thinking there're actual lizard people or aliens coming out of the sewers. I really have no idea how it became a racist thing. My only guess it that it becomes a popular meme and older people got annoyed 

9 hours ago, SlavicGoth said:

I'm just pointing out a pattern I've been seeing grow with the political chaos this country is in

The pattern has almost always been there. In a nutshell, this is how it works...

Nazis, "Hey, we're Nazis! We love our shitty ideals and you should too!"

Not Nazis, "Your ideas are fucked and you should die!"

Nazis, "Nobody likes our ideals, we need code words!"

And they come up with new code words and symbols as fast as their current ones are sussed out.

Maybe lizard people did have some silly and non racist origins, but they sure as shit took it over for antisemitic uses. Same with 1488, that's also a new one I heard about. If you see that number out of context, it's likely a Nazi dog whistle.

I get the frustration as things change fast and it's hard to keep up with that makes it seem like "everything" is antisemitec... But be careful, that actually sounds antisemitic. It's not sensitive Jews making the rules, it's the Nazis finding new dog whistles that keep ruining shit and turning it antisemitic.

They day they go after shellfish as a new dog whistle is the day I start to fucking genocide their Nazi asses. Don't fuck with my shrimp addiction.

Edited by know_buddy_kares
Autospell fucked me on a few words.

I moderate the comment section for one of my friends who happens to be Jewish. Is it horrifying how quickly things will Spiral from an out of context blind, or slightly off color joke to like 30 some random people describing in visceral detail how and why they would rape and kill my friend. 

I don't tolerate people who play dumb to shit like this. All most people with disturbing views like this want is a little bit of tolerance. And if you don't give it to them you're an asshole for not platforming their free speech 😞

(idk when or how free speech came to mean freedom from all consequences and free acess to any platform you have your heart set on) 

That said, "lizard people" has taken on a life outside of anti semetisim and it isn't ALWAYS a dogwhistle. But it for sure should be a red flag And is not something you want to say in general company if you dont want to cause some discomfort. I'm glad to see that someone other than me brought this up tbh XD 

33 minutes ago, know_buddy_kares said:

The pattern has almost always been there. In a nutshell, this is how it works...

Nazis, "Hey, we're Nazis! We love our shitty ideals and you should too!"

Not Nazis, "Your ideas are fucked and you should die!"

Nazis, "Nobody likes our ideals, we need code words!"

And they come up with new code words and symbols as fast as their current ones are sussed out.

Maybe lizard people did have some silly and non racist origins, but they sure as shit took it over for antisemitic uses. Same with 1488, that's also a new one I heard about. If you see that number out of context, it's likely a Nazi dog whistle.

I get the frustration as things change fast and it's hard to keep up with that makes it seem like "everything" is antisemitec... But be careful, that actually sounds antisemitic. It's not sensitive Jews making the rules, it's the Nazis finding new dog whistles that keep ruining shit and turning it antisemitic.

They day they go after shellfish as a new dog whistle is the day I start to fucking genocide their Nazi asses. Don't fuck with my shrimp addiction.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultural_genocide  Oh, I guess it's actually is a thing.  I just thought it was culturicide.  Though you should still say the whole phrase and not just the last bit.

Also it's 14 and 88.  I can't remember what the 14 was for (sometimes 18 too for A.H.) but 88 represents H.H. which you can guess what that means.

Anyway those bastards steel culture.  They stole the swastika (ancient Hindu symbol for good luck) they almost got the iron cross (and some people still see that as a Nazi symbol.  I'm not going to let them have lizard people too.  I'm taking it back!