It's Official - HE GOT THE JOB!!!

Party-Time.gif

Jon heard from the company today - they're not bothering with a 2nd interview. He's hired!

He goes in Wednesday to fill in paperwork. Then, he starts the following Monday.

Woo-Hoo and Huzzah!!!!

Guess you'll be seeing me in about 2-3 weeks probably!!!!Yeahh.gif

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is that the job in Madison Heights????

critter, you have no idea how happy i REALLY am for the both of you. i really mean it. i am so happy you are finally going to come home. i know how much that has meant to you for a VERY long time. i knew this was all happening for a reason. ;)

I was just telling Brenda in IM's that, though I walk the line between religions and spiritualities, I really can't help but feel SOMEONE really is looking out for us.

I mean, for him to lose his job, us be able to sell the van for almost triple what we paid for it - in 48 hours - and for a job that fits Jon's very narrow range of skills & experience to be available JUST at this moment in time - it almost leaves me speechless.

I can't wait to come home. It's gonna take a couple/few weeks, but at least I'll be very busy in that time, so hopefully, it'll fly.

See you all soon!!! :grin

(Yes, MsterBeau - it's the Madison Heights job).

I was just telling Brenda in IM's that, though I walk the line between religions and spiritualities, I really can't help but feel SOMEONE really is looking out for us.

I mean, for him to lose his job, us be able to sell the van for almost triple what we paid for it - in 48 hours - and for a job that fits Jon's very narrow range of skills & experience to be available JUST at this moment in time - it almost leaves me speechless.

I can't wait to come home. It's gonna take a couple/few weeks, but at least I'll be very busy in that time, so hopefully, it'll fly.

See you all soon!!! :grin

(Yes, MsterBeau - it's the Madison Heights job).

Cool. John and I will be new job neighbors. Looking forward to meeting the both of ya. :happy:

Thanks, all!

More updates.

Jon had his meeting back at the shop today. Met the vice president, and went over some stuff. Pretty laid-back people, thank goodness.

Sure enough, he's going to have his own van! It'll take about 90 days for it to come down that way, but they actually have to ORDER one for him. Guess it will be brand new.

he'll be driving it home. So there's a company vehicle in our future! Huzzah!

He's gotta get a chauffer's license, but that can wait.

And I talked to a realtor in Taylor today about a couple houses in Wyandotte. He's going to e-mail me information about some mortgage brokers, which I'll talk to as soon as I get the e-mails so I can see if there's any chance in hell we'll be eligible.

Jon's actually meeting with him tomorrow to check out one of the houses we're interested in. It's a foreclosure resell, so it might be damned nice for the money.

This is where the luck is REALLY going to come in. Wish I was there to take care of this stuff. Pain in the ass from 750 miles away.

Archived