goth or not?? i need help!!

This is bizarre... someone who sounded about 12 yrs old asked essentially the same question on the GOTJ board just before the Gathering... "how do I prove to my friend I'm really a juggalette?"

Ov course we weren't nearly as nice to her as errone is being to this cub-ling... I think the poor lil' thing fled in utter dismay & never came back.

This is bizarre... someone who sounded about 12 yrs old asked essentially the same question on the GOTJ board just before the Gathering... "how do I prove to my friend I'm really a juggalette?"

Ov course we weren't nearly as nice to her as errone is being to this cub-ling... I think the poor lil' thing fled in utter dismay & never came back.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ah.. i remember that thread.

god i love my friends

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh NICE move, thats really what I want people to do is scare people AWAY from this subculture.

morons

You know for as open minded and accepting as most claim to be they really aren't.

You have to be joking

www.gothornot.com

Tell me you knew it existed, not that you can rate goth at face value which is all that site is good for.

actually I did not care enough about being goth to know that site existed...

I was joking, but I guess someone else decided to make the site up... silly me I guess I should have checked because heaven knows if I think somthing is rediculous, it must exist somewhere and of course, it must be someones "pride and joy".

oh well... I guess I just dont take being goth or industrial that seriously where do i turn in my membership card?

I was just trying to point out that trying to prove you are goth is like trying to prove you are hot..... some people are going to go and rate you a 1 no matter what.... even if you have giant titties...

I would not worry about it (to the starter of this post)... If your friends dont think you are goth, then so what. Are they going to stop hanging out with you? If so , they probably are not good friends anyway. I hung out with my non goth friends for years even though I always dressed wierd compared to their Khakis....

It doesnt matter if you're a goth or not. It's all in how you feel and how your feelings should be portrayed. If you're worried about proving how 'Goth' you are, I'd be a little worried that you may be into Gothicism for the look and the attention, which isnt what it's about.

It's really simple to look at though, just ask yourself if you can see yourself dressing and thinking/acting the way you do in about 10+ years. If you can, then hey, not so much a passing interest. But if you cant see yourself doing it down the road........ it's a passing interest that'll fade with time.

Might as well chime in...

Like some other members of this board, I am not goth. I enjoy goth culture, dress, and music, but I am not goth. If anything, label me a metalhead. I will never claim myself to be goth.

I believe this was already said, but as soon as someone starts going on about, "That's Goth! Thats NOT Goth! Oh, that's so Goth!" that auctomatically sends me a "wannabe" message. If you're goth, you know it, and you don't give a damn what anyone else thinks. Same goes with any state of mind/being. If you are, you are. If you're a wannabe, you make fun of those who are, heh.

Course, try not to stick labels on yourself, heh... It's bad for you =)

Archived