Favorite new bands

Paper Hearts

The Go! Team

Sort of a collection of really good, quirky musicians-their work is really different than anything else out there-sometimes I hear Polvo influences, other times, it's Tom Tom Club, still other times it's cheezy 1970's supermarket shopping ambience soundtracks that seem to have inspired them-really intersting.

Bloc Party

This band just fucking rocks. They are from England. (playing at Royal Oak Music Theatre 9/13/05)

Chiasm Local Michigan gal which I am surprised no one mentions

Leaves' Eyes

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He said new, and she's not really all that new to me. Awesome band though yes.

Pulse State is pretty good too if we're going to mention bands who most of us probably know personally.

Not too new, 1998 I think, but only has two albums out at the moment (more if you count promos and stuff).  The Birthday Massacre is something everyone should check out.  I call the sound "synth metal" but I've heard them described as gothic/industrial/post new wave.  http://www.nothingandnowhere.com is the website

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The Birthday Massacre is really good. And, it just became a lot easier to find their stuff. They signed with Metropolis Records just recently, and the new version of their Violet EP (with some songs added from Nothing and Nowhere) is already out now on Metro.

Some of the newer bands I've been impressed with are [:SITD:], The Retrosic, Heimataerde, Dope Stars Inc (just found out about them today), and XP8. I regularly drop tracks from most of those in my DJ sets.

Check out Spiral Architect...you'll like :cool

HMMM someone just turned me on to DREAMTHEATER their new one its pretty good ........Train of thought I thinks its called I got it out in my car so I may be wrong about the name of cd but I do know its dreamtheater..........

Also Soil's new one SCARS kicks freakin butt

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Archived