How did you pick your DGN icon?

Scary Guy

So the other thread got me thinking about this.  Many of the images we use are just things we like, but some have a deeper meaning.  I figure it's a good topic for discussion.

Mine was from a photo of me DJing taken in 2002 by Brian "DJ Bwahaha" at The home of Ed "CrashSite86." The thing behind me was a clock on the wall which was backlit to cast a shadow on it to show the time.

Mine has an interesting story. A few years ago, I was big into the hobby of trawling the internet for open directories (essentially just unsecured web servers people either left deliberately open or forgot to password protect). I found a site who's url was paxx.world full of about 200 images someone had made as an art project. I downloaded them all, but didn't write down any information. The directory is gone now, so I can't even credit the real source. Those images have been a slideshow background on all of my personal computers since.

The particular image that is my profile picture both here and on Tumblr is an iconic picture of Baphomet from some book by Elphias Levi or someone, except he has a smiley face over his. I found it in that picture collection. I feel like it represents me because I like that occult, dark, and spooky shit but I don't take it too seriously. I also see elements of myself in Baphomet, but the smiley is a reminder to be myself first and foremost. I can like the dark stuff but also be goofy.

Edited by et-novum