What are some of your favorite instrumental songs?

phee

10 hours ago, phee said:

I have so many I cannot even start... but I know some folks don't normally listen to vocal-less music. 

So what are your favorite tracks and songs without words?

:P

But no, seriously I do love a good track not marred by words.  A lot of classical music is great.  Yngwei Malmsteen's "Black Star" is great too as it incorporates some of that in the acoustic part.  Also game/movie/TV show soundtracks (Tangerine Dream, John Carpenter, and Goblin are way up there for me as a few examples.) There's a lot of music that would be great if they removed the lyrics as well.

How did an entire paragraph get deleted?  I had a whole thing about pseudo instrumental music here.  Like music that uses washed out vocals as a background effect, or throat singing.  (Side note, someone needs to sample this and stick it in something:

.) Or some techno tracks that have a very minimal/short looping lyrics where they're clearly just there as an effect more than the focus of the song.  Though something like Adriano Celentano's "Prisencolinensinainciusol" obviously wouldn't count.

Jazz is great too, and this is hilarious:

Edited by Scary Guy

14 hours ago, Scary Guy said:

Yngwei Malmsteen's "Black Star" is great too as it incorporates some of that in the acoustic part.

Somewhat related: Did you see that Yngwie Malmsteen is coming to the Park Theater Holland in September? I'm thinking about getting tickets. Idk if you're enough of a fan to come that far. I don't think I would go if I didn't live here.

6 hours ago, et-novum said:

Somewhat related: Did you see that Yngwie Malmsteen is coming to the Park Theater Holland in September? I'm thinking about getting tickets. Idk if you're enough of a fan to come that far. I don't think I would go if I didn't live here.

I saw him at the Royal Oak Music Theater in I think it was 2006?  It was a great show.  Doubt I'd trek out that way to see him now.

Fun story from Ted who is one of the owners of I-Rock, back in the late 80's when he did his first US tour he had his wife with him and I guess she didn't allow him to drink or do anything "fun." Ted said it was the best he ever played, and apparently the last time she went on tour with him as well.

Anyway back on topic...

1 hour ago, Class-Punk said:

Yes, that Orbital track is exactly what I was thinking of when I was talking about creative use of vocals.  They come from this song:

Which is actually a remix/cover of this acappella song:

Anyway....  Back on topic:

(you know, before thy sucked)

(last one is just mostly instrumental too)

• 3 months later...