Bush Supports "Strong Dollar" Policy

WASHINGTON - President Bush (news - web sites) pledged Wednesday to work with Congress to reduce the United States' huge deficits to assure markets that his administration supports a strong dollar.

"The policy of my government is a strong-dollar policy," Bush said during an Oval Office meeting with Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi.

"We're going to take this issue on seriously with the Congress," the president said.

"The best thing we can do from the executive branch of government in America," Bush said, "is work with Congress to deal with our deficits. One deficit is a short-term budget deficit. Another deficit is the unfunded liabilities that come with Social Security (news - web sites) and some of the health programs for the elderly."

Full Article:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...n_go_pr_wh/bush

perhaps if bush hadnt spent so much on war there wouldnt be as big a defosit.

europe is suffering from a weak dollar at the mo, exports to america are down and i know germany and a few other european nations has had very little economoic growth before this, partly due to a standerdised currency still in flegling condition

its nearly 2 dollars to every british pound stirling at the mo.

it makes selling our stuff out there expensive to buy.

anyhow, just end of random rant

and in all fairness the dollar has allways been lower than the pound. but not this low as far as i can remember